The Greatest Adventure is What Lies Ahead...

Get right into roleplaying. Set a scene, or join one in progress.
User avatar
Dragonflame
Posts: 524
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:46 am
Location: U.S.A

Re: The Greatest Adventure is What Lies Ahead...

Postby Dragonflame » Thu May 29, 2014 11:17 am

Zyonic wrote:"Huh, never thought id see a flying wolf. Nevertheless he brought it down time to see what this creature is and hopefully get some answers."

//Moves forward and attempts to grapple the fallen creature.//

Zyonic rolled 1d20+7 and got a total of 18:
11


Provoked Attack of Opportunity: armed, dagger:
Dragonflame rolled 1d20+3+1-4 and got a total of 5:

5

AoO misses

Creature's CMD: 13

Chupa makes a successful grapple.

As Chupa tries to grab it, the prone creature draws a dagger from a sheath strapped to its front leg and takes a swipe at him. The attack misses, and Chupa is quickly able to get hold of the creature.

Now on the ground and restrained, the creature is easier to make out. It's a strange looking thing indeed, at first seeming to be a griffon. The "griffon" appears to be female, but a closer look reveals that it isn't a griffon at all. Although her front half is that of a bird of prey, in this case, a barn owl, her back half is that of a midnight blue pony instead of a large cat. Strangest of all are her wings, which seem to be bat-like and the same color as her coat, but also covered over with the wing feathers of her barn owl half.

Restrained or not, the griffon/pony doesn't seem to be giving up without a fight.

Round two of Combat starts!

User avatar
TaliaKirana
Posts: 263
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:28 pm

Re: The Greatest Adventure is What Lies Ahead...

Postby TaliaKirana » Thu May 29, 2014 4:42 pm

Storm lands and moves to help restrain the strange being.

(I think I'm rolling the right dice to Aid Another. It's supposed to be an attack roll, with a +1 Strength Bonus and the +1 from Cressalia.)
[dice]0[/dice]

User avatar
Dragonflame
Posts: 524
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:46 am
Location: U.S.A

Re: The Greatest Adventure is What Lies Ahead...

Postby Dragonflame » Thu May 29, 2014 6:04 pm

TaliaKirana wrote:Storm lands and moves to help restrain the strange being.

(I think I'm rolling the right dice to Aid Another. It's supposed to be an attack roll, with a +1 Strength Bonus and the +1 from Cressalia.)
[dice]4261:0[/dice]


Aid Another to Grapple succeeds.

Escape Artist Check (Tiern Swiftpaw):
Dragonflame rolled 1d20:
1

Escape Artist Check (Chupa Sangre):
Dragonflame rolled 1d20+6 and got a total of 18:
12

Escape Artist Check (Storm Glider):
Dragonflame rolled 1d20+6 and got a total of 12:
6

Escape Artist Check 1 fails. Check 2 succeeds. Check 3 fails.

Storm is able to help restrain the creature, and just in time. Struggling and wriggling, the creature slips from Chupa's hold! Storm and Tiern, however, are still able to keep hold of it.
Last edited by Dragonflame on Fri