So what do we know about Everglow [Meta]

Get help with running Ponyfinder or Pathfinder games.
Changing Pony

Re: So what do we know about Everglow [Meta]

Postby Changing Pony » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:02 pm

Ok, so you're saying they are elemental Fey? Kind of a variant 'First World' aligned more along elemental lines than the 'prototype of the Prime Material' we get for Golarion? That opens up all kinds of possibilities :)

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:20 pm

Whole new meaning to First World problems.

Changing Pony

Postby Changing Pony » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:14 pm

David wrote:Whole new meaning to First World problems.

Indeed!

Sun Dial

Postby Sun Dial » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 pm

David wrote:The ponies themselves are elemental creatures. Most of their tribes are embodiments of some force or another, which shaped them from their basic 'proto' pony selves into the tribes we all recognize. Air, Negative energy, Darkness, Earth, Water, even nebulous energies as pure force have a representative. We're just missing a fire tribe, but maybe they got stomped during the forming of the empire, we may never know, or will we...

May you forever be gelded for a tease like that! :angry: And not even an ounce more of info... considering two Sun gods and the desert Sun ponies.... :O You horrible Stallion

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:45 am

Or maybe you already have the answer and I prefer my fine ponies discover for themselves!

Sun Dial

Postby Sun Dial » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:19 am

First War eh? That suggests the Tribe that got overrun, thought they were undead ponies... the Atleans, which I don't think they are... the ghost ponies? Not a chance... hmmmm... I think I'm missing something, maybe I should look into Sun Ponies back history a bit more in the book.

Where does the naming choice for the Atleans come from anyway? Is it an Atlas reference?

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:23 am

I don't recall an Atlean. Do you mean Antean? That's a word: http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/ ... ekey=32277

Sun Dial

Postby Sun Dial » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:57 pm

David wrote:The ponies themselves are elemental creatures. Most of their tribes are embodiments of some force or another, which shaped them from their basic 'proto' pony selves into the tribes we all recognize. Air, Negative energy, Darkness, Earth, Water, even nebulous energies as pure force have a representative. We're just missing a fire tribe, but maybe they got stomped during the forming of the empire, we may never know, or will we...

So as far the species go.

Air -> Pegasi
Earth -> Earth Ponies
Water -> Sea Ponies
Darkness ->LeatherWings?
Zebra -> Negative Energy?
Unicorns -> Pure Force?

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:59 am

The tribe of bones were aligned with the forces of death and undeath, making them negative energy aligned.

Unicorns are force, with the innate ability to weave it with their horn without any training, and the ability to become quite skilled with it if they choose.

Technically the Sun/Desert tribe could be said to be fire, what with being fire resistant and all.

If you go in for Asian aesthetics, then you can put clockwork under metal.

This may be reaching, but I could put gem ponies under light, being the beacons that they are.

Sun Dial

Postby Sun Dial » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:09 pm

That awkward moment that you have Leather Wing Gem Ponies... The Twilight Ponies, both part Light and Dark. Perfect Embodiments.

It is an interesting concept, being that Gem Ponies, Clockworks and Sun Ponies have their own embodiment when they are sub-types in many ways to the others. You can have a Sun Pegasi, or Gem Unicorn, which would put their embodiment's as duel types for everything.

So would their dominant traits be the only Elemental they embody, or is their no such thing as a true fire pony embodiment since Earth/Sun Ponies would be Fire and Earth.

Return to “Stablemastery”