New GM, Considering Hosting A Game

Introduce yourself and/or your pony character(s)
Steel_Prism

Re: New GM, Considering Hosting A Game

Postby Steel_Prism » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:46 am

Hello Note-Worthy

Sadly don't have any spaces in my games but what I can do is give you some time if you want help with the rules or have questions on the rules or anything on running a game.

Give you an idea I am running 4 games with the longest one going for 2 years. So happy to help new GMs when I can.

Note-Worthy

Postby Note-Worthy » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:58 pm

Steel_Prism wrote:Hello Note-Worthy

Sadly don't have any spaces in my games but what I can do is give you some time if you want help with the rules or have questions on the rules or anything on running a game.

Give you an idea I am running 4 games with the longest one going for 2 years. So happy to help new GMs when I can.

I ended up buying one of the pre-written campaigns. My biggest issue is a lack of knowledge of the system (I've barely scratched the surface) and not having the first clue how to get started creating a character sheet/understanding how to create character sheets.

Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated!

Llisandur

Postby Llisandur » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:18 pm

Take a look at PCGen (mostly free) or Herolab (paid) if you want a program to help you generate characters. Otherwise, like Steel Prism said, I'd be willing to help you learn the system. I'm not that great at GMing yet, but I do have quite a bit of experience with the system. Also, take a look at the Beginner Box. It explains all of the basics in a really player and GM friendly way.

I'd also be interested in playing a game with a new group if it's at the right times.

Note-Worthy

Postby Note-Worthy » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:51 pm

Llisandur wrote:Take a look at PCGen (mostly free) or Herolab (paid) if you want a program to help you generate characters. Otherwise, like Steel Prism said, I'd be willing to help you learn the system. I'm not that great at GMing yet, but I do have quite a bit of experience with the system. Also, take a look at the Beginner Box. It explains all of the basics in a really player and GM friendly way.

I'd also be interested in playing a game with a new group if it's at the right times.

I have PCGen but don't have the first clue how to use it (the interface is a little perplexing, almost has too many options to tinker around with). I have a feeling that I'm going to end up needing to get some tutelage or spend some more money to wrap my head around this.

Llisandur

Postby Llisandur » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:09 pm

I know how to use PCGen very well. You can find me on Skype or Discord with the same name if you want some help with it.

Steel_Prism

Postby Steel_Prism » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:32 pm

Can't say i use that programe. Normaly use herolabs if want to cheat or build something fast.

If you have any question at all then just add me on skype at mattman375

Return to “Introductions”