Help With a Fallout: Equestria Setting

Get help with running Ponyfinder or Pathfinder games.
The MAJR

Help With a Fallout: Equestria Setting

Postby The MAJR » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:17 pm

I've considered doing a game in the setting of the highly beloved Fallout: Equestria story (for those unaware of the fiction, a link for you: http://www.fimfiction.net/story/119190/ ... -equestria). The basic premise for the unaware is a huge war between Ponykind and the Zebra nation throws the world into a post-apocalyptic nightmare. Definetly a good read (but NOT for the faint of heart).

My only problem is the Ponyfinder is a high fantasy setting while a F:E is a sifi/fantasy hybrid. I've considered getting a Cyberpunk or Shadowrun book for ideas (like the cyber enhancements) but does anyone else know of some material (either an official or online source) that could help in this endevor?

David
Site Admin

Re: Help With a Fallout: Equestria Setting

Postby David » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:06 pm

Paizo is coming out with rules that will help with the Iron God stuff, starting with the smattering of content in their new book, People of the River, which actually has rules for a nanite blooded sorcerer, I swear to the Sun Queen.

Jynnx

Re: Help With a Fallout: Equestria Setting

Postby Jynnx » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:59 pm

If you have access to the books or can find the PDF's available, check out the Hero's Guide from the Revised Star Wars d20. There is an entire section devoted to cybernetics. Another good source for cybernetics is RIFTS, a fantasy/science fiction RPG by Palladium books, as long as you don't mind converting the material - which can sometimes take a great deal of guesswork, as well as trial and error.

Of course, the easiest way to work around this issue is absolutely free (no need to buy additional books) and legal (no need to download pirated PDF's). You don't need to have separate rules covering technology. Just reskin what you already have available to you. Decide that the alchemist class is more a practitioner of "weird science," and you have yourself a mad scientist type. Explain your wizard's powers as access to advanced technology - and the time and resources necessary to continue tinkering with that tech - and you have an engineer instead of an arcanist; who says scorching ray can't just be a laser rifle?

Of course, Paizo does have a fair number of resources available that do explicitly detail advanced tech. Any guides to Numeria cover some of this information, and a limited amount of it can be found in the Inner Sea World Guide. They just released the Technology Guide, as well.
Let me sleep through this time of pain,
And grant me innocent dreams.
Rouse me during the first summer rain,
When all the world's at peace, it seems.

-----

I has a Skype! :3

It is jynnxie-chan

Return to “Stablemastery”