Campaign Two

Get right into roleplaying. Set a scene, or join one in progress.
IryokuHikari

Re: Campaign Two

Postby IryokuHikari » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:09 pm

Canada714 wrote:
IryokuHikari wrote:Wandering the streets, Eld entered and exited many small and large gem shops. While he made purchases here and there, he seemed a bit disappointed; as if he were looking for something, but not finding it. Finally, he found himself in front of a shop proporting to sell an oddity to him: Powdered gemstones.

"That's ridiculous!" Eld muttered in the direction of his companion, "Why on this plane would ANYPONY in their right mind POWDER a gemstone? That would mean crushing it! Destroying its internal matrix! Causing it to cease to be useful for anything! I must go inside and correct this business pony as to the error of their ways. This travesty must be stopped! Come, Annon!"

The pair burst into the shop (but only with the maximum socially acceptable force) and Eld pointed a scathing hoof in the direction of the counter (which also happened to be the direction of a blue earth pony).

"You, madam! Do you have any idea of the amount of absolute and total wanton and unrepairable damage you are doing to the cosmos? :angry: "

:bemused: "You can explain to me all you want about my craft good sir as soon as THAT...THING is outside. Outsiders of any and all kinds are not allowed in my shop." She says pointing at Annon. "The magical properties inside here are very robust, chaotic, and powerful. Any little thing may set them off and I'd rather see your...companion outside and be safe rather than sorry."

"The properties are 'powerful'? You are breaking down the crystalline matricies that allow the transmission and transfusion of astral and ethereal energy! Nothing will 'set off' your house of hoaxes and lies, because there is nothing to set off! You are destroying the very thing that gives crystal magic its power!" >_> I was seeking crystals of sufficient purity to finish a very important project, but since you insist on CRUSHING everything you get, I don't believe that I will be making this rather sizable purchase here."

As Eld ranted, Annon noticed Powder's display of whole, untarnished gems, and through a series of gestures, indicated that he was fine waiting outside, as long as Eld behaved himself long enough to actually check the displays.

" <_< Fine. Just don't go too far. And maybe scare a pony or two away from this shop. That'll teach her for hating you..." Annon, despite being masked, somehow conveyed a eye-rolling smile, and left the store.

"Hmph," Eld muttered as he walked over to the display case, "Discriminating against my best friend..."

grimAuxilliam

Postby grimAuxilliam » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:57 pm

Canada714 wrote:"Well..." >_> <_< "You didn't hear it from me but I heard the miners delved too greedily and too deep. They awoke something..." He struggles for the words and says after a few attempts "...something made of shadow and fla-."
"SCRUBS!" A voice shouts from the back.
The covered stallion, Scrubs as you've just learned, jumps in place. "Ye-yes madam Luck?"
A light yellow, nearly white, earth pony mare walks around the corner adorned in jeweled dress. "You know you shouldn't be spreading those lies." Scrubs nods in silence. "Ah, a customer. :starry: Sold him some wares?"
"Yes ma'am! He bought up the last of the peridot and topaz even." He says in a proud statement.
"Ah! An alchemist, haven't had one of those in the shop in a while." She looks to the adventurer. "Not many have use for such materials, darling, unless they're looking for bombs and mutagens." Powder looks back to her employee. "Thank you for minding the shop,dear, but I've finished my errands so you can get back to the back now. We have new gems that need processing."
"Yes Powder." He walks past, taking her saddle bags to the back.
Powder watches Scrubs walk to the back, waiting to speak until he closes the door. *click* :unsure: "Sorry about him, I'm sure with your experience you've seen what gem powder can do to the mind after long exposure."

"Well, I'm sure Powder means well, though I'm more of an alchemist by trade rather than by adventure. It's been a long time since I've gone off with a bunch of friends romping around the wastes. Didn't end well, we broke up. Ah well, I suppose I'll have a shot at solving this mine problem of yours, though it's been years since I threw my last bomb. Would you mind directing me to whoever is in charge of the mines? And by the by, my name is Salt on Blood."

IryokuHikari wrote:"The properties are 'powerful'? You are breaking down the crystalline matricies that allow the transmission and transfusion of astral and ethereal energy! Nothing will 'set off' your house of hoaxes and lies, because there is nothing to set off! You are destroying the very thing that gives crystal magic its power!" >_> I was seeking crystals of sufficient purity to finish a very important project, but since you insist on CRUSHING everything you get, I don't believe that I will be making this rather sizable purchase here."

