Hi

Introduce yourself and/or your pony character(s)
Dragonflame

Hi

Postby Dragonflame » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:07 am

Hi all. :) Not much to really say about me. I'm from the U.S.A, I'm a "Brony" who happens to be a girl :P , and I like D&D and RPGs. Finding all three here in one place is awesome! :yay; I'm used to forum and email RPGs, so still learning my way around tabletop dice rolling, but it's been fun so far. :) I thought the first book was cool, if short and a little confusing at first. This new book looks like it's going to be great!

Dragonflame

Re: Hi

Postby Dragonflame » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:17 am

On a side note, I know almost nothing about Pathfinder. :sheepish: I am learning D&D though (editions 1 and 3.0 anyway), and loving it! :-D

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:31 am

Some people call them 'Pegasisters', but brony works well enough in my book.

Welcome to the herd.

Intendant S

Postby Intendant S » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:50 am

A fellow pegasister! Welcome!
"Too much spirit can be a dangerous thing. Tends to... infect others."

Dragonflame

Postby Dragonflame » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:54 am

Thank you! Both of you! lol :)

grimAuxilliam

Postby grimAuxilliam » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:26 pm

I see you have joined a campaign in the tavern. Have fun romping around in the mines. I certainly will.
The only thing deadlier than a tarrasque is a natural 1.

Dragonflame

Postby Dragonflame » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:24 pm

lol thanks :)

here's my character sheet, btw:

name: Comet Light

race: Leather Wing, female

alignment: Lawful Good

eyes: amber

coat: pinto markings, pale grey base with silver patches, silver wings

mane/tail: midnight blue with ice blue highlights

brand of destiny: A full moon with a shadow of a pony on it. The moon is bathed in blue-white fire and trailing a long, winding comet tail.

class: Cleric (deity: Moon Princess)

Domains: Moon, Knowledge

Domain Abilities: Touch of Darkness 7/day, Lore Keeper

level: 1

BAB: +0

Class Stats / Specials:

Fort Save: +2

Ref Save: +0

Will Save: +2

Aura, channel energy 1d6, domains, orisons, spontaneous casting

17 wis + 2 = 19 wis (mod: +4)

16 con + 2 = 18 con (mod: +4)

14 dex (mod: +2)

13 str (mod: +1)

10 int (mod: 0)

9 cha - 2 = 7 cha (mod: -2)

Base Speed reduced to 30ft.

Flight(Clumsy, 30ft)

Replace attribute modifiers with: -2 charisma, +2 constitution, +2 wisdom

Loses low-light vision

Gains Darkvision 90ft

Dazzled in bright light.

-2 penalty to saves vs effects with light descriptor.

This replaces Earth-Bound.

Does not have Cloudwalking.

feats: Sensitive Ears, Pious Brand

skills: Fly, Craft (armor)

Spells / Domain Spells: none (See history.)

equipment: mismatched leather armor (She took a 20 and made it herself.), ill-fitted and rusty striking horseshoes, pony saddlebags, worn traveler's cloak, 1 week’s worth of trail rations, 1 waterskin

armor class: 12

personality: She is wary around other ponies, or any other creatures for that matter, because she's afraid they'll react badly to what she is. However, despite this she is curious about the world outside her small home village, and willing to help others where she can if they have need. She doesn't care for violence if it can be avoided, although she has come to accept her predatory nature and the need for meat in her diet as well as vegetation. She works to hone her abilities when she can, and tries to think of them as gifts, instead of the curse her village thought she had. She looks to the Moon Princess for guidance and comfort during her journey.

history: Comet Light was born to an earth-bound family in a small earth-bound pony village near the pony mining town of Amethyst. Her mother is a seamstress and her father a carpenter. She also has an older brother. Needless to say, both her family and the village were shocked by both her appearance and Brand of Destiny when she was born. Although her family loved her unconditionally and tried to help her in every way they could, Comet’s life wasn’t easy growing up.

Rumors spread through the village that she and her family had been cursed by The Night Mare, though they wondered at why she bore the symbol of the Moon Princess as her Brand. Most thought that perhaps the Moon Princess had sought to ease the filly’s curse by marking her with the goddess’s holy symbol and giving her twisted form as much beauty as she could. Those that were frightened by Comet’s looks and nature shunned her and kept their children away. Others pitied her, which was almost as bad.

When Comet’s need for meat was discovered at a young age, much to her and her family’s horror, it was her brother who set up traps in his garden to catch food for her, and who later took her out into the forest so she could hunt. She disliked wasting anything of her kills, feeling it was a disgrace to the animal who’d died to feed her, and so learned to make use of what she couldn’t eat. With help from her parents, and much trial and error, she fashioned a set of armor from the leather she’d gathered over time. As she grew older, more pieces were added to the set so that it continued to fit her.

Throughout all of this, she continued trying to understand her Destiny. She decided to start by learning all she could about the Moon Princess, but her village had no clerics or priests of the goddess to teach her, mainly worshipping the Sun Queen instead. And so, when she was old enough, Comet Light set out from home to seek her knowledge and Destiny elsewhere. As a parting gift, her family gave her a set of striking horseshoes, which her father had worn during his younger days of adventuring. The closest settlement was the town of Amethyst, and so that’s where she headed, hearing about their mining troubles along the way.

Comet is an interesting case as a 1st level Cleric. She isn't even aware that she can use magic yet. The clerics of her home village worship the Sun Queen, and so where unable to properly train her, which is mainly why she's on the road. They taught her to meditate, but she hasn't had the chance yet to do it for a long enough time to gain any spells.
Last edited by Dragonflame on Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:05 am, edited 21 times in total.

Canada714

Postby Canada714 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:58 pm

Ooooh! A Leatherwing! Very nice.

Welcome to the group Dragonflame :)
...and I said "OATMEAL? ARE YOU CRAZY?!"...oh, sorry
"I also enjoy long walks on the beach beneath the pale blue light of elder gods." -Selerik

Dragonflame

Postby Dragonflame » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:09 pm

Here's what Comet Light looks like, as well as her Brand of Destiny:
ponyWithBackground.png
ponyWithBackground.png (36.41 KiB) Viewed 2227 times

cutiemarktest2.png
cutiemarktest2.png (171.96 KiB) Viewed 2227 times

I used a pony maker game (http://generalzoi.deviantart.com/art/Pony-Creator-Full-Version-254295904) to make Comet, but I drew her brand myself, using a screenshot of "that-show-which-must-not-be-named" as a reference for the moon's "pony" shadow. :)

Intendant S

Postby Intendant S » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:25 pm

NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA BATPONY!
"Too much spirit can be a dangerous thing. Tends to... infect others."

Return to “Introductions”