Help with Ponyfinder extension for Hero Lab

Have Pathfinder or Ponyfinder rules questions, ask here!
SovereignHeart

Help with Ponyfinder extension for Hero Lab

Postby SovereignHeart » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:11 am

Hello! I purchased the Ponyfinder core book and Hero Lab extension quite awhile ago and am just now getting to use them for the first time. However, I'm having issues getting Hero Lab to recognize the Ponyfinder extension. I have the necessary files so all I should need is the Ponyfinder.user file; I have copied it to the C:ProgramDataHeroLabdataPathfinder directory, which is the one in use by Hero Lab on my system, but I do not see options anywhere in the Configure Hero dialogue (or elsewhere, such as in the list of available races) regarding Ponyfinder.

Can anyone help, or direct me an appropriate resource? Thanks! :D

Sincerely,
Sovereign Heart

David
Site Admin

Re: Help with Ponyfinder extension for Hero Lab

Postby David » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:28 am

If it's in the right directory, it shows up under 'user content'. Be sure you're using the latest version of the file(Feel free to grab it again from Drivethrurpg).

SovereignHeart

Postby SovereignHeart » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:14 am

Hmm. I did download the newest version from DrivethruRPG.

It may be something else with my Hero Lab install; I'm getting a timing error when compiling the Pathfinder module, regardless of whether I have the Ponyfinder file in place or not, and nothing shows up at all under User Content. I'll have to troubleshoot from that end. Just in case anypony is familiar with it, the error in question is:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors. The following errors occurred: Thing 'FlGoHoVa' - Bootstrap thing 'raPTNatArm' does not exist

SovereignHeart

Postby SovereignHeart » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:24 am

Got it. :P Derp Sovereign, you're in IT, you should know how to troubleshoot this.

I had two older user files I'd created for creatures and the old Mythic Playtest file in place that were apparently referencing an object that no longer exists. Removed them - bingo, I load without error and can see Ponyfinder in the User Content list.

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:25 am

Hizzah! Hope you enjoy it! We also have files for the newer books(forgotten gods, flights of honor, etc).

One for Tribe of Bones is in the works.

Jottun

Postby Jottun » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:39 pm

I bought the herolab extension through Paizo. Is that version up to date?

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:52 pm

Alas, not really. Send your receipt and email my way at dms.silver@gmail.com

Jottun

Postby Jottun » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:17 pm

Sent you an email. In the future, I take it that I should purchase your products from Drivethrurpg?

Return to “Rule Questions”