The Blevik Affair

Get right into roleplaying. Set a scene, or join one in progress.
Spy Pony

The Blevik Affair

Postby Spy Pony » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:08 pm

Blevik. A metropolis in the badlands bordering the sands of the Purrsian lands, a city known for an abundance of doppleganger ponies and by extension, a city of deception. Indeed, deception is a daily reality of life here, especially considering its reputation as the entertainment capital of the Pony Empire. While many dopplegangers choose not to hide their true nature, being among other dopplegangers most of the time, one can never really be sure that any pony who doesn't appear to be a doppleganger isn't one in disguise.

Such is the case in one particular tavern, known officially as The Changeling's Delight, but nicknamed by many locals as Kara's Rest, due to the presence of a frequently-used shrine and prayer room to the patron deity of dopplegangers in a back room. Unlike most cities, in the Pony Empire and out, devotees of Kara worship her openly here in Blevik, and it is not uncommon for public buildings to contain shrines or altars to her.

Most visitors who are not devotees to Kara still find much to enjoy here, though. Bards are always singing, dancing, playing instruments, or telling stories on the stage, often to the cheering of the crowds. Presently, there is a flutterpony bard singing songs of great adventures on the stage, and reaction to her is quite positive.

At the moment, everything appears to be going fairly normally in The Changeling's Delight.

((OK, welcome! To start out with, let's have everyone just explain what your character is doing currently, and, if you wish, how you got to Blevik. Let's have some fun!))

Arithiael

Re: The Blevik Affair

Postby Arithiael » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:35 pm

((I am sitting in a corner in banded mail, I'm a white unicorn mare with black eyes, mane, the latter is very emo-like. Against the wall lays a scythe, and two matching kama lay crossed on the table. My cm is obscured by the table. Also I'm mildly intoxicated, staring into my glass and deep in thought. )) ((and don't know the etiquette for this stuff! Do I put that kind of text in the out of character brackets? ))

Spy Pony

Postby Spy Pony » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:44 pm

((everything you do in character is not in brackets. Even describing what your character is doing. Look through some of the other RPs in here to see how it works. Also, in this universe, cutie marks are called "brands of destiny." If you're confused, I recommend looking up the ponyfinder campaign setting and reading through a good amount of it to get an idea of how this world works. Also, all out-of-character chatter needs to be kept in the OOC thread. Obviously, it doesn't matter whether you do it in first/third person better way to do your post would be as follows, but I would recommend you add in more detail, so you can flesh out your character some more: ))

A white unicorn mare with black eyes and a matching mane and tail known as Black Cross sits at a table, her brand of destiny obscured by the table and her robes as she stares into her glass, deep in thought, her thoughts swirling with the alcohol she recently consumed. Behind her, at the wall, leans a scythe, and before her lay two crossed kamas at the table.

Glyph Reader

Postby Glyph Reader » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:40 pm

As the flutterpony bard regaled the crowd with her ballads, a blue pegasus sat calm and complacent far in the back of the inn. On the top of his head, white wisps of mane were neatly combed back in a rather thin arrangement for a pony-kind who looked so young. Bright green eyes laid behind his silver-rimmed eyeglasses. A simple traveler's outfit as well as a pair of saddlebags covered his body, except for the fetlocks of each leg.

The pegasus had a distant expression on his face, eyes nearly closed. His simple drink of cider was being absentmindedly stirred by his own wing. A yawn escaped him before he jolted back into awareness. From his saddlebags he took a book and began to read, muttering incomprehensibly on and off every few pages. As he muttered, he would inscribe notes in the margins, each movement done with great care and deliberation.

Not a single other person was at the back table of the inn; rather, they were almost all grouped near the admittedly beautiful flutterpony bard; however, that was not on the pegasus's mind. In fact, his focus was completely on the words, melody and rhythm of her ballad.

He was, shall we say, taking notes.
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige
Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

I have an art request thread here:
Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

Arithiael

Postby Arithiael » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:33 pm

After quite a while, Black cross looked up from her drink and around the bar. Casually examining each of the patrons, she comes to notice the strange blue Pegasus writing his notes. Intrigued, she begins to stare.

Spy Pony

Postby Spy Pony » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:55 pm

[Glyph Reader, please roll DC 10 perception to see if Biblio notices Black Cross staring at him]

Glyph Reader

Postby Glyph Reader » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:37 pm

Perception [DC 10]: [dice]0[/dice]
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige

Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

Spy Pony

Postby Spy Pony » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:53 am

[Success!]

Out of the corner of his eye, Biblio notices a unicorn made, white with black hair and equally black eyes is staring at him. She wears a grey cloak and has a scythe propped against the wall behind her.

[You may also roll knowledge: religion to possibly glean a little more information about her]

Glyph Reader

Postby Glyph Reader » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:47 am

The pegasus remained as he was, with only his eye changing its position. Who was this unicorn? As nonchalantly as he could, the pegasus swung his head as if he was stretching out a neck muscle, an audible pop coming from it. During those few moments, he observed what he could of her.

Knowledge (Religion): [dice]0[/dice]
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige

Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

Spy Pony

Postby Spy Pony » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:17 pm

Your knowledge of religion in Everglow, combined with your observation of the unfamiliar unicorn's clothing and prevalent display of a scythe gives you a feeling that she's religiously inclined, but as to what god/goddess is her patron you cannot tell; it is likely she worships a deity either long forgotten or from a faraway land, or she is intentionally being subtle about it. Whatever it is, it raises more questions than answers.

Return to “Tavern”