The Blevik Affair

Get right into roleplaying. Set a scene, or join one in progress.
Glyph Reader

Re: The Blevik Affair

Postby Glyph Reader » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:36 am

"Well, we may have sabotaged their operations a bit. Some of their thugs were going to dispose of some evidence in the cellar of Clockwinder V's house. Jar left to alert the authorities about it, but forgot to mention the plan to us. I wasn't aware of the political turmoil in this city until recently, so I foolishly stuck around with Black Cross in front of the building. We both got caught, then Jar got us out. The following events, of course, you were there to witness." The pegasus paused. "What is stopping the True Followers from breaking and entering here? They didn't seem too concerned about attacking us in the streets."
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige
Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

I have an art request thread here:
Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

Spy Pony

Postby Spy Pony » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:51 pm

"The True Followers are brash, but not stupid," the human replies, "they don't have enough powerful clerics to Kara that can best all the high priests and priestesses of each of the deities we have shrines to here. They know well enough that it would be suicidal to storm this place. Even if they did manage to secure this place, they'd need more powerful clerics than they have to make this an unholy site. The High Priestess herself blessed these grounds, and there's no cleric more powerful in the entire region."

He looked out the window and saw a few guards walking towards the crime scene uninterestedly.

"But it's funny that they'd want to torch Clockwinder's house, he's never been particularly religious. He's actually a bit of a playboy if I remember correctly, or at least he is when he's not dancing for the big crowds."

He leans back against the wall and puts a hand to his chin.

"I'm Jordan, by the way, I'm known as Jordan the Fierce. Dedicated soldier of the Shining Light of Everglow Temple and devoted follower of The Moon Princess," he explained, "it may not seem like my place to ask what you were doing in Clockwinder's house, but anything of religious and violent nature in this town concerns me, since the priests here aren't too keen on getting into fights if they can avoid it. Any idea as to why the True Followers were messing with him?"

Arithiael

Postby Arithiael » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:48 pm

"Well we met him at a bar, and he looked dead when he fell so I went to look at him and so did this guy " gesturing at Glyph "then this guy" to Jar "came out of nowhere and looked like he knew something so I followed him and we went to Clockwork's house and fought some cultists then me and him" again to Glyph "went to jail and I scared some guys and Jar got us out of jail with his smooth talking......" Black Cross continues until the story outs done, sharing the fact that she has no idea why the true followers are after him.

TheJar

Postby TheJar » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:12 am

"And that's how we got here", the earth pony says to bookend the account. "Question is, what's the end game? The cultists don't hold the brute power and if they held the required political prestige they could have operated that way and turned you all into public enemies." Eyeing around the chapel, he continues.

"What do you have that they want?"

Spy Pony

Postby Spy Pony » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:19 am

"Physically? Nothing. Symbolically, though, taking over this place would at the least force more people to pay attention to them and take them more seriously. They won't hire mercenaries for that, they will want to do it themselves, as a proof of their power. But they know they can't win that fight, so that's why its not too much of a concern. What is concerning is why they sent a mercenary to kill you guys... You must have done something particularly upsetting to them..."

Jordan pauses, thinking.

"Take me to Clockwinder's house, if you would be so kind," he says, "I want to take a look at what they were trying to burn. If you need any healing or religious services, you can talk to one of the priests here before we leave. Once we determine what they did at Clockwinder's house, we can get a better idea of what they want."

TheJar

Postby TheJar » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:35 am

Jar nods at the offer, taking a moment to go relax in the balcony and nodding to the custodian as they exchanged glances. The choir ponies were singing in an attempt to dispel fear in wake of the violence. It was soothing and he let it try to carry him to sleep.

A few minutes and a considerable amount of tossing and turning later, it was evident that rest would elude him. The stallion rose and began a slow trot downstairs, reading and looking over the walls as he went, some included crudely colored drawings by colts and fillies depicting various family members and religious imagery. While not a religious pony himself, he still found the depictions heart warming and, perhaps, even emotionally compromising.

"Don't fret, mah little ponies, we'll take care of the monsters." He said to no one.

A tired and contemplative Jar made his way into the sanctuary, "so about that trip to Clockwinder's"

Spy Pony

Postby Spy Pony » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:11 pm

Jordan kneels down before the earthbound. "Yes, we will go there soon, though we shall need everyone here at their best. If there is anything you or the rest of your group needs, let me know. For now, we will rest. But was there anything you wanted to know?"

((OK, so everyone can just let me know if their character is going to rest up, or get healing services from any of the priests. Once we establish all that, we can move on.))

TheJar

Postby TheJar » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:21 pm

Jar does his best to rest up.

Glyph Reader

Postby Glyph Reader » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:17 pm

Biblio also decides to rest.

(( Where are we sleeping? Is it night? ))
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige
Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

I have an art request thread here:
Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

Arithiael

Postby Arithiael » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:04 am

Eating a quick meal of rations, Black Cross sheds her armour, inspecting it for damage. When the assessment is made she finds a place to sleep.
((What an eventful first day.))

Return to “Tavern”