Doppleganger question - Qualifying for Practiced Horn Magic

Have Pathfinder or Ponyfinder rules questions, ask here!
Zarius

Doppleganger question - Qualifying for Practiced Horn Magic

Postby Zarius » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:46 pm

So, before I hear the lecture, yeah, I know it's not "in the spirit of the thing", but... I'm looking at the book, reading the prerequisites for Practiced Horn Magic, and it requires "Ponykind, able to cast Unseen Servant as an SLA." I'm not actually seeing the question anywhere in the forums, but... does this mean that a rogue (pegasus) doppleganger that takes the Major Magical Talent for Unseen Servant qualifies?

I mean, if I look slightly to the right on the same page, Smooth Rise expressly requires you to be a Sea Horse, and Sensitive Ears, Sonar, and Sound Sight all require Leatherwing. So, as far as intention goes, this SEEMS to be an intentional omission, but was there an errata or something that corrects/changes/updates this?

David
Site Admin

Re: Doppleganger question - Qualifying for Practiced Horn Magic

Postby David » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:50 pm

Technically, you'd be alright, but remember that you should never have more than two hands working at any one time, so no full attacking with two weapons in mental hands and one in your mouth and another in your harness in a full attack of doooooooom.

Zarius

Postby Zarius » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:47 pm

I realize this. The question wasn't actually for multiple weapons (my GM ruled that a Cestus can be strapped to the hooves, like humans strap them to their hands, so I'm already rocking two pairs of special metal weapons), but rather for the purposes of mimicry. As the book points out, it's really strange for a unicorn not to have ANY magic at all. But I wasn't gonna waste two Rogue Talents to not get the benefits of the feats.

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:56 pm

A unicorn that only does little things isn't that unusual. Many of them never get many levels to spend on lots of feats.

Zarius

Postby Zarius » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:05 pm

Yes, but a unicorn that can't even cast Unseen Servant or Light, which are racial perks for them, is EXTREMELY unusual, to my reckoning. But I wasn't going to waste what amounts to two feats on taking the SLAs if I couldn't take the actual feats due to an errata :P

Return to “Rule Questions”