Greetings.

Introduce yourself and/or your pony character(s)
Necrose

Greetings.

Postby Necrose » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:28 pm

I'm Necrose. Been playing tabletop RPGs since I was a sophomore in high school, so about ten years now. Had a lot of fun with it as your more common races, your humans, elves, dwarves and whatnot, and classes, Fighter, Bard, Paladin, whatever, but here recently, I've been looking for more unusual races and classes to play, because in ten years, I've played a few dozen campaigns and come to like some races and classes and I have builds I do come back to, but I still want more to work with. I think that's what brought me to Pathfinder, that that setting and rule system has classes Dungeons and Dragons doesn't have, and they have things for classes that are common between the two systems that allow you greater control over the creation and building of your character, which in turn allows you to better build the character you had in mind and have them fill the role you wantd them to. Another thing I like about Pathfinder is the third party content. There's some good things in various resources that were made to comply with Pathfinder rules.

I don't have a character in mind yet, though. I have several concepts in mind, but no one is sticking out in my mind as the class and role I want to play. I will be an earth pony, though. That much I know, that the first Ponyfinder character I create will be an earth pony.

Anyway, as you might imagine, or not, in ten years of gaming, I have come to learn a bit about DMing, adventure planning, campaign storyline, character leveling, things like that. I could help with those things, but I much prefer to be part of the adventuring group. I do, however, get ideas from time to time about stuff, and won't be shy about presenting them to the DM.

Also, I have a lot of D&D source books, like several of the Complete line of books (Adventurer, Mage, and Warrior right off the top of my head), Book of Exalted Deeds, and Epic Level Handbook, so if you are planning to be a DM and do read this and I do play your game, consider this your notification that I will be asking to use content from a lot of different sources. And since I do have the Epic Level Handbook, yes, I am interested in playing characters and campaigns above 20th level. I've even gone so far as to figure modifiers for ability scores up to 100, bonus spells per level up to ability score 95 but know what ability scores up to 100 would afford a spellcaster, and epic attack and save bonuses and ability score increases up to character level 80, though by that point the pattern is easy to remember if a character were to reach such a high level. About the only thing I haven't figured out is epic spell slots beyond what was printed in the book.

And as far as campaigns go, I only refuse to play evil campaigns. I can do anti-heroes just fine, but I will not play campaigns where the party is actively doing evil deeds. Anything else is fine by me. Well, almost anything. If I have a problem with part of a proposed campaign, I will say so and more than likely not play it.

David
Site Admin

Re: Greetings.

Postby David » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:50 pm

Welcome to the herd, hay bale is over there, dances are at 6pm sharp.

Groob

Postby Groob » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:06 pm

Dances! But I have four left hoofs... :(

tiwake

Postby tiwake » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:19 pm

Groob wrote:Dances! But I have four left hoofs... :(

Just take a couple of those hooves and flip them over in the 4th diminsion so you get two right hooves
Unofficial IRC chat channel for PonyFinder (irc.canternet.org #ponyfinder) http://derpy.me/do4nk

Return to “Introductions”