OOC: Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Maddness

Get right into roleplaying. Set a scene, or join one in progress.
Glyph Reader

Re: OOC: Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Maddness

Postby Glyph Reader » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:34 am

Snow_Shot wrote:can i ask how this campaign will be played as in on the roll20 site or via skype or texted based on here ^^

My current plan is to play on the forums with text:

1.) I post
2.) A player posts
3.) Repeat 2 until all players have posted*
4.) Respond to all posts in one post.

*Notable exceptions include combat, one-on-one interactions, etc.

Hope this helps!

-Glyph Reader
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige
Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

I have an art request thread here:
Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

Spy Pony

Postby Spy Pony » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:24 pm

Hey, so how many players would we need to get started? I'm anxious to play... as I've only ever GMed Ponyfinder before.

Glyph Reader

Postby Glyph Reader » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:04 pm

Spy Pony wrote:Hey, so how many players would we need to get started? I'm anxious to play... as I've only ever GMed Ponyfinder before.

I would say one more player at least would be good. That way, we have two players. Maybe TheJar could be the second player, if he wants.

-Glyph Reader
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige

Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

Spy Pony

Postby Spy Pony » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:23 pm

I'll go ask him, see what he says.

Arithiael

Postby Arithiael » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:59 am

I'd like to know how this thing works. Specifically ability score limits and how feats, skills, and knowledge with.

Glyph Reader

Postby Glyph Reader » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:45 pm

Arithiael wrote:I'd like to know how this thing works. Specifically ability score limits and how feats, skills, and knowledge with.

Sorry if I am misunderstanding you, but are you asking about how to make a Pathfinder character, or are you asking about how those things work in my campaign?

If the first: I would advise going to this link and reading that. You can work off of Spy Pony's character sheet if that helps. If you need specific help, Spy Pony and I can assist. http://www.d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability-scores/getting-started

If the second: I just realized that I didn't mention how ability scores will be rolled! Go ahead and use the 4d6-Drop-The-Lowest method. For the rest, follow the Core Pathfinder Rulebook. As you probably know, you can go to the d20pfsrd or your physical copy (if you own one) to make your character. You can use any species and class that is in the official books and Ponyfinder.

Spy Pony; if you didn't do the method I mentioned above, I wouldn't worry about it --- things have already been rolled, and there is no need to over do things.

If I didn't answer your question, I'm sorry.

-Glyph Reader
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige

Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

Spy Pony

Postby Spy Pony » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:22 am

Well, Glyph, I'm currently helping him build up a character for my game... so maybe he can use it for this game as well?

I'm thinking about getting a couple of my friends to play their characters here... I just finished GMing my first campaign with them, and they might be interested in doing more of this while I think up a new campaign for them.

Glyph Reader

Postby Glyph Reader » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:04 am

Spy Pony wrote:Well, Glyph, I'm currently helping him build up a character for my game... so maybe he can use it for this game as well?

I'm thinking about getting a couple of my friends to play their characters here... I just finished GMing my first campaign with them, and they might be interested in doing more of this while I think up a new campaign for them.

He is welcome to use the same character. Oh, and if any of your friends are interested, they are welcome as well.

If you are wondering why I haven't been on lately, I've been busy with school and other things. Luckily, I have a good amount of free time today, so I plan to get stuff done with The Belvik Affair today.

-Glyph Reader
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige

Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

Spy Pony

Postby Spy Pony » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:31 pm

Glyph Reader wrote:
Spy Pony wrote:Well, Glyph, I'm currently helping him build up a character for my game... so maybe he can use it for this game as well?

He is welcome to use the same character. Oh, and if any of your friends are interested, they are welcome as well.

If you are wondering why I haven't been on lately, I've been busy with school and other things. Luckily, I have a good amount of free time today, so I plan to get stuff done with The Belvik Affair today.

-Glyph Reader

I understand... school eats up a lot of free time, I know from experience.

I'll see if I can interest some of my friends into joining, and I'll let Arithiael know that he can use his character here once we're done making it.

