Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

Get right into roleplaying. Set a scene, or join one in progress.
User avatar
Glyph Reader
Posts: 575
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:28 pm
Location: The U.S. of A.

Re: Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

Postby Glyph Reader » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:19 am

[ APRIL FOOLS DAY POST! IGNORE IF READING THROUGH! ]

Mere moments after Silverhide's statement, a massive flash of lightning strikes the trap in front of them at the same time as a gargantuan crash of thunder pops the party's eardrums. The force of the blast flings everyone and the cart several meters back, yet, miraculously, no one is badly injured. Smoke begins to fills the air, and an acrid scent suddenly invades the everyone's nostrils, not dissimilar to a freshly lit torch.

Suddenly, with a beastly shout, President Obama appears, legislation and golf club in hand. "Adventurers, I address you! What is your business?"

Golden Cauliflower gets up, limping slightly. She angrily scowls. "President Obama, I thought you were cast out of this place."

Obama grins. "I never left. Your priests and gods can not stand against my might."

"We need to get by. Move it, President!" Golden Cauliflower shouts.

"None shall pass!" Gripping his golf club, President Obama strikes the ground, splitting it apart and casting the party into the depths.

[ Roll to dodge :P ]

( Okay everyone, happy April Fools! Hope that was entertaining enough. I'll make a serious post a bit later. If you want to roll to dodge, do it in the OC thread. :D )
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige
Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

I have an art request thread here:
Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

User avatar
Glyph Reader
Posts: 575
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:28 pm
Location: The U.S. of A.

Re: Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

Postby Glyph Reader » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:45 pm

Spy Pony wrote:"Skeletons..." Clockwinder VI says to himself, "They're human skeletons," he tells Cauliflower, "some form of necromancy is at work here," he says, taking out his shield, "be on your guard; the undead have no fear or remorse."

Clockwinder then looks to Silverhide, trying in vain to find a way around the trap. "I have an idea..." he says, "what if we took a big, heavy rock and tossed it onto the trap, so it will trigger on the rock instead of us?"


"Skeletons!?" Cauliflower exclaims. "What are skeletons doing out here? Well, either way, I agree that we should be on our guard."

Silverhide wrote:Silverhide thinks about the given idea," well it's all I've got right now, so Let's give it a try. Now, about that rock..."
Perception to find big enough rock? I'll roll anyway
[dice]6592:0[/dice]


A cursory glance tells Silverhide that there is a somewhat large rock approximately 50 paces from the road.

[[ Which side doesn't really matter in this case. Just know that it is a bit of a ways off the road ]]

Arithiael wrote:"But if it's a hole, wouldn't triggering it just make a hole?"
Black Cross says from where the tracks were spotted, trying to see what Clockwinder saw to call them skeleton tracks.

Spy Pony wrote:"Yes," Clockwinder replies, "but at least we could see the hole and not have to dance around a spot that most of us can barely see. That way, any travelers behind us won't have to worry about this very dilemma. They can simply see the hole and know to walk around it."


"We don't have much time to argue," Cauliflower calls out over the rain. "Let's either trip the trap or get the wagon around it. We need to get to shelter before it gets any colder!"

[[ Everyone, roll a Perception check. ]]
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige
Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

I have an art request thread here:
Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

Arithiael
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:40 am
Location: north texas, in the United states off 'MERICA!!!!!

Re: Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

Postby Arithiael » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:30 pm

Black Cross = perception
[dice]0[/dice]
((Oh wait, plus 2. ))

Silverhide
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:14 am

Re: Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

Postby Silverhide » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:15 pm

Silverhide used perception check...

[dice]0[/dice]

It isn't very effective.

Spy Pony
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:39 pm

Re: Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

Postby Spy Pony » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:50 am

Clockwinder rolls perception.

[dice]0[/dice]

User avatar
Glyph Reader
Posts: 575
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:28 pm
Location: The U.S. of A.

Re: Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

Postby Glyph Reader » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:54 am

Arithiael wrote:Black Cross = perception
[dice]6692:0[/dice]
((Oh wait, plus 2. ))


Silverhide wrote:Silverhide used perception check...

[dice]6695:0[/dice]

It isn't very effective.


Spy Pony wrote:Clockwinder rolls perception.

[dice]6700:0[/dice]


While the storm continues to rage, Clockwinder and Black Cross notice a figure approaching from the distance. The figure appears to be a lean, light-coated unicorn, most likely male judging from his facial structure. Well made saddlebags rest on his back, and an Explorer's outfit protects him from the majority of the heavy rain.

While Clockwinder can determine the approaching figure is non-hostile, Black Cross can not determine either way.

Silverhide, meanwhile, is still focused on the trap, trying to figure out what to do with it.
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige
Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

I have an art request thread here:
Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

Spy Pony
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:39 pm

Re: Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

Postby Spy Pony » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:19 pm

Clockwinder VI looks up at the figure in the distance and waves his hoof.

"Hail, fellow traveller!" he shouts, "Blessings of Luminance be upon you! Perhaps we can be of assistance, sir?"

EquestrianScholar
Posts: 170
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:09 am

Re: Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

Postby EquestrianScholar » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:33 pm

"As to the blessings of the Sun Queen and Moon Princess," He would add, the grey furred stallion would say, his mane wet despite the hat he wore to try and keep off the rain as with his explorer clothes he had paid well for. Smiling he would offering a bow of his head saying, "Where is a weather pony when you need one? My name is Mythos Gray, I admit to being surprise to see anypony all the way out here."

Noticing another pony he seemed busy at work on a trap and Mythos adds, "though I might say perhaps you need assistance more then I do. Perhaps I can be of help? I have some skill with traps myself, so maybe I could aid in disabling it." I would consider those in the group, considering them with a look of amusement and curiosity.

Spy Pony
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:39 pm

Re: Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

Postby Spy Pony » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:53 pm

The clockwork pony bows his slightly at the stallion. "Clockwinder VI, Paladin Order of Princess Luminance. And yes, we appear to have come across a trap hole in the ground and none of us appear to know what to do with it. I suggested just engaging the trap safely, with nopony on it, but we appear to be unable to do that as well! Regardless, this weather is indeed quite the hinderance!" he says, as the rain continues to clatter on the pony's metal hide, "Pray, Mythos, have you happened to see a tower in the distance?"

EquestrianScholar
Posts: 170
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:09 am

Re: Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

Postby EquestrianScholar » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:37 am

"Greeting Clockwinder, an interesting name for paladin I say," he would offer in a joking tone and a chuckle before considering the groups predicament. Onto his question Mythos would offer, "No I have not seen a tower, though I am in the area to find something of interest." Mythos didn't know about the tower, though he would consider if he remember hearing any story of one while walking to stand next to Silverhide study the trap to see if he could lend aid saying, "Perhaps I may have a go at this?" The unicorn would use his horn magic and hooves to begin messing with the trap, yet seeking to be careful as he considered different ideas.

((I think a Knowledge check of some sort to see if he knows anything of the tower the group is looking for, and a roll to see if he can disable the trap))


Return to “Tavern”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest