Of Cautious Flyers and HeroLab

Have Pathfinder or Ponyfinder rules questions, ask here!
TheCSpider

Of Cautious Flyers and HeroLab

Postby TheCSpider » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:42 am

I'm attempting to create an Aerial Barbarian in HeroLab and I've noticed a possible issue with how the Cautious Flyer trait is applied. The speed reduction seems to apply beyond the pegasai's starting speed onto additions from feats (Dashing Flyer), and then in an odd manner. Also, the class ability Swift Flyer doesn't seem to get applied.

For instance, my level 1 Aerial Barbarian has the trait plus one instance of Dashing Flyer. HeroLab is reporting his speed at Flight (30ft, Average) with the trait and Flight (40 ft, Poor) without. Where as a Level 15 version of the same character with an additional instance of Dashing Flyer, plus taking the Speed favored class bonus 10 times, HeroLab reports his speed as Flight (35ft, Good) with the trait and Flight (50ft, Average) without.

My expectation would be that the level 1 with the trait (reducing his initial speed to 20ft and up to Poor), Dashing Flyer (+10 ft and one mauneverability class), and Swift Flyer (+10 ft) would have a speed of Flight (40ft, Average). Where as the level 15, with his additional instance of Dashing Flyer and the 10 favored class bonuses would have a speed of Flight (60ft, Good).

Is HeroLab wrong or am I missing something?

David
Site Admin

Re: Of Cautious Flyers and HeroLab

Postby David » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:56 am

Cautious flyer says 5 per 15,which means you will always be 33% slower than someone without it.

TheCSpider

Postby TheCSpider » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:10 am

Wow, my mistake then, and not worth it for the character then. Should the bonus from Swift Flyer be similarly reduced? And thanks for the swift reply!

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:24 am

Is it not?

TheCSpider

Postby TheCSpider » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:28 am

Well it looks like swift flyer isn't being added in to the speed at all.

Return to “Rule Questions”