Some Hippogriff queries

Have Pathfinder or Ponyfinder rules questions, ask here!
VoidDrifter

Some Hippogriff queries

Postby VoidDrifter » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:42 pm

Just got my hardback copy of Griffons of Everglow - nice work, but you STILL haven't fixed that problem I pointed out in the .pdf copy, with the paragraph duplicated and in the wrong place, by the way - and I have to ask a few things.

Firstly, are Hippogriffs supposed to lack a Bite ability? They have the same body configuration as Griffons do, so it kind of makes sense that they can Bite (well, Peck really) like Griffons.

Secondly, more importantly, are Hippogriffs capable of taking Pony Clans (that is, forfeiting the Unique Destiny trait for some other racial trait, the way Ponies can)? Likewise, can Hippogriffs take Griffon aspects?

There's no mention on if they can or can't anywhere that I can find in the hardback.

Also, are Griffons supposed to count as ponies for the magical items that they can activate and for being targeted by spells?

David
Site Admin

Re: Some Hippogriff queries

Postby David » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:16 pm

Yes they can swap out bonus feat pony types.

Mystic_Knight

Postby Mystic_Knight » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:19 pm

Does that mean a hippogriff with the unicorn type has a horn, or one with the pegasus type has better fly speed/mobility?

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:37 pm

Those do not trade out bonus feat/unique destiny.

VoidDrifter

Postby VoidDrifter » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:43 pm

@MYsticKnight: Yeah, sorry if I was confusing: I use "Clan" to refer to Chaos Hunters, Clockworks, Doppelgangers, Gem Ponies, Anteans, Sun Ponies and Bone Ponies, who can be created by trading Unique Destiny. "Tribe" is my shorthand for Unicorn, Pegasus, Leatherwing, Sea Horse, Zebra and Short Leg, who require trading the Earthbound trait.

@David: So, does this mean that Hippogriffs cannot take any of the Griffon aspects?

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:48 pm

Nope.

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:48 pm

Mind you, you can change your description however you please. You just do not get any mechanical benefits.

Return to “Rule Questions”