As Eld bursts into the shop proclaiming its wanton destruction of gems, Salt looks right at him and exclaims, "You may speak of the destruction of such powerful gems, but I would presume you don't know of spells that require its material components specifically in dust form. Take restoration for example. You will need to have the diamond first crushed to be able to cast that spell and I don't expect the average wizard to be strong enough to pulverize one of the toughest materials known to ponykind. Certainly gems stones are most highly valued when whole, but sometimes you need what fits the bill."
The only thing deadlier than a tarrasque is a natural 1.

Delta Requiem

Postby Delta Requiem » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:48 pm

Canada714 wrote:"He's mostly right." :eeyup: a stocky earth pony with a white coat littered with several black spots says as he walks over to the group.
"DADDY!" the little ponies shout in near unison. Sync runs over to his dad and stands next to him as his sister slowly trots over.
The stallion smiles at his children. "I see you two made some friends."
"They're gonna stop the monsters, daddy!"
"So I heard." He looks up at the adventurers. "As I said though, your friend here is mostly right. The mine has been closed off from us by the Earth Council for a few weeks due to a cave in. They say they're concerned about the mines integrity. We may have had to leave our caves, but were not "driven off." :angry: Those mines are the lifeblood of this town. We would have gone down there and taken them back but the Earth Council has decided to not allow the miners back below until its been deemed clear again. Which the head merchants who run this town are obviously pissed about.
"The official decree is a cave in, but my crew was down there working in that tunnel the day of the accident. A few of my friends were down there when the mine started to collapse...and a few of my friends didn't come back." He goes quiet for what seems like an hour. "My crew has...had some of the best miners in the world. They would have seen the signs of a cave in. They would have moved their flanks out of there and shouted up to the rest of us..." He stops and looks at this children. :sleepy: "Fools Gold made it out though. Maybe the only reason we made it out too. He was all cut up and bruised when he reached us and rocks don't do slashing damage."

Delta looked at the stallion miner. "So, your conclusion is that there was something else down there. Given what you've said, I'm inclined to agree." She frowned a little. "Unfortunately, not all of my skills are suitable to use inside a cave of... questionable stability." She looked apologetic. "I mean no offense, but if something is down in the mine, whatever it is could be compromising the mine's stability."
"My trade is rumor and gossip, my weapon the spoken word."
- Bardic Oath taken by the Court Bard

IryokuHikari

Postby IryokuHikari » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:41 pm

grimAuxilliam wrote:
Canada714 wrote:"Well..." >_> <_< "You didn't hear it from me but I heard the miners delved too greedily and too deep. They awoke something..." He struggles for the words and says after a few attempts "...something made of shadow and fla-."
"SCRUBS!" A voice shouts from the back.
The covered stallion, Scrubs as you've just learned, jumps in place. "Ye-yes madam Luck?"
A light yellow, nearly white, earth pony mare walks around the corner adorned in jeweled dress. "You know you shouldn't be spreading those lies." Scrubs nods in silence. "Ah, a customer. :starry: Sold him some wares?"
"Yes ma'am! He bought up the last of the peridot and topaz even." He says in a proud statement.
"Ah! An alchemist, haven't had one of those in the shop in a while." She looks to the adventurer. "Not many have use for such materials, darling, unless they're looking for bombs and mutagens." Powder looks back to her employee. "Thank you for minding the shop,dear, but I've finished my errands so you can get back to the back now. We have new gems that need processing."
"Yes Powder." He walks past, taking her saddle bags to the back.
Powder watches Scrubs walk to the back, waiting to speak until he closes the door. *click* :unsure: "Sorry about him, I'm sure with your experience you've seen what gem powder can do to the mind after long exposure."

"Well, I'm sure Powder means well, though I'm more of an alchemist by trade rather than by adventure. It's been a long time since I've gone off with a bunch of friends romping around the wastes. Didn't end well, we broke up. Ah well, I suppose I'll have a shot at solving this mine problem of yours, though it's been years since I threw my last bomb. Would you mind directing me to whoever is in charge of the mines? And by the by, my name is Salt on Blood."

