Unification Sorcerer Bloodline

Have Pathfinder or Ponyfinder rules questions, ask here!
Llisandur

Unification Sorcerer Bloodline

Postby Llisandur » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:11 pm

I have a few questions about the Unification bloodline for sorcerers. First of all, can other races take this bloodline, or is it only available for ponykind?

Second is a couple of issues with the 3rd level power, Awakened Ancestry. It says that, until you hit level 20, you can only use the powers for a number of rounds per day. How does that effect passive abilities such as the Tanned Hide option or the Hard Lines option? Additionally for Hard Lines, it says it gives you the Earth-Bound trait, which says it gives you the Endurance feat at level 1. Does it still give that feat since you get this ability at level 3, and does it only give that feat for a certain number of rounds or is it permanent?

My final set of questions concerns the bonus feats. It says one of them is Improved Horn Magic, which doesn't exist in the list of feats. Is this supposed to be Practiced Horn Magic? Also, assuming that it is, Dashing Flyer, Fight On and Practiced Horn Magic can all be taken after taking the appropriate ability from Awakened Ancestry. However, Lustrous Coat and Return to the Sea have specific pony races in their requirements in the feats section. Are these also supposed to be selectable after taking the appropriate ancestry?

David
Site Admin

Re: Unification Sorcerer Bloodline

Postby David » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:26 pm

Taking it as a not-pony implies you have pony blood in your family somewhere and all that implies.

The default is 1 minute/level if none other is specified.

Yes on the feat.

Taking the proper ancestry qualifies you. Enjoy your fancy racial feats!

Llisandur

Postby Llisandur » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:16 am

I've been looking over this ability again and your response to my earlier question. You said,
David wrote:The default is 1 minute/level if none other is specified.

but the book says "sorcerer level in rounds per day," and the Canines option specifically states "Measure time in minutes instead of rounds for allowable amount per day."

Should it instead be minutes per day with Canines being hours per day? This seems it would be a lot more useful, especially at lower levels.

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:40 am

I misremembered.

Return to “Rule Questions”