Helloooo!!

Introduce yourself and/or your pony character(s)
Elric Leaftail

Helloooo!!

Postby Elric Leaftail » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:30 pm

Hey there everyone! After over a decade of studying D&D books (without really playing it,) I've taken a special interest in non-humanoid characters, and fantastic creatures in general. In particular, my fascination with griffons is what lead me to this series of RPG supplements, and I immediately loved it.

While it seems a bit on the quiet side, this community is looking rather pleasant as well!

David
Site Admin

Re: Helloooo!!

Postby David » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:55 pm

Welcome to the herd (or wing for you griffon types). How'd you find us, if you mind the asking?

Elric Leaftail

Postby Elric Leaftail » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:21 pm

Not at all!

You mean the forums? Well, after buying a few books, I became intrigued enough in the setting to seek out a community that would form behind such a popular product line. Searched "Ponyfinder forums," and here I am!

If you mean how I found the books themselves, I'll say that I've been keeping tabs of new releases on DriveThruRPG for a long time now (I've cut back on that since the sudden flood of stock art being sold there.) The Ponyfinder Campaign Setting book sat on my wishlist for a long time (I even got a few digital coupons while I was waiting,) but couldn't bring myself to shell out that much money on a product I would probably only look at once, then consign to my library.

Eventually, I noticed "Griffons of Everglow." Though I hesitated, I ultimately gave in to the promise of a book exploring the culture of griffons. Playable griffons. I was so impressed by the quantity and quality of the content, that I quickly sprang for the core book as well as the other races' books.

tl;dr: Google and/or DriveThruRPG.

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:34 pm

Thanks for the story. I've sent out a few coupons, trying to lure people like yourself over the years. I'm glad you had a good time with Griffons of Everglow! That was a challenging one to get out of the gate and into people's waiting talons.

Steel_Prism

Postby Steel_Prism » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:29 am

Hello and welcome hope you enjoy your time here and feel free to ask anything or jump in with other threads.

Return to “Introductions”