Arithiael

Postby Arithiael » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:22 am

Thanks to Spy Pony, I finally have my character made.
Wah-Baym
Name: Black Cross
Female pony (unicorn) cleric of Urgathoa 1/fighter 1
NE Medium fey (ponykind)
Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +2
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 20, touch 11, flat-footed 19 (+7 armor, +1 Dex, +2 shield)
hp 16 (2 HD; 1d8+1d10)
Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +4
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 40 ft. (30 ft. in armor)
Melee kama +2 (1d6+1) or
. . kama +2 (1d6+1) or
. . scythe +2 (2d4+1/×4) or
. . shortsword +2 (1d6+1/19-20)
Special Attacks channel negative energy 3/day (DC 10, 1d6)
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 2nd; concentration +2)
. . 3/day—light
. . 2/day—unseen servant
Domain Spell-Like Abilities (CL 2nd; concentration +2)
. . 5/day—battle rage (+1), bleeding touch (1 round)
Cleric Spells Prepared (CL 1st; concentration +3)
. . 1st—cause fear{super}D{/super} (DC 13), curse water (DC 13), protection from good
. . 0 (at will)—bleed (DC 12), detect magic, guidance
. . D Domain spell; Domains Death, War
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 12, Dex 14, Con 11, Int 12, Wis 15, Cha 11
Base Atk +1; CMB +2; CMD 14 (18 vs. trip)
Feats Channel Smite, Command Undead, Exotic Weapon Proficiency (kama)
Skills Craft (weapons) +7, Knowledge (engineering) +5, Knowledge (religion) +5, Sense Motive +7, Swim -2
Languages Common, Infernal, Sylvan
SQ brand of destiny, fingerless, graceful caster, horn magic, unique destiny
Other Gear banded mail, heavy steel shield, kama, kama, scythe, shortsword, bedroll, blanket, winter, masterwork artisan's tools, silk rope (50 ft.), soap (10), trail rations (30), wooden unholy symbol of Urgathoa, 346 gp, 3 sp
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Battle Rage +1 (5/day) (Sp) Touch ally to grant +1 to a melee dam for 1 rd.
Bleeding Touch (1 round, 5/day) (Sp) Melee touch attack deals 1d6 bleeding damage.
Brand of Destiny All ponies are born with a Brand of Destiny on their flank. This symbol is of high importance to the pony, signifying their destiny or talent, and driving them to excel at it.
Channel Smite Channel energy can be delivered through a Smite attack.
Cleric Channel Negative Energy 1d6 (3/day, DC 10) (Su) Positive energy heals the living and harms the undead; negative has the reverse effect.
Cleric Domain (Death) Granted Powers: You can cause the living to bleed at a touch, and find comfort in the presence of the dead.
Cleric Domain (War) Granted Powers: You are a crusader for your god, always ready and willing to fight to defend your faith.
Command Undead (DC 10) Channel energy can take control of undead.
Fingerless Ponies and many other races of Everglow can manipulate any one-handed item with their mouths, despite their lack of fingers, as per the rules below:

- Hand and ring slot items automatically adjust to fit, becoming anklets that otherwise function
Graceful Caster +2 racial bonus to Concentration checks when casting a spell or using a spell-like abillity defensively.
Horn Magic (Sp) Unicorn ponies have horns coming from the center of their foreheads that hold great magical potential. Even untrained unicorns can use their horns for minor magical effects. Any unicorn with an Intelligence of 11 or greater can use the Light spell
Low-Light Vision See twice as far as a human in low light, distinguishing color and detail.
Unique Destiny Grants one bonus feat at 1st level.

I posted this as soon as I got it.

Back story:
Demoness from the old times. Before they forgot about my goddess urgathoa. Now I've been sent back, reincarnated as a unicorn. They've forgotten and I will make them remember. The souls of her realm grow weak, and I must collect more, must convert new followers. But to do that, I must be known. That is why I'm here, searching for adventure.

Return to “Tavern”