Pony Cavaliers, and Shields.

Get help with running Ponyfinder or Pathfinder games.
Mystic_Knight

Re: Pony Cavaliers, and Shields.

Postby Mystic_Knight » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:16 pm

I'd have the shield strapped to the shoulder on one side and the lance/spear/ect strapped to the other, or held in the mouth if its a one handed weapon.

EquestrianScholar

Postby EquestrianScholar » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:14 am

I have for my game a somewhat edited Cavalier archetype from a 3rd party source for the quadruped races, which while not as helpful for ponies wielding shield does cover the question involving mounts:
---------------------------

Class Skills: The new cavaliers remove Handle Animal and Ride from their list of class skills.
Swift (Ex): A cavalier’s base land speed is increased by 10 feet. Additionally, the cavalier may add Endurance, Fleet, and Run to the list of bonus feats available to him at 6th level.
This ability replaces mount.
Great Charge (Ex): At 3rd level, a cavalier learns to make more accurate charge attacks. The cavalier receives a +4 bonus on melee attack rolls made as part of a charge. In addition, a cavalier does not suffer a penalty to his Armor Class after making a charge, and is always considered to be mounted when charging with a lance.
This ability replaces cavalier’s charge.
Spring Attack (Ex): At 4th level, a cavalier gains Spring Attack as a bonus feat, even if he does not have the normal prerequisites. If the cavalier already possesses this feat, he may select any combat feat for which he qualifies instead.
This ability replaces expert handler.
Improved Great Charge (Ex): At 11th level, a cavalier learns to make devastating charge attacks. The threat range of any weapon wielded during a charge is doubled. This increase does not stack with other effects that increase the threat range of the weapon. In addition, the cavalier can make a free bull rush, disarm, sunder, or trip combat maneuver if his charge attack is successful. This free combat maneuver does not provoke an attack of opportunity.
This ability replaces mighty charge.
Last edited by EquestrianScholar on Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:50 am

Zap.

EquestrianScholar

Postby EquestrianScholar » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:59 am

David wrote:Zap.

Thanks David, I appreciate you fixing my mistake. :)

What do you think of the above revision when it comes to the Cavalier?

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:24 pm

At a glance, could work. I admit to not playing a lot of cavaliers.

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:24 pm

I'm not sure I understand the question. Shields give a shield bonus and armor an armor bonus. They should stack without issue.

Irockman1

Pony Cavaliers and Shields

Postby Irockman1 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:35 am

A german supplier for boarding shields?
PRAISE TO THE ALLFATHER ON HIS GOLDEN THRONE, WATCHING OVER VALHALL AND ALL OF CREATION

I Need some... ASAP

Return to “Stablemastery”