Warpriest Blessings of the new domains

Have Pathfinder or Ponyfinder rules questions, ask here!
Nraco

Warpriest Blessings of the new domains

Postby Nraco » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:51 pm

Hi, a friend of mine is trying to play the Warpriest hybrid class and wanted to use a pony god for their duel wielding shield-mare. I have never played a warpriest before but according to them not many of the good domains are used for the gods, but sense there are extra domains, I was wondering what kind of blessings would things like discord and laughter bring?

David
Site Admin

Re: Warpriest Blessings of the new domains

Postby David » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:11 am

Subdomiains use their base domain for blessings unless they have blessings written up.

Nraco

Postby Nraco » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:29 pm

Oh, I did not know this! I think my friend will still complain since the domains are not all the ones they consider to be somewhere between super amazing or just broken but thanks!
Fairly new to the game so I hardly know much about the systems aha

Solitary Performance

Postby Solitary Performance » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:31 am

Super amazing and Broken (as in overpowered) aren't necessarily things you go into gods looking for, for domains and what they do for divine classes.
A war priest of the Moon Princess? At level one, depending on your domain choice, they can: provide an ally one minute of 20% concealment (Darkness), make a touch attack to learn about a monster (as if a knowledge check of 15 + warpriest level + wis Mod) (Knowledge), pull the air from the lungs of a target, preventing breath attacks and spell casting for a round, and potentially further staggering them for the same round (Void), give your weapon the Axiomatic property (hits chaotic monsters for +1d6 damage) for a minute (Loyalty [Law]), or add 1d4 fire damage for a minute to your weapon strikes (Smoke [Fire]). (Domain is in () after the ability, with the subdomain's main domain in [])

For a warpriest of Luna... er, of the Moon Princess, there is quite a lot of options, several of which are considered overall pluses, and just the base blessing power, and that's but one god. Sure, they're not all super powerful (oh, but consider that most bread-and-butter monsters are Chaotic, so that's regular bonus damage for a minute of combat), but depending on character concept, you have a lot of room to work with, for each god.

Return to “Rule Questions”