New GM, Considering Hosting A Game

Introduce yourself and/or your pony character(s)
Note-Worthy

New GM, Considering Hosting A Game

Postby Note-Worthy » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:44 pm

Hello, everybody. I'm Note Worthy. I had heard about this game a while back and was looking to get into a system different than the Fallout Equestria PnP(s) that I've been running/involved in for the last three years. I haven't had any experience with the system so as much as I'd like to jump head first into a new campaign, I don't have enough knowledge to comfortably do so with any level of player. I would like to know, outside of participating in an ongoing campaign, how I would get experience by which I could learn how the system works and then be better equipped to run a campaign.

I hope that I can get some help, because I'm excited at how this system looks and appears to function in my mind--but I would need to see it first hand to know what I'm getting into.

David
Site Admin

Re: New GM, Considering Hosting A Game

Postby David » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:59 pm

Just to get the info out there, 5e or PF?

Note-Worthy

Postby Note-Worthy » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:49 pm

It was going to be PF. I bought the books at your table at BronyCon :)

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:38 pm

Welcome! Did we get to meet personally or was I running around wildly?

Note-Worthy

Postby Note-Worthy » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:48 pm

We got to meet, actually! It was a pleasure to meet you at the convention. Are you going to be at Nightmare Nights and/or Ponyville Ciderfest?

My biggest hurdle would be to learn how the system itself works. I am a decent storyteller and as long as I do not overly complicate the story or try to railroad (bleugh! :sick: ) the party, I consider myself a half-decent GM.

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:55 pm

Tweeted, and I'll be at Nightmare Nights. See you there!

WebWeaver

Postby WebWeaver » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:05 pm

Hello, I am not a member of this forum but I could not risk losing a chance to properly express interest in being part of a game of ponyfinder. I am a table-top roleplayer who has experience playing pathfinder and dungeon and dragons along with other systems and settings. I love my little pony and happilly backed the kickstarter to create 5th edition rules. Please consider me for your party if you are hoping to run the game through an online table top. I can be contacted at botchbrother@gmail.com if you would like to go back and forth on character concepts or just to chat.

Llisandur

Postby Llisandur » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:15 pm

If you'd really just like to play to learn the system, I'm running modules with a group on Sundays if you'd be interested in joining. We just started with the Beginner Box this week. We have three other players and myself currently.

Note-Worthy

Postby Note-Worthy » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:52 pm

Llisandur wrote:If you'd really just like to play to learn the system, I'm running modules with a group on Sundays if you'd be interested in joining. We just started with the Beginner Box this week. We have three other players and myself currently.

Llisandur, thanks much for the offer: :fcry: sadly, I'm currently involved in an RiM game on Sundays. Appreciate it, though! :-)

IcanConfuse

Postby IcanConfuse » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:51 pm

Hiya Note-Worthy!
I'm always interested in new campaigns, I'm not sure if I'd be able to fit you in with my others that I participate in though. What time and method do you have in mind for the game, if not for myself then for others that may wish to join.

Return to “Introductions”