IryokuHikari wrote:"The properties are 'powerful'? You are breaking down the crystalline matricies that allow the transmission and transfusion of astral and ethereal energy! Nothing will 'set off' your house of hoaxes and lies, because there is nothing to set off! You are destroying the very thing that gives crystal magic its power!" >_> I was seeking crystals of sufficient purity to finish a very important project, but since you insist on CRUSHING everything you get, I don't believe that I will be making this rather sizable purchase here."

As Eld bursts into the shop proclaiming its wanton destruction of gems, Salt looks right at him and exclaims, "You may speak of the destruction of such powerful gems, but I would presume you don't know of spells that require its material components specifically in dust form. Take restoration for example. You will need to have the diamond first crushed to be able to cast that spell and I don't expect the average wizard to be strong enough to pulverize one of the toughest materials known to ponykind. Certainly gems stones are most highly valued when whole, but sometimes you need what fits the bill."

"Oho! People always bring that one up. The secret is, not to die in the first place! And for that, you need to call strong allies. And strong allies respond best to the harmonic structures of perfect crystals, not to mention, they like to trade for them with service! And there are certainly ways around the powdered requirement, if you know who to ask."

((This is actually what I had hoped our characters would disagree on, so sorry if he's a little aggressive. He just really likes crystals... ;P))

Necrose

Postby Necrose » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:19 pm

Canada714 wrote:"He's mostly right." :eeyup: a stocky earth pony with a white coat littered with several black spots says as he walks over to the group.
"DADDY!" the little ponies shout in near unison. Sync runs over to his dad and stands next to him as his sister slowly trots over.
The stallion smiles at his children. "I see you two made some friends."
"They're gonna stop the monsters, daddy!"
"So I heard." He looks up at the adventurers. "As I said though, your friend here is mostly right. The mine has been closed off from us by the Earth Council for a few weeks due to a cave in. They say they're concerned about the mines integrity. We may have had to leave our caves, but were not "driven off." :angry: Those mines are the lifeblood of this town. We would have gone down there and taken them back but the Earth Council has decided to not allow the miners back below until its been deemed clear again. Which the head merchants who run this town are obviously pissed about.
"The official decree is a cave in, but my crew was down there working in that tunnel the day of the accident. A few of my friends were down there when the mine started to collapse...and a few of my friends didn't come back." He goes quiet for what seems like an hour. "My crew has...had some of the best miners in the world. They would have seen the signs of a cave in. They would have moved their flanks out of there and shouted up to the rest of us..." He stops and looks at this children. :sleepy: "Fools Gold made it out though. Maybe the only reason we made it out too. He was all cut up and bruised when he reached us and rocks don't do slashing damage."

"I did not realize the true reason you are not working," Necrose says to the white-coated stallion, "I was misinformed. I apologize." The white-coated mare's resolve to search the mine rubs off on him and he adds, "I will help her search for your workers and I swear I will help bring them out." The lute-playing mare suspects the monsters caused the cave-in and given what the miner said about the situation, he agrees with the assessment and says, "We'll have to be careful, not only of monsters, but cave-ins, as well. I'll do what I can to keep the less robust of us safe from what monsters may be down there, but we'll all have to keep an eye on the mine's structural integrity."

grimAuxilliam

Postby grimAuxilliam » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:16 pm

IryokuHikari wrote:"Oho! People always bring that one up. The secret is, not to die in the first place! And for that, you need to call strong allies. And strong allies respond best to the harmonic structures of perfect crystals, not to mention, they like to trade for them with service! And there are certainly ways around the powdered requirement, if you know who to ask."

((This is actually what I had hoped our characters would disagree on, so sorry if he's a little aggressive. He just really likes crystals... ;P))

"No pony is invincible. Even the most prepared can still be killed by the greatest of misfortunes. Death is chasing all of us. Some more than others," Salt retorts, "And besides, would you not want a potion of cure critical wounds? Or one of elemental protection? These potions are quite capable at keeping you alive and well. All of which can be derived from powdered forms of gemstones."

//And yes, I'm taking a few creative liberties in potion crafting//
Last edited by grimAuxilliam on Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The only thing deadlier than a tarrasque is a natural 1.

IryokuHikari

Postby IryokuHikari » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:44 pm

grimAuxilliam wrote:
IryokuHikari wrote:"Oho! People always bring that one up. The secret is, not to die in the first place! And for that, you need to call strong allies. And strong allies respond best to the harmonic structures of perfect crystals, not to mention, they like to trade for them with service! And there are certainly ways around the powdered requirement, if you know who to ask."

