Lali ho!

Introduce yourself and/or your pony character(s)
Xinef

Lali ho!

Postby Xinef » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:18 pm

Yo, it'sa me! Xinef!

So... I'm a guy from Poland, who played tabletop RPGs for maybe a dozen years, GMing roughly half the time. As far as pony RPGs go, I played some Roleplaying is Magic 3rd ed, but I'm seriously considering playing some Ponyfinder too, considering I quite enjoy Pathfinder's character generation rules. It's a sort of puzzle, where you have to try hard to take an idea for a character, and find just the right rules to make exactly the character you want. Tweak a rule here, add a third party stuff there, and your kung-fu dwarf who can shape shift into dragons comes to life. And then he shape shifts into a mouse to infiltrate some secret cult of the Moon goddess... to kick some flank with his shaolin moves. Still as a mouse.

Ekhem... what I mean is... even if such things are possible in other systems (said RiM), they are based more on freeform skills, and loose interpretation of generic rules. In Pathfinder, it's a complex puzzle that makes the brain spin in circles. And I like it.

And that's why I like Pathfinder, but I'm not interested in D&D 5. Sure, it might be a good system for someone else, but I just love being able to put just one rank in this skill, one rank every second level in that skill... and max that other skill...

So, anyway, thusly I decided to give Ponyfinder a chance, and I'll be looking for some players for some online play. I do have some people to play with locally too, but they weren't too keen on online play, so I guess I'll have to have local games with them, and online games with whomever I can find here.

So... hi everypony! I'm looking forward to overrunning y'all with hordes of monsters :D

And may the hugs of the kind yellow pegasus (who is my sensei :yay; ) be with you!

David
Site Admin

Re: Lali ho!

Postby David » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:38 pm

Welcome to the herd!

Return to “Introductions”