Campaign Two

Get right into roleplaying. Set a scene, or join one in progress.
IryokuHikari

Re: Campaign Two

Postby IryokuHikari » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:03 pm

Canada714 wrote:
IryokuHikari wrote:((You can bet your last bit i want in on this ;p Did we decide what level we are playing at? and character gen guidelines?))

Fantastic :) Well there's this:
Canada714 wrote: //...for everyone else I say please ask about third party classes. If you're trying to decide what to play, I suggest you look to the players already here and see what will compliment the group. A team of all tanks will have a few problem when there's a lock to pick :laugh://

As for level the players need get back to us :smug:

((Ok, I was mainly concerned about level. I like the core and base classes, so its all good. I have an awesome idea, and I guess it doesn't depend on level too terribly badly. I'll post an intro, if that's ok with you)) :yay;

Intendant S

Postby Intendant S » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:15 pm

Staring at the three ponies in front of her, the white mare chuckles. :laugh: "Don't worry, my young friend. I'm used to it. I wear my scars as a reminder of what it means to defend the weak and helpless. If there is anything that I can do to assist, it will be my honor." :) Taking a moment to think, she says "I was told by the blacksmith that the head merchants of this town needed assistance. You don't happen to know what this task is, do you?"

((As for level, I'll leave it up to the GM and the rest. I'm fine with whatever is chosen...and if I need to stat her up, I will. I plan on playing her as a paladin/stalwart defender...an idea that I have for a friend's upcoming Pathfinder adventure.))
"Too much spirit can be a dangerous thing. Tends to... infect others."

Necrose

Postby Necrose » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:45 pm

Intendant S wrote:Staring at the three ponies in front of her, the white mare chuckles. :laugh: "Don't worry, my young friend. I'm used to it. I wear my scars as a reminder of what it means to defend the weak and helpless. If there is anything that I can do to assist, it will be my honor." :) Taking a moment to think, she says "I was told by the blacksmith that the head merchants of this town needed assistance. You don't happen to know what this task is, do you?"

((As for level, I'll leave it up to the GM and the rest. I'm fine with whatever is chosen...and if I need to stat her up, I will. I plan on playing her as a paladin/stalwart defender...an idea that I have for a friend's upcoming Pathfinder adventure.))

"Killing monsters in the mine," the stallion says, walking up to the group, "The mine is this town's primary source of income, and monsters have apparently appeared there recently and driven off the miners." Realizing the ponies may think him odd if he didn't introduce himself, he said, "My name is Necrose, and if somepony is to do something, I would add my blade to the effort." That's not really how he intended to introduce himself, but there it was.

(I'm not opposed to the idea of us starting at somewhat higher levels. I think 5th level or there about would be fine. I'm going to play a pure Fighter. I've decided.))

IryokuHikari

Postby IryokuHikari » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:23 pm

So this is the world famous Amethyst, huh? Looks a lot less... fancy than I expected. But since my contacts said I'd find a suitable gem here... We'd better check it out, huh?" The armored figure next to him nodded emphatically. While unable to speak a language proper, the bipedal guardian was usually able to get his point across through a combination of gestures, charades, and the occasional moment of instinctual insight. Their bond was a strange one, to say the least, but it was a partnership between two sentient beings... well, one sentient being and a shard of the personality of an outsider. As the pair strode down the main path, what drew the stares of the populace was not the strange creature accompanying Eldhoof Worldcaller, but the earth-bound himself. A large scar crossed his eye, and it was surrounded by scratches and scrapes and scars of much smaller sorts, but marked nonetheless. Within easy reach of his mouth were several daggers that appeared to be made of some sort of crystal, and an eldritch rune glowed upon his brow. His coat was grey, but streaked down the sides were long stripes of white hair. His companion was about 6 feet tall, armored from head to toe in battered, but functional armor, and a blade was strapped to its side. It walked upright, like a dragon or a draqonus, but looked as if it was made to walk upright. It stayed close to Eldhoof alertly watching the passersby for any sign of danger.
Last edited by IryokuHikari on Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

grimAuxilliam

Postby grimAuxilliam » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:08 pm

Canada714 wrote:"Well if you got any service to sell I'm sure there's someone here who'll want them. Ya just gotta ask." The veiled pony thinks for a moment. "The town is between holidays right now so some banners need to come up but I know the head merchants want the mines opened before then." He points a hoof to the back of the story. "I could talk to Powder to see if she's hiring?"

