Campaign Two

Get right into roleplaying. Set a scene, or join one in progress.
Canada714

Re: Campaign Two

Postby Canada714 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:17 pm

grimAuxilliam wrote:"Thank you sir," the alchemist replies as he wanders in that general direction. He eventually finds the store among the crowded stone structures. He enters the rocky room and is surrounded by a myriad of gems of all types. The earth pony walks up to the owner of the store and ask, "Excuse me, but do you have some high grade crushed amethyst? I'll need 200 grams. And I'll need an assorted set of other low grade gems. Lemme check my list." He deftly yanks a scroll out of his saddlebags and unfurls it on the ground and requests, "I will need 75 grams of low grade sapphire, malachite, peridot, emerald and topaz. How much will all this cost?"

The beige unicorn in wrappings covering his face, neck, and shoulders turns "Ah! A pony with an eye for quality powderized gems. Let me take a look at my stock." He disappears to the back to return with several urns and bags telekinetically floating behind him, each floating forward at the sound of its name and price. "If a high grade amethyst is what you are searching for then look no further! This fine batch is ground, flawless, royal purple amethyst. 200 grams will cost you 400 gold, but I promise you, you won't be disappointed with the results!" The urn is carefully lowed as the other bags stay afloat. "At 75 grams the sapphire will come to 70 gp, 30 for the malachite, 80 for the last of my peridot, 110 for the emerald, and finally the topaz, which is on sale ;), I'll part with my last 100 grams for a mere 20 gp."
Intendant S wrote:Slowly entering the town, an earth pony with a white coat and blood-red mane wanders through the marketplace. Covering assorted scars, most likely earned through battle, sits a tarnished and battered set of plate mail. On the back sits a pitted and scarred shield and sheathed at the side is a sword that has seen better days. While still fully functional, this equipment could use some repair work. Noticing the blacksmith, the mare heads over in that direction.
"Excuse me, but how much is it to repair my armor, shield, and weapon? The last battle that I was in was rather brutal and I'm afraid that it won't last much longer."

The large pony, blackened from soot, walks up to the table he calls a counter and looks the equipment up and down (as well as the mare) :rderp: *he lets out a long low whistle* :huh: "What did you do, catch an avalanche? Or were you in that recent cave in?" *he rubs his forehead revealing a streak of pink fur with a purple mane* "Repair work will cost about 75% of what it would cost you to just replace it. It may be worth your coin to just replace it. I have some mithral weapons you might find useful, but they're usually more popular amongst the pegasi. Ha! Also..." he looks about >_> <_< "...I'm the only merchant around selling Cold Iron weapons. Extremely dangerous to ponykin but the sad reality is we end up fighting our kind more often then I'd like."
...and I said "OATMEAL? ARE YOU CRAZY?!"...oh, sorry
"I also enjoy long walks on the beach beneath the pale blue light of elder gods." -Selerik

grimAuxilliam

Postby grimAuxilliam » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:28 am

Canada714 wrote:The beige unicorn in wrappings covering his face, neck, and shoulders turns "Ah! A pony with an eye for quality powderized gems. Let me take a look at my stock." He disappears to the back to return with several urns and bags telekinetically floating behind him, each floating forward at the sound of its name and price. "If a high grade amethyst is what you are searching for then look no further! This fine batch is ground, flawless, royal purple amethyst. 200 grams will cost you 400 gold, but I promise you, you won't be disappointed with the results!" The urn is carefully lowed as the other bags stay afloat. "At 75 grams the sapphire will come to 70 gp, 30 for the malachite, 80 for the last of my peridot, 110 for the emerald, and finally the topaz, which is on sale ;), I'll part with my last 100 grams for a mere 20 gp."

I drop my saddle bag on the ground and begin rooting around for my coin purse. After emptying about half the bag, I hand over the needed coinage, "Well, these prices weren't as bad as I thought they might be. Thanks for the topaz at cut rate prices. I guess that's the perks of living next to a gem mine. Oh and by the way, do you know if there's any work to be had around here? Preferably the quick kind. I need to recoup from my lost profits from having left my store at home."
The only thing deadlier than a tarrasque is a natural 1.

Intendant S

Postby Intendant S » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:30 am

Canada714 wrote:The large pony, blackened from soot, walks up to the table he calls a counter and looks the equipment up and down (as well as the mare) :rderp: *he lets out a long low whistle* :huh: "What did you do, catch an avalanche? Or were you in that recent cave in?" *he rubs his forehead revealing a streak of pink fur with a purple mane* "Repair work will cost about 75% of what it would cost you to just replace it. It may be worth your coin to just replace it. I have some mithral weapons you might find useful, but they're usually more popular amongst the pegasi. Ha! Also..." he looks about >_> <_< "...I'm the only merchant around selling Cold Iron weapons. Extremely dangerous to ponykin but the sad reality is we end up fighting our kind more often then I'd like."

The mare chuckles lightly and uneasily. "It wasn't an avalanche or cave-in that did this to my armor, although it would have been much more forgiving if it was. As I said, I was recently in battle and am in need of services. I'd rather have my gear repaired, thank you. It's a family heirloom that is worth more to me than the cost of a new set." She seems visibly upset about the selling of cold iron weaponry. "I...I'll also pass on the cold iron. I try to do as little harm as I can even when my opponent is trying to not be so forgiving."
"Too much spirit can be a dangerous thing. Tends to... infect others."

Canada714

Postby Canada714 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:48 am

grimAuxilliam wrote: I drop my saddle bag on the ground and begin rooting around for my coin purse. After emptying about half the bag, I hand over the needed coinage, "Well, these prices weren't as bad as I thought they might be. Thanks for the topaz at cut rate prices. I guess that's the perks of living next to a gem mine. Oh and by the way, do you know if there's any work to be had around here? Preferably the quick kind. I need to recoup from my lost profits from having left my store at home."

"Well if you got any service to sell I'm sure there's someone here who'll want them. Ya just gotta ask." The veiled pony thinks for a moment. "The town is between holidays right now so some banners need to come up but I know the head merchants want the mines opened before then." He points a hoof to the back of the story. "I could talk to Powder to see if she's hiring?"
"I also enjoy long walks on the beach beneath the pale blue light of elder gods." -Selerik

Canada714

Postby Canada714 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:53 am

Intendant S wrote: The mare chuckles lightly and uneasily. "It wasn't an avalanche or cave-in that did this to my armor, although it would have been much more forgiving if it was. As I said, I was recently in battle and am in need of services. I'd rather have my gear repaired, thank you. It's a family heirloom that is worth more to me than the cost of a new set." She seems visibly upset about the selling of cold iron weaponry. "I...I'll also pass on the cold iron. I try to do as little harm as I can even when my opponent is trying to not be so forgiving."

:/ "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have mentioned them." The earth pony states, "We get a lot of nasty types who come through here. I assumed. I apologize." He looks over the equipment again. "Tell you what, I'll repair your equipment for a discounted price. Heirlooms are precious and it would be an honor to work on yours."

Canada714

Postby Canada714 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:12 pm

Delta Requiem wrote:At the base of the rock in the center of the circle, a pegasus mare plays a lute with unusual dexterity. She's drawn a bit of a crowd, as she plays tune after tune, sometimes adding her voice to form a song. Her voice is powerful, carrying over the entire marketplace. Her coat is a dark amaranth in color, while her mane and tail are grey with crimson stripes. Her eyes are a deep blue, sparkling with mirth. Yet, deeper in her eyes, one can see an intelligence far beyond her years.

She wears a traveler's cloak, under which a chain shirt can be seen. Aside from her lute, her only possessions seem to be located in her saddlebags, which are set down next to her. The lute itself is of astonishing quality, clearly a masterwork instrument. A hat is set down in front of her, acting as a collecting tin.

A small filly and her brother walk up cautiously to the playing pony and but several copper bits in her hat. "Are you here to save us from the monsters?" the filly asks

Intendant S

Postby Intendant S » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:42 pm

Canada714 wrote: :/ "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have mentioned them." The earth pony states, "We get a lot of nasty types who come through here. I assumed. I apologize." He looks over the equipment again. "Tell you what, I'll repair your equipment for a discounted price. Heirlooms are precious and it would be an honor to work on yours."

:) The white pony smiles warmly at the merchant. "No need to apologize. You're just doing your job. And thank you for the offer of a discount. I'll leave my gear in your capable hooves." Struggling to get out of the armor, she drops off the sword and shield as well. The scars seem to run almost the entire length of her hide...some deep some shallow. Rummaging through her purse, she also happily pays him for services rendered. "By the by, you don't happen to know of any possible jobs a paladin such as myself can find in this wonderful town?" :halo:
"Too much spirit can be a dangerous thing. Tends to... infect others."

Delta Requiem

Postby Delta Requiem » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:22 pm

Canada714 wrote:A small filly and her brother walk up cautiously to the playing pony and but several copper bits in her hat. "Are you here to save us from the monsters?" the filly asks

Delta continues playing, though her singing stops. "Monsters? What monsters are you referring to, little ones?"
"My trade is rumor and gossip, my weapon the spoken word."
- Bardic Oath taken by the Court Bard

Canada714

Postby Canada714 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:03 pm

Intendant S wrote: :) The white pony smiles warmly at the merchant. "No need to apologize. You're just doing your job. And thank you for the offer of a discount. I'll leave my gear in your capable hooves." Struggling to get out of the armor, she drops off the sword and shield as well. The scars seem to run almost the entire length of her hide...some deep some shallow. Rummaging through her purse, she also happily pays him for services rendered. "By the by, you don't happen to know of any possible jobs a paladin such as myself can find in this wonderful town?" :halo:

:rderp: The stallion stares as the mare removes her armor "Ah..." He shakes his head side to side releasing a cloud of black dust. :blush: "Of course!" He states rubbing his more revealed purple mane. "Near the rock of destiny at the center of town there are postings for work." He looks to the armor, weapon and coin pursue now on his table. "But from the look of your skill set I'd say you're gonna wanna take the listing posted by the head merchants." The pink pony looks up. :smug: "If you can wait until I'm done with your armor that is."
Delta Requiem wrote:Delta continues playing, though her singing stops. "Monsters? What monsters are you referring to, little ones?"

"Oh...never mind." the filly backs down. The colt steps forward and says, "Daddy can't go back to work until the monsters in the mine are gone." The filly closes the colts mouth with her hooves. "Don't be rude Sync."

Delta Requiem

Postby Delta Requiem » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:54 pm

Canada714 wrote:"Oh...never mind." the filly backs down. The colt steps forward and says, "Daddy can't go back to work until the monsters in the mine are gone." The filly closes the colts mouth with her hooves. "Don't be rude Sync."

"Monsters in a mine..." Delta stops playing, and slides the lute onto her back. "I find myself curious, little ones. Where might I find your father?"
"My trade is rumor and gossip, my weapon the spoken word."
- Bardic Oath taken by the Court Bard

Return to “Tavern”