Ponykind Favored Class - No Druid?

Have Pathfinder or Ponyfinder rules questions, ask here!
Navajo

Ponykind Favored Class - No Druid?

Postby Navajo » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:03 pm

Sorry if this is posted someplace, my search-fu skills seem to be lacking at the moment.

While taking a second look through the Campaign book, I noticed under the Ponykind Favored Class Options list on page 20 the 'Druid' class did not have a section. I was surprised after the great blurb on page 17 on why a Ponykind might become a Druid. This feels odd for a race that thrives with nature and the major elements.

The only thought on to explain this to a player who asks about this was: "Ponykind's seemingly incredible ability to rapidly change is in direct conflict with the natures steady but slow pace of change." Weak I know..

Anyone else have opinions on this?

Feel free to knock me about if I missed something in print or on the forums. :oops:

David
Site Admin

Re: Ponykind Favored Class - No Druid?

Postby David » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:10 pm

Not all races get a special FCB for every class, or even a lot of them. Ponies get a lot to choose from, but not all of them.

Steel_Prism

Postby Steel_Prism » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:06 pm

I did fine it odd they have nothing for clerics, but as David says not all races can have all of the and the ponies do already have a very long list. Also fluff wise just because they are one with nature more don't mean they will get extra skills.

Mystic_Knight

Postby Mystic_Knight » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:19 pm

There should have been individual Favored Class lists for each pony type. I don't think a Unicron pony would have the same list as a Pegasus or Earth ponies.
Last edited by Mystic_Knight on Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Steel_Prism

Postby Steel_Prism » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:05 pm

Saying that then you may as well done the same with the zebras, doppelgangers, leather wings or any of the other types of ponies and at that point it would have just been messy because at what point would you stop

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:48 am

The book would have gained pages of nothing but FCBs.

Alex12

Postby Alex12 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:58 pm

There's also the (relatively minor) issue of classes published after Ponyfinder was (hybrid and occult classes) and third-party classes (most notably Dreamscarred Press stuff) not having pony FCBs. I typically default to using the gnome FCBs for those classes, unless there's something obviously thematically appropriate, like occult kineticist Pegasi getting the dwarf FCB but changing earth to air.

Return to “Rule Questions”