"No pony is invincible. Even the most prepared can still be killed by the greatest of misfortunes. Death is chasing all of us. Some more than others," Salt retorts, "And besides, would you not want a potion of cure critical wounds? Or one of elemental protection? These potions are quite capable at keeping you alive and well. All of which can be derived from powdered forms of gemstones."

//And yes, I'm taking a few creative liberties in potion crafting//

"You know you can also use natural reagents, right? The old standbys like eye of newt, and tail of rat? Those sorts of things are perfectly fine for potion making, and you don't need to powder any crystals to do it. Gem potions arose only recently. Summoners and enchanters have been using whole, unspoiled gemstones for ages! Besides, I can find a cleric creative enough to find a way to harness the natural focusing power of gemstones to bring someone back to life."

((I know, I am too ;P))

Canada714

Postby Canada714 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:37 pm

IryokuHikari wrote:
grimAuxilliam wrote: //And yes, I'm taking a few creative liberties in potion crafting//

((I know, I am too ;P))

//I am loving this and you guys have even said a few things that may be plot points :P or maybe not and I'm just messing with you but...//
"BOYS!!" :frage: The shop keeper is angry, but not steaming. >_< Her tone becomes calm, but you can feel the heat behind her words. "You can keep discussing the intricacies of crystal matrices, transmissions, transfusions, arcane, divine and otherwise until you are blue in the face but do it OUT OF MY SHOP!" Losing her composer at the end. "You! Eld was it? You can come in here and say my shop is a scam all you want but if you're not going to buy anything then I'll have to ask you to leave. Salt, darling, I appreciate your business and defending my trade but I think you two love birds could use your energy somewhere where it will be more productive."
She points a hoof out the window. "The Council of Earth is in charge of all things earth-bound so they're in charge of the mines although the head merchants are the ones who run the town and have put up the contract to reopen the mine. If you wanna catch someone for some fast info, go talk to Boulder Dash over there. He's the white stallion with the black spots. Cute kids..." :huh: "though it looks like you might have some competition. Seem to be a few adventuring types talking to him already."
...and I said "OATMEAL? ARE YOU CRAZY?!"...oh, sorry
"I also enjoy long walks on the beach beneath the pale blue light of elder gods." -Selerik

Canada714

Postby Canada714 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:42 pm

Delta Requiem wrote:Delta looked at the stallion miner. "So, your conclusion is that there was something else down there. Given what you've said, I'm inclined to agree." She frowned a little. "Unfortunately, not all of my skills are suitable to use inside a cave of... questionable stability." She looked apologetic. "I mean no offense, but if something is down in the mine, whatever it is could be compromising the mine's stability."
Necrose wrote: "I did not realize the true reason you are not working," Necrose says to the white-coated stallion, "I was misinformed. I apologize." The white-coated mare's resolve to search the mine rubs off on him and he adds, "I will help her search for your workers and I swear I will help bring them out." The lute-playing mare suspects the monsters caused the cave-in and given what the miner said about the situation, he agrees with the assessment and says, "We'll have to be careful, not only of monsters, but cave-ins, as well. I'll do what I can to keep the less robust of us safe from what monsters may be down there, but we'll all have to keep an eye on the mine's structural integrity."

"No no the mines are safe...well, aside from the monsters or whatever is down there, but what I mean is that cave in was not natural. My crew would have sensed it or seen the signs, this cave-in was not natural. The walls in there are surprisingly secure as long as no one yells "avalanche!" >_< but seriously, who would actually yell in a dangerous area like that?"
...and I said "OATMEAL? ARE YOU CRAZY?!"...oh, sorry
"I also enjoy long walks on the beach beneath the pale blue light of elder gods." -Selerik

Delta Requiem

Postby Delta Requiem » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:50 pm

Canada714 wrote:"No no the mines are safe...well, aside from the monsters or whatever is down there, but what I mean is that cave in was not natural. My crew would have sensed it or seen the signs, this cave-in was not natural. The walls in there are surprisingly secure as long as no one yells "avalanche!" >_< but seriously, who would actually yell in a dangerous area like that?"

Delta arched an eyebrow. "Perhaps there was somepony new in the mine that day that didn't know any better?" She shook her head. "At any rate... is there, or is there not something unusual in the mine? If so, do you have any details?"
"My trade is rumor and gossip, my weapon the spoken word."
- Bardic Oath taken by the Court Bard

Return to “Tavern”