OOC: Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Maddness

Get right into roleplaying. Set a scene, or join one in progress.
User avatar
Glyph Reader
Posts: 575
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:28 pm
Location: The U.S. of A.

OOC: Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Maddness

Postby Glyph Reader » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:26 am

This is the OOC thread for those that want to discuss things regarding Adventures' Folly: Ascent Into Maddness (AF: AIM). Beware the ascent!

Teaser Image: http://i.imgur.com/17s2mpc.png

-Glyph Reader
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige
Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

I have an art request thread here:
Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

Spy Pony
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:39 pm

Re: OOC: Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Maddness

Postby Spy Pony » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:47 pm

All right, here's my character!

Name: Clockwinder VI

Class: Paladin

Patron Deity: Princess Luminance

Race: Clockwork Unicorn

Sex: Male

Alignment: Lawful Good

Level: 2

Languages: Common, Sylvan, Dwarven

Gold: 395

Ability scores:
STR: 16
DEX: 11
CON: 14
INT: 12
WIS: 10
CHA: 14

Skills (Just the ones with ranks in them)
Diplomacy (+6)
Heal (+4)
Knowledge: Religion (+5)
Perception (+2)
Spellcraft (+5)
Use Magic Device (+3)

Feats:
Proficiency in all armor classes
Martial and Simple Weapon Proficiency
Shield Proficiency
Improved Initiative
Armor Expert
Indomitable Faith

Weapons:
Longsword

Armor:
Equestrian Heavy Steel Shield
Banded Mail

Items:

2x potion of protection from chaos
2x potion of protection from evil
2x potion of cure light wounds
scroll of detect chaos
Flint and Steel
Silver Holy Symbol of Princess Luminance (worn as a necklace)

Supernatural abilities:
Lay on Hands (3x per day)
Smite Evil (1x per day)

Spells:
Detect Evil (at will)
Light (3x per day)
Unseen Servant (2x per day)


Background:

Clockwinder VI, son of Clockwinder V, grew up in Bit N' Bolt with his family. In their time together, his father would tell of how he would perform for the Sun Queen on numerous occasions, which brought the young Clockwinder VI to studying the deities of Everglow. While many clockwork ponies revere the Sun Queen, as she was the one to grant them a reprieve from their curse, Clockwinder instead took to Princess Luminance, for her desire for knowledge matched his own. Eventually, he came drawn to the life of a Paladin, fighting for truth, justice, and the glory of their god. Wishing to do right by his favored deity, he took the vows to live a life in defense of the innocent, and to fight against evil at all turns. As such, once his training had completed, and with a couple adventures under his belt, the promise of adventure in Arcysus proved impossible for him to resist.
Last edited by Spy Pony on Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:30 pm, edited 7 times in total.

User avatar
Glyph Reader
Posts: 575
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:28 pm
Location: The U.S. of A.

Re: OOC: Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Maddness

Postby Glyph Reader » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:27 pm

Spy Pony wrote:*snip*

With just a small look over, it looks good to me. The only thing off had that looks weird is the total price of your stuff. However, briefly thinking about it, the things that cause your cost to skyrocket are the Masterwork level equipment. The only possibility I could think of would be your organization providing your your equipment. Other then that, everything looks good.

I'm a bit busy right now, so now would be a good time for anyone else to signup as they feel like.

-Glyph Reader
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige
Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

I have an art request thread here:
Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

Spy Pony
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:39 pm

Re: OOC: Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Maddness

Postby Spy Pony » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:01 am

Glyph Reader wrote:
Spy Pony wrote:*snip*

With just a small look over, it looks good to me. The only thing off had that looks weird is the total price of your stuff. However, briefly thinking about it, the things that cause your cost to skyrocket are the Masterwork level equipment. The only possibility I could think of would be your organization providing your your equipment. Other then that, everything looks good.

I'm a bit busy right now, so now would be a good time for anyone else to signup as they feel like.

-Glyph Reader


I understand your concern. I did this all through Hero Labs, and it's calculated that I could have all that with just 1000 gold, with only 62 gold remaining. However, if you wish, I can downgrade it to regular equipment if that seems more reasonable to you.

User avatar
Glyph Reader
Posts: 575
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:28 pm
Location: The U.S. of A.

Re: OOC: Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Maddness

Postby Glyph Reader » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:30 am

Spy Pony wrote:I understand your concern. I did this all through Hero Labs, and it's calculated that I could have all that with just 1000 gold, with only 62 gold remaining. However, if you wish, I can downgrade it to regular equipment if that seems more reasonable to you.


Hmm. Okay, how about this. Either you downgrade your equipment that meets your limits, or you subtract the armor from your total, and you give a good backstory about why you have them. I think that's fair.

-Glyph Reader
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige
Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

I have an art request thread here:
Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

Spy Pony
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:39 pm

Re: OOC: Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Maddness

Postby Spy Pony » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:52 am

Glyph Reader wrote:
Hmm. Okay, how about this. Either you downgrade your equipment that meets your limits, or you subtract the armor from your total, and you give a good backstory about why you have them. I think that's fair.

-Glyph Reader


All right, I changed it to non-masterwork materials. I really don't think I can come up with a good reason as to why I'd have masterwork things at such a low level... and besides, I would think as a paladin, I'd need to learn piety and humbleness, so I doubt my order would just give me masterwork anything right off the bat.

User avatar
Glyph Reader
Posts: 575
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:28 pm
Location: The U.S. of A.

Re: OOC: Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Maddness

Postby Glyph Reader » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:44 pm

Spy Pony wrote:
Glyph Reader wrote:
Hmm. Okay, how about this. Either you downgrade your equipment that meets your limits, or you subtract the armor from your total, and you give a good backstory about why you have them. I think that's fair.

-Glyph Reader


All right, I changed it to non-masterwork materials. I really don't think I can come up with a good reason as to why I'd have masterwork things at such a low level... and besides, I would think as a paladin, I'd need to learn piety and humbleness, so I doubt my order would just give me masterwork anything right off the bat.

Okay then. Could you also add your total amount of gp to the character sheet? I like to keep track of finances.

-Glyph Reader
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige
Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

I have an art request thread here:
Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

Spy Pony
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:39 pm

Re: OOC: Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Maddness

Postby Spy Pony » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:47 pm

Done and done! :)

User avatar
Snow_Shot
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:50 pm

Re: OOC: Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Maddness

Postby Snow_Shot » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:03 am

can i ask how this campaign will be played as in on the roll20 site or via skype or texted based on here ^^

Spy Pony
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:39 pm

Re: OOC: Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Maddness

Postby Spy Pony » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:25 am

While I'm not the creator, I'm pretty certain it'll be text-based. There's a separate topic for when we actually get started: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=458


Return to “Tavern”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest