Alternate Timelines?

Get help with running Ponyfinder or Pathfinder games.
ryanwraith1

Alternate Timelines?

Postby ryanwraith1 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:21 pm

This has always been a fun idea for me. Even prior to GMing Ponyfinder I find myself compelled to show the players what would happen if they failed this task, just to show how important their mission is.

So, my question to other GMs (and players), how do you think Everglow would differ if major (or miner) happenings didn't happen, or turned out differently?

What if the Drakeshooves took the throne for themselves?

What if Kara was more hostile in her endeavors?

What If the Imperials failed to create the Empire?

These are all great alternate timeline starting points.

What are some of yours?
"The minds of gods are not for ponies to know or to judge. Accept that Sheila has a place for all of us in her grand plan, and be happy in the part you have to play."

Steel_Prism

Re: Alternate Timelines?

Postby Steel_Prism » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:58 am

Well I'm not played with history that much in my campaign as its set after the empire has fallen so what ever I don't really change much. I will say though the Island with Mae-Maw's Reach is a ball of fire because players didn't stop something and if they hid away from world events too much, whats left of Viljatown will be wiped out by Humans

Sun Dial

Postby Sun Dial » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:53 am

Heh, I've been running a campaign that will determine the fate of the Pantheon... XD. So I've got quite the alternate world for you.

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:00 am

There are a few alternate timelines officially supported. The Short Legs, for instance. Are they alive, dead, enslaved? They're in a quantum state until your specific game decides. You could save them from being captured at all, if you set it at the right time. This also has a huge impact on Lashtada's presence in the world.

Steel_Prism

Postby Steel_Prism » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:16 am

The best thing about large settings like this is as a GM you can take a very small idea and run with it and you are only limited by your ideas in the long run.

So there will always be what ifs or maybes even when players go through a game they will face choices that could shape their world and game they play in

gaminglord99

Postby gaminglord99 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:36 pm

damn now i want a Kingmaker game set at the Pre unification times

we must save the hobbits er short legs :adventure: !
Last edited by gaminglord99 on Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:41 pm

Can you make an empire to rival Iliana's? Will you fall into the same pitfalls she faced?

gaminglord99

Postby gaminglord99 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:40 am

David wrote:Can you make an empire to rival Iliana's? Will you fall into the same pitfalls she faced?

thats what makes it fun

can we? one way to find out

Steel_Prism

Postby Steel_Prism » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:03 am

Normally all it takes in one pony to stand up and lead the ponies into a new golden age, you just need a new iconic pony that ponies will follow just like they did the Queen.

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:18 pm

It would take a sneaky GM to throw the same sort of obstacles in your way as Iliana faced without you noticing.

Mmm

Return to “Stablemastery”