"Sure, I'm an alchemist by trade, so I could lend a hoof," the blue earth pony replies. "I'm pretty sure I can be of some aid. But what's this about the mines. They don't usually close down as it's a year round industry. So something must have gone wrong."
The only thing deadlier than a tarrasque is a natural 1.

Canada714

Postby Canada714 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:27 pm

grimAuxilliam wrote:"Sure, I'm an alchemist by trade, so I could lend a hoof," the blue earth pony replies. "I'm pretty sure I can be of some aid. But what's this about the mines. They don't usually close down as it's a year round industry. So something must have gone wrong."

"Well..." >_> <_< "You didn't hear it from me but I heard the miners delved too greedily and too deep. They awoke something..." He struggles for the words and says after a few attempts "...something made of shadow and fla-."
"SCRUBS!" A voice shouts from the back.
The covered stallion, Scrubs as you've just learned, jumps in place. "Ye-yes madam Luck?"
A light yellow, nearly white, earth pony mare walks around the corner adorned in jeweled dress. "You know you shouldn't be spreading those lies." Scrubs nods in silence. "Ah, a customer. :starry: Sold him some wares?"
"Yes ma'am! He bought up the last of the peridot and topaz even." He says in a proud statement.
"Ah! An alchemist, haven't had one of those in the shop in a while." She looks to the adventurer. "Not many have use for such materials, darling, unless they're looking for bombs and mutagens." Powder looks back to her employee. "Thank you for minding the shop,dear, but I've finished my errands so you can get back to the back now. We have new gems that need processing."
"Yes Powder." He walks past, taking her saddle bags to the back.
Powder watches Scrubs walk to the back, waiting to speak until he closes the door. *click* :unsure: "Sorry about him, I'm sure with your experience you've seen what gem powder can do to the mind after long exposure."
...and I said "OATMEAL? ARE YOU CRAZY?!"...oh, sorry
"I also enjoy long walks on the beach beneath the pale blue light of elder gods." -Selerik

IryokuHikari

Postby IryokuHikari » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:35 pm

Wandering the streets, Eld entered and exited many small and large gem shops. While he made purchases here and there, he seemed a bit disappointed; as if he were looking for something, but not finding it. Finally, he found himself in front of a shop proporting to sell an oddity to him: Powdered gemstones.

"That's ridiculous!" Eld muttered in the direction of his companion, "Why on this plane would ANYPONY in their right mind POWDER a gemstone? That would mean crushing it! Destroying its internal matrix! Causing it to cease to be useful for anything! I must go inside and correct this business pony as to the error of their ways. This travesty must be stopped! Come, Annon!"

The pair burst into the shop (but only with the maximum socially acceptable force) and Eld pointed a scathing hoof in the direction of the counter (which also happened to be the direction of a blue earth pony).

"You, madam! Do you have any idea of the amount of absolute and total wanton and unrepairable damage you are doing to the cosmos? :angry: "

Canada714

Postby Canada714 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:35 pm

Necrose wrote: "Killing monsters in the mine," the stallion says, walking up to the group, "The mine is this town's primary source of income, and monsters have apparently appeared there recently and driven off the miners." Realizing the ponies may think him odd if he didn't introduce himself, he said, "My name is Necrose, and if somepony is to do something, I would add my blade to the effort." That's not really how he intended to introduce himself, but there it was.

(I'm not opposed to the idea of us starting at somewhat higher levels. I think 5th level or there about would be fine. I'm going to play a pure Fighter. I've decided.))

