Where to Start

Get help with running Ponyfinder or Pathfinder games.
Lavvy

Where to Start

Postby Lavvy » Mon May 23, 2016 12:37 am

Hello!~
Friend and I are looking into RPG's to start with. We are both very inexperienced in it all but are eager to learn. I was wondering if someone could help with some advice on how to start with PonyFinder?
We are both interested in the style of game with all the various races and lore but are not sure which books to get right off at the start. I know RPG Drive Thru has all the books and there is one for Campaign settings but I am not sure if that alone is good to start with. Would we need a race book as well or one about classes?

Steel_Prism

Re: Where to Start

Postby Steel_Prism » Mon May 23, 2016 10:45 am

Hello and welcome to the forums

For new starters the basics you need is the Pathfinder Core rule book and the Ponyfinder Campaign settings.

Those two books will let you play with the basics and get started. From there you can build up your collection based on what you want to do or play with.

TheStratovarian

Re: Where to Start

Postby TheStratovarian » Mon May 23, 2016 11:55 am

If you wanted a few quest missions, there is a couple intro ponyfinder modules you can get from the silver games site over at drivethrurpg.

If you wanted more race books, there are the individual ones there too beyond just the major three tribes, and covers most all the races pretty much in one fell swoop that are not in the core ponyfinder book. Ruminants (Deer-kin) are in "Forgotten Past". Griffons get an expanded book in the "Griffons of Everglow". Steel hearts get a mini-book in the "Grown from Steel" book. The mini-dragons (Luminious Dragons) are in the "Princess Luminance's Guide to the Pony Pantheon". (And it covers quite a bit of the divine too.) The big race book is "Tribes of Everglow" and covers quite a few of the mini race books into one big convention.

I can't say much on the story modules, as I don't have them, but do have the race ones. So can readily answer on those books to help out there.

You can find the silver games site over at http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/ ... -Games-LLC for what interests in the above.

Return to “Stablemastery”