Unicorns and grapples

Have Pathfinder or Ponyfinder rules questions, ask here!
Dragonflame

Unicorns and grapples

Postby Dragonflame » Thu May 29, 2014 12:11 pm

I've been wondering about this. Unicorns get feats that let them use their horn magic to wield weapons, but can it also be used directly against creatures? Like in a grapple or pin, or even just to pick up a creature and move it or carry it?

Also, do fingerless creatures get the "no hands free" penalty when grappling, since they can use their mouth as a "hand"?

David
Site Admin

Re: Unicorns and grapples

Postby David » Thu May 29, 2014 12:28 pm

A fingerless creature is very likely using their mouth as part of the grapple if they want full and proper leverage and gripping capacity, so I'd vote to stick to the rules on that one.

As for the unicorn, they are mental hands that work as well as a human's, so yes, they could grapple someone with it, and will provoke if they don't have improved grapple while trying to do so, just like a human would. They could pick someone up, but unless they're helpless or willing, it follows the grappling rules, again, just like a human.

Ultimately, the goal is to keep things rolling with the same rules as they have been. If you have to make up new rules, we've done something wrong.

Hope this helps! :)

Dragonflame

Re: Unicorns and grapples

Postby Dragonflame » Thu May 29, 2014 12:39 pm

It does help :) Thanks! I thought those might be the case but I just wanted to double check.

Return to “Rule Questions”