"He's mostly right." :eeyup: a stocky earth pony with a white coat littered with several black spots says as he walks over to the group.
"DADDY!" the little ponies shout in near unison. Sync runs over to his dad and stands next to him as his sister slowly trots over.
The stallion smiles at his children. "I see you two made some friends."
"They're gonna stop the monsters, daddy!"
"So I heard." He looks up at the adventurers. "As I said though, your friend here is mostly right. The mine has been closed off from us by the Earth Council for a few weeks due to a cave in. They say they're concerned about the mines integrity. We may have had to leave our caves, but were not "driven off." :angry: Those mines are the lifeblood of this town. We would have gone down there and taken them back but the Earth Council has decided to not allow the miners back below until its been deemed clear again. Which the head merchants who run this town are obviously pissed about.
"The official decree is a cave in, but my crew was down there working in that tunnel the day of the accident. A few of my friends were down there when the mine started to collapse...and a few of my friends didn't come back." He goes quiet for what seems like an hour. "My crew has...had some of the best miners in the world. They would have seen the signs of a cave in. They would have moved their flanks out of there and shouted up to the rest of us..." He stops and looks at this children. :sleepy: "Fools Gold made it out though. Maybe the only reason we made it out too. He was all cut up and bruised when he reached us and rocks don't do slashing damage."
"I also enjoy long walks on the beach beneath the pale blue light of elder gods." -Selerik

Canada714

Postby Canada714 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:40 pm

IryokuHikari wrote:Wandering the streets, Eld entered and exited many small and large gem shops. While he made purchases here and there, he seemed a bit disappointed; as if he were looking for something, but not finding it. Finally, he found himself in front of a shop proporting to sell an oddity to him: Powdered gemstones.

"That's ridiculous!" Eld muttered in the direction of his companion, "Why on this plane would ANYPONY in their right mind POWDER a gemstone? That would mean crushing it! Destroying its internal matrix! Causing it to cease to be useful for anything! I must go inside and correct this business pony as to the error of their ways. This travesty must be stopped! Come, Annon!"

The pair burst into the shop (but only with the maximum socially acceptable force) and Eld pointed a scathing hoof in the direction of the counter (which also happened to be the direction of a blue earth pony).

"You, madam! Do you have any idea of the amount of absolute and total wanton and unrepairable damage you are doing to the cosmos? :angry: "

:bemused: "You can explain to me all you want about my craft good sir as soon as THAT...THING is outside. Outsiders of any and all kinds are not allowed in my shop." She says pointing at Annon. "The magical properties inside here are very robust, chaotic, and powerful. Any little thing may set them off and I'd rather see your...companion outside and be safe rather than sorry."

Intendant S

Postby Intendant S » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:07 pm

Canada714 wrote:"He's mostly right." :eeyup: a stocky earth pony with a white coat littered with several black spots says as he walks over to the group.
"DADDY!" the little ponies shout in near unison. Sync runs over to his dad and stands next to him as his sister slowly trots over.
The stallion smiles at his children. "I see you two made some friends."
"They're gonna stop the monsters, daddy!"
"So I heard." He looks up at the adventurers. "As I said though, your friend here is mostly right. The mine has been closed off from us by the Earth Council for a few weeks due to a cave in. They say they're concerned about the mines integrity. We may have had to leave our caves, but were not "driven off." :angry: Those mines are the lifeblood of this town. We would have gone down there and taken them back but the Earth Council has decided to not allow the miners back below until its been deemed clear again. Which the head merchants who run this town are obviously pissed about.
"The official decree is a cave in, but my crew was down there working in that tunnel the day of the accident. A few of my friends were down there when the mine started to collapse...and a few of my friends didn't come back." He goes quiet for what seems like an hour. "My crew has...had some of the best miners in the world. They would have seen the signs of a cave in. They would have moved their flanks out of there and shouted up to the rest of us..." He stops and looks at this children. :sleepy: "Fools Gold made it out though. Maybe the only reason we made it out too. He was all cut up and bruised when he reached us and rocks don't do slashing damage."

Looking at the white stallion, the white mare speaks up. "Well, then. I suppose an investigation is in order, then. If, as you say, the cave-in was not natural, then perhaps monsters really ARE to blame. Once my gear has been repaired, I will offer my services. And, whether alive or dead, I shall personally see to it that the miner left behind are brought back."
"Too much spirit can be a dangerous thing. Tends to... infect others."

Return to “Tavern”