Limited race selection in the 5th edition Translation

Have Pathfinder or Ponyfinder rules questions, ask here!
LegendOfMoriad

Limited race selection in the 5th edition Translation

Postby LegendOfMoriad » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:52 am

I purchased the wonderful 5th edition Translation recently, and enjoy the material presented. I'd quibble over details, but I'm a DM, that's my job. :)

To the point, I noticed that certain race options presented in the original Ponyfinder Campaign Setting book are missing from the Translation: Antean, Chaos Hunter, Clockwork, Ghost Pony, Sun Cat, and Sun Pony. Is there a reason behind leaving these materials out, or was that unintended?

I'll admit, I'd love to see some of these races made available, for the selfish reason that I've been working on a character for the past....month (yes, it has turned into an obsession :crazy:). I would love to be able to test 5th edition with my gaming crew with a Sun Cat. Sadly, that isn't an option with the Translation as it stands. I'll just use my Purrsian.

Thoroughly enjoying every product I've bought so far. I think I've got all of them, so thanks for everything!

David
Site Admin

Re: Limited race selection in the 5th edition Translation

Postby David » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:11 am

I left out some of the more rare species(like anteans, clockworks, ghost and sun ponies), tis true. Sun cats was nothing but an oversight on my part, however, hrm. I'll have to see about adding them. You'll get an update from DTRPG if I do and it'd be a free upgrade.

LegendOfMoriad

Postby LegendOfMoriad » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:47 pm

Much appreciated. I can understand leaving out the rare species. The only reason I noticed was that I've been obsessing over Sun Cats recently. That lead me to looking into which races were actually missing.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Now to figure out what the hypothetical offspring of a Sun Cat and Purrsian would look like...

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:03 pm

Likely like one or the other, or a lion colored purrsian.

Return to “Rule Questions”