Hybrid Blood Hybridization question.

Have Pathfinder or Ponyfinder rules questions, ask here!
TheStratovarian

Hybrid Blood Hybridization question.

Postby TheStratovarian » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:34 am

Can you explain a bit the difference between bodied and blooded?

I would guess, that body is what you use for if its their primary hybrid choice? While blooded is their other half? Or do I take both in consideration as a choice?

So if i had an Aboleth Pegasi hybrid,

I'd take the pegasi one, but the aboleth blooded for the ratio of ruling?

David
Site Admin

Re: Hybrid Blood Hybridization question.

Postby David » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:34 pm

Neither works the way you think it does. They're just two halves of what makes a thing, a thing. I tried to err towards physical outward things being 'bodied' and more subtle magicy things being 'blooded', but it has no mechanical meaning at all. It could be 'Aboleth's Cookie' and mean the same thing.

TheStratovarian

Postby TheStratovarian » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:21 am

So its more then, you have the 2 picks of racial picks from the suite in the ruling?

I'm trying to get an idea of how to do such right, so it can be mastered in that aspect.

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:46 am

Some races even only have one pick. You pick any two physical qualities and one upbringing, mix gently, cook at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, and your new abomination is ready!

Any two. They could be two blooded, for instance, and that's fine. Any two.

Mystic_Knight

Postby Mystic_Knight » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:45 pm

Blooded is more like a bloodline thing where your blood has the taint of another race. Like with sorcerers use that as what powers their ability to use magic. A dragon-blooded human would look like a human but may have some small draconic traits like eyes, some scaly patches, or even vivid colored hair representing the dragons color.

Shachza

Postby Shachza » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:43 pm

Okay, since the forum ate my first 2 hours of research because of the auto-logout background function, here's a dirty, angry Word document copy-paste.

1: Is there supposed to be a satyr rules entry in Hybrid Blood? Page 33 references "included rules for being a pony satyr" and page 16 references the satyr trait Blend of Views under the Beast Satyr's entry for the trait Blendless, but there's no base satyr rules in the book, as far as I've found. Otherwise, the only place for satyr rules is the Pantheon book, despite these two references.

2: When Equine Blooded references "physical tribes" under Physical Tribe, does it mean just Main Tribes (earth-bound, unicorns, and pegasi), just Physical Tribes (ghost, leatherwing, sea horse, short leg, sun, and zebra ponies), or both Main and Physical Tribes?

2a: Is the decision for a "physical tribe" optional? If it isn't, then earth-bound hybrids are impossible, despite the current rules using them as a base. If it is optional, but excludes Main Tribes, then only unicorns and pegasi are excluded from this trait for some reason.

2b: examples (I assume Ponykind Destined works similarly):
-Equine Blooded with Earth-bound, assuming it's possible, would get bonuses to Con and Wis, and negatives to Dex?
-Equine Blooded with Unicorn, assuming it's possible, would get bonuses to any two of Con, Wis, and Int, and negatives to Dex?
-Equine Blooded with Ghost Pony would get bonuses to any two of Con, Wis, and Dex, and negatives to either Dex or Con?
And so on...

2c: Is Equine Blooded meant to grant any access to either Unique Destiny (bonus starting feat) or Hardy (earth-bound secondary trait for spell/poison resistance)?

3: Is Ponykind Destined's trait Unique Destiny meant to access the Unique Destiny pony trait, granting a bonus feat, or is it, as written, meant to access the tribes of Antean, Chaos Hunters, Clockworks, Doppelgangers, Gem Ponies, and Tribe of Bones?

3a: As with 2a, is the choice of spiritual tribe optional? Because making it mandatory negates the possibility of "base pony" hybrids.

3b: Is Ponykind Destined meant to grant any access to either Unique Destiny (bonus starting feat) or Hardy (earth-bound secondary trait)?

4: If the only way to access unicorn and pegasi hybrids is through the satyr rules, then how do we access secondary traits like Cloud Walker, if at all? Currently (at least by the Pantheon book .pdf that I have), satyrs can access Spiritual Tribe traits, but not traits from Main or Physical tribes.
When dragons in our hearts do fly, is it not right that we should also?

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:03 pm

1. If you cross a pony with a human, you get a satyr. Go ahead and cross them with other things if you like!
2. 'Main Tribes' has no mechanical meaning. Earth-Bound, Unicorn, and pegasus are all physical tribes, just like the others your listed.
2a. Be an earth-bound, that's a valid choice. See above about what counts as a physical tribe.
2b. Sounds right.
2c. I think you may not be using an up to date core book? Hardy is given by choosing earth-bound. Be sure you're working off the unified core book.
3. Depends. As per the updated unified book, it can give a feat OR be access to one of those other tribes. Pick one.
3a. You can go ahead and just enjoy the feat if you like. I promise not to be mad.
3b: Hardy is gained by taking the earth-bound physical tribe and thus has nothing to do with your destiny.
4. 'Unless you also have the physical tribe quality' answers this, I think? If you take bodied, you get all the perks. If you don't, you can only half-ass it.

Return to “Rule Questions”