Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

Get right into roleplaying. Set a scene, or join one in progress.
Arithiael
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:40 am
Location: north texas, in the United states off 'MERICA!!!!!

Re: Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

Postby Arithiael » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:57 am

"I agree, why die hmmm? I can see you've lost things, perhaps you're afraid of living long after your dearly departed?" Moving closer to her "but it's that what you want? Is that what your departed would want? Do you really think the afterlife holds respite from your grief?"
Then to silverhide, in infernal "and you don't take my monologues! This is my convert, back off!"

User avatar
Glyph Reader
Posts: 575
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:28 pm
Location: The U.S. of A.

Re: Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

Postby Glyph Reader » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:34 am

[[ Secret GM Roll ]]

Silverhide wrote:Silverhide looks at the mare skeptically," Why welcome the end of a good book? If ig is good then you widh it never end. Maybe there are a few dramatic moments, but that is just how it is. You don't welcome the end simply becayse it has gotten hard or because you want to. You stay from that end for as long as possible until the pages pass by to the last on their own."
Arithiael wrote:"I agree, why die hmmm? I can see you've lost things, perhaps you're afraid of living long after your dearly departed?" Moving closer to her "but it's that what you want? Is that what your departed would want? Do you really think the afterlife holds respite from your grief?"
Then to silverhide, in infernal "and you don't take my monologues! This is my convert, back off!"


Any pretenses of stability that the mare had simply vanishes with Black Cross and Silverhide's words. Her face contorts with what appeared to be grief, and she collapses back on the ground, audibly weeping.

[[ Both of you need to roll either a Sense Motive or Perception Check ]]
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige
Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

I have an art request thread here:
Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

Arithiael
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:40 am
Location: north texas, in the United states off 'MERICA!!!!!

Re: Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

Postby Arithiael » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:40 am

Motive that I sense
[dice]0[/dice]

Silverhide
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:14 am

Re: Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

Postby Silverhide » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:57 pm

Silverhide attempts Sense Motive
[dice]0[/dice]

User avatar
Glyph Reader
Posts: 575
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:28 pm
Location: The U.S. of A.

Re: Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

Postby Glyph Reader » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:35 pm

Arithiael wrote:Motive that I sense
[dice]5692:0[/dice]

Silverhide wrote:Silverhide attempts Sense Motive
[dice]5732:0[/dice]


Black Cross does not find anything immediately or obviously strange about the cloaked mare's behavior. A few seconds later, she jumps up and gallops out of the graveyard and the boundries of the town. However, as she does so, Silverhide notices a smirk stretch across her face.

[[ If either of you feel like you would do so, you can look at the gravestone the mare was lying at. ]]

[[ Arithiael, in case I forgot to tell you, you and Cauliflower agreed to meet at the entrance of Arcycus two hours after the tree incident. ]]

---Meanwhile with Clockwinder VI---

Clockwinder regains consciousness, and the weather is as stormy as before. He is lying on a clinical style bed with a simple, thin sheet on top of him. The room was large, and held many other identical beds, each with a small makeshift curtain setup, though none were drawn closed. A few other patients (various earth ponies and unicorns with various minor maladies) were in their own beds, idly talking in respectfully low voices.

Moments after his awakening, Clockwinder hears a familiar deep voice beside him. "You have awoken exactly on time." Turnback nods to himself, as if pleased with something. "Good. Now, your stuff is on that table over there---" the elder clockwork points at a long table near the open exit, "---as well as a bundle brought in by Golden Cauliflower. She also left you a note, which is in the bundle. If you will excuse me, I need to talk to our temporary Mayor about your heath bill." Turnback trots out of the building.
Last edited by Glyph Reader on Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige
Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

I have an art request thread here:
Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

Spy Pony
Posts: 270
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:39 pm

Re: Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

Postby Spy Pony » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:26 am

"Thank you, sir," Clockwinder replies as the healer trots out of the building.

He takes in his surroundings, and sits up on the bed. He proceeds to test out his movement ability, and finding that he now has full movement, he breathes a sigh of relief. He then hops off the bed and dons his armor, equips his weapons, and puts on his saddlebags before opening the note and the bundle left by Cauliflower.

User avatar
Glyph Reader
Posts: 575
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:28 pm
Location: The U.S. of A.

Re: Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

Postby Glyph Reader » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:04 am

Spy Pony wrote:"Thank you, sir," Clockwinder replies as the healer trots out of the building.

He takes in his surroundings, and sits up on the bed. He proceeds to test out his movement ability, and finding that he now has full movement, he breathes a sigh of relief. He then hops off the bed and dons his armor, equips his weapons, and puts on his saddlebags before opening the note and the bundle left by Cauliflower.


In the bundle, there is a bedroll, two days rations and a whetstone. The note is written in scrawled Common, and reads:

Clockwinder VI,

Black Cross and I have decided on a departure time. We agreed to set out once you wake up. I have the lumber and the tarp with me, so quickly prepare yourself and meet us by the town entrance. Beware any more falling trees.

Golden Cauliflower, Soldier of Arcycus
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige
Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

I have an art request thread here:
Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

Spy Pony
Posts: 270
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:39 pm

Re: Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

Postby Spy Pony » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:08 pm

Clockwinder pockets the supplies as he reads the letter.

Thank the gods the good doctor was here, he thinks, I would offer to pay myself, if I could afford it. Perhaps once this mission is complete, I can pay him back for his services. In the mean time, I should pray before I leave. Surely one of these ponies knows where I can find an appropriately holy place.

Clockwinder discards the letter, having served its purpose, and straps everything else down to his body, before gently walking towards one of the other patients nearby, one who is awake.

"Excuse me," he asks the pony, "where would I find a shrine to Princess Luminance? Or, if one does not exist, perhaps a library?"

((Also, I take it I'm back to full health?))

User avatar
Glyph Reader
Posts: 575
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:28 pm
Location: The U.S. of A.

Re: Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

Postby Glyph Reader » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:17 pm

Spy Pony wrote:Clockwinder pockets the supplies as he reads the letter.

Thank the gods the good doctor was here, he thinks, I would offer to pay myself, if I could afford it. Perhaps once this mission is complete, I can pay him back for his services. In the mean time, I should pray before I leave. Surely one of these ponies knows where I can find an appropriately holy place.

Clockwinder discards the letter, having served its purpose, and straps everything else down to his body, before gently walking towards one of the other patients nearby, one who is awake.

"Excuse me," he asks the pony, "where would I find a shrine to Princess Luminance? Or, if one does not exist, perhaps a library?"

((Also, I take it I'm back to full health?))


The stallion, who you can see has a brown coat and a short blond mane, turns to answer the question. "Uh, a shrine to Princess Luminance? Should be one block north from town square." Suddenly, the stallion turns his head away and coughs. "Sorry 'bout that. Got something nasty in mah lungs, but it shouldn't be there too much longer."

[[ Clockwinder VI is at full health. :) ]]
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige
Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

I have an art request thread here:
Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

Arithiael
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:40 am
Location: north texas, in the United states off 'MERICA!!!!!

Re: Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

Postby Arithiael » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:52 pm

(I hope I'm not interrupting)
"Hmm, weird." Black Cross says while walking to the grave, and, upon reading it and comprehending its meaning, tells silverhide to follow her if he wants a job, making her way back to the designated meeting place.


Return to “Tavern”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests