Some rules clarifications and Hero Lab-related questions

Have Pathfinder or Ponyfinder rules questions, ask here!
megatarget

Some rules clarifications and Hero Lab-related questions

Postby megatarget » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:00 am

As I am working on coding Ponyfinder into Hero Lab, I realize I need to ask some specific questions ... to start with about some racial traits and the Unification bloodline.

1. Does the Earth-Bound racial trait for earth ponies and others include Endurance? Or is the Endurance bonus feat simply an additional feat not tied to the racial trait?

2. Does the racial abilities gained by the Unification sorcerer bloodline power Awakened Ancestry enable a pony to take associated feats tied to those abilities, even before said abilities become permanent? If so, do the associated feats also become, essentially, temporary as they are tied to the activation of the ability pre-level 20?

3. For ease of coding, would it be wrong to code each pony sub-race as a separate clearly labelled race in Hero Lab or would the consensus be to code it exactly as writ (alternate racial traits)?

David
Site Admin

Re: Some rules clarifications and Hero Lab-related questions

Postby David » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:13 am

1. Yes, it is included.
2. Yes. Like any feat you qualify for part of the time, the feat does not work while you don't qualify for it.
3. If you can get it to work with alternate racial traits, that would be amazing. Getting it to work at all is more than sufficient however.

megatarget

Postby megatarget » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:02 am

Excellent, thanks for the answers! Undoubtedly there will be more ... Hero Lab can be a finnicky beast, but it's progressing well. One other question for the moment:
- There is at least one feat that has a prerequisite: Brand of Destiny. I am guessing this refers to the Unique Destiny racial trait. If this is correct, does that mean any pony subtype that looses that bonus feat doesn't qualify for feats with Brand of Destiny as a prerequisite?

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:23 am

Actually, it means any ponykind that has not removed their brand. Pony variants that trade away their bonus feat usually have a brand still, but their personal destinies are overshadowed by the purpose of their race.

megatarget

Postby megatarget » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:28 am

Understood, thanks!

Gomegadon

Postby Gomegadon » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:24 pm

I was fiddling around in Hero Lab with the ponyfinder stuff, thanks for making that by the way!

well anyways, I made a quick gunslinger unicorn, with practiced horn magic, I'm admittedly still a bit new to ranged combat but it seems to be adding int and dex mods in this case to the strike, is that correct?
I know dex is the usual stat for ranged, just thought I'd ask in case this is some hero lab error.

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:33 pm

That would definitely be an error. Strength does not add to gun damage, so int shouldn't either.

Gomegadon

Postby Gomegadon » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:50 pm

I found something else that might be a small error, I made up a Unification sorc, who worships kara, and I noticed it is reporting a prerequisite error about pegasus blessing, does unification bypass that requirement? or would you still need to worship her? or is hero lab just being finicky?

also this specific character is level 5 so they don't have it on their spell list even yet.

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:06 pm

It's a god limited spell. Pegasus Blessing is for Princess Luminace devotees only.

Sun Dial

Postby Sun Dial » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:10 pm

Found another error. Our Pheonix Wolf can't take strong Jaw. I take it that is an error?

Return to “Rule Questions”