Campaign Two

Get right into roleplaying. Set a scene, or join one in progress.
Canada714

Campaign Two

Postby Canada714 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:02 pm

:adventure: For all you players hoping to roleplay in a campaign in the Tavern, today (or this week rather) is your luck day (week). I'm gonna start up another campaign in the next couple of days. I just ask for a day to write a setting to start you all in and we'll be good to go. If you're interested or have an idea you can send me a message or simply wait until I post something. ;)
I'm not a very experienced GM but I have a lot of PC experience so I hope it transfers over lol. All I ask is for you to bare with me. :moustache:
...and I said "OATMEAL? ARE YOU CRAZY?!"...oh, sorry
"I also enjoy long walks on the beach beneath the pale blue light of elder gods." -Selerik

grimAuxilliam

Re: Campaign Two

Postby grimAuxilliam » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:08 pm

I guess it's about time to make my first pony character. And im sure youll do fine as a GM.
The only thing deadlier than a tarrasque is a natural 1.

Intendant S

Postby Intendant S » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:49 pm

Hey, everyone who's ever GM'd had to start somewhere. You'll do fine, I'm sure. ;)

I'll see what you come up with and I might join in on this one, too. 'Cause I'm crazy. :crazy:
"Too much spirit can be a dangerous thing. Tends to... infect others."

Canada714

Postby Canada714 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:53 pm

The town of Amethyst has always a spot on the map. While not a grand city (still a town in size) it sits near the base of the largest mountain of the Cliffsdale Mtn Range, this mining town has always been prosperous due to its number one export. Gems.

Whether they're used for jewelry, magical items, or weapons, everyone has a used for these stones, but collecting them isn't easy. A large population of Amethyst tirelessly works in the mines from sunrise to sunset harvesting what they can. Though recently, production has halted entirely. Amethyst's economy is well enough off that it can survive a mineral drought for a few weeks up to a month, but the mines must reopen or the town will crumble.

Everyone will tell you it's for one reason or another. Some say an earthquake swallowed a work crew up, others say undead or unholy creatures living deep below are fighting to take back their homes, while others still say they let loose something that never should have been awoken. Either way the head merchants of the town want to know and are willing to pay a handsome reward to whoever reopens the mine.

Magic users visit for beautiful gems to house powerful magics :starry: , fighters come for rare metals to forge mighty weapons :eeyup: , and many come to make their dreams of wealth a reality (one way or another <_< ). Now, why are YOU here?

//town description is coming next! All ponies are welcome! Don't aim for people to like you, just have fun and be a team player and that'll come naturally ;) //
"I also enjoy long walks on the beach beneath the pale blue light of elder gods." -Selerik

Canada714

Postby Canada714 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:10 pm

You walk up a road that, like most things in Amethyst, is made of stone. The welcome sign you passed was made of stone, the various statues that stand in front of most buildings are made of stone, even some of the farms you passed on your way here had fields full of stones (though they said they were rocks and that they're "very different."). You can't help but notice the population consists mostly of earth ponies but the other tribes are amongst the crowd. Even a few different races like zebras and griffins dot the populous.

You have to pass the bustling market place to even make it into town. You see several key buildings such as the parliament building (aka the Mayors Office), a tavern, an inn, and a few more built in shops (blacksmith, enchanters, etc.) before you in a circle. They're all built out of, you guessed it, stone. At the very center of the circle stands a tall rock with no unique characteristics besides being surrounded by flowers and candles whose colors burst against the dull background.

grimAuxilliam

Postby grimAuxilliam » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:24 am

A deep blue earth pony walks down the cobblestone street carrying a large saddlebag with many vials strapped to one side with a bandoleer. Along side the vials is an unprotected coin purse, but unlike most coin purses, it is rigged with a minor explosive if anyone tries open the bag containing copper shards inside. The other side of the saddlebags holsters a light crossbow, showing the wear and tear of many years of use along side a quiver filled with bolts tipped with glass bulbs of fluids that only he would understand. A bulky cloak covers many burns wounds, mostly self inflicted by his trade as an alchemist. His shop back in Windfall has been know to blow up more than once, forcing him to live on the outskirts of town to minimize damages to nearby buildings.

He looks left and right in impatience, wandering through the streets, muttering, "Where is that crushed gem shop? It has to be here somewhere. I still can't believe this is the closest town selling a reliable source of gems. At least it's going to be worth my trouble."

He pulls over the closest pony and asks, "Do you know where a certain gem shop is? It sells gem powder, instead of the usual fare."

Canada714

Postby Canada714 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:18 am

"If you want to run faster, hold the B button to run." :P Says the teal earth pony. He shakes his head side to side. "Um...sorry." He rubs his forehead with a hoof. "Um...you're looking for Powder Luck's shop. The shops got the same name as her. It's just around the circle as the three hand." He says referring to the circle as a clock.

Delta Requiem

Postby Delta Requiem » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:48 am

At the base of the rock in the center of the circle, a pegasus mare plays a lute with unusual dexterity. She's drawn a bit of a crowd, as she plays tune after tune, sometimes adding her voice to form a song. Her voice is powerful, carrying over the entire marketplace. Her coat is a dark amaranth in color, while her mane and tail are grey with crimson stripes. Her eyes are a deep blue, sparkling with mirth. Yet, deeper in her eyes, one can see an intelligence far beyond her years.

She wears a traveler's cloak, under which a chain shirt can be seen. Aside from her lute, her only possessions seem to be located in her saddlebags, which are set down next to her. The lute itself is of astonishing quality, clearly a masterwork instrument. A hat is set down in front of her, acting as a collecting tin.

((OOC: I've leveled Delta up a bit from the other thread, hence why she has a masterwork lute and chain shirt now.))
"My trade is rumor and gossip, my weapon the spoken word."
- Bardic Oath taken by the Court Bard

Intendant S

Postby Intendant S » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:31 am

Slowly entering the town, an earth pony with a white coat and blood-red mane wanders through the marketplace. Covering assorted scars, most likely earned through battle, sits a tarnished and battered set of plate mail. On the back sits a pitted and scarred shield and sheathed at the side is a sword that has seen better days. While still fully functional, this equipment could use some repair work. Noticing the blacksmith, the mare heads over in that direction.

"Excuse me, but how much is it to repair my armor, shield, and weapon? The last battle that I was in was rather brutal and I'm afraid that it won't last much longer."
"Too much spirit can be a dangerous thing. Tends to... infect others."

grimAuxilliam

Postby grimAuxilliam » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:45 pm

"Thank you sir," the alchemist replies as he wanders in that general direction. He eventually finds the store among the crowded stone structures. He enters the rocky room and is surrounded by a myriad of gems of all types. The earth pony walks up to the owner of the store and ask, "Excuse me, but do you have some high grade crushed amethyst? I'll need 200 grams. And I'll need an assorted set of other low grade gems. Lemme check my list." He deftly yanks a scroll out of his saddlebags and unfurls it on the ground and requests, "I will need 75 grams of low grade sapphire, malachite, peridot, emerald and topaz. How much will all this cost?"

Return to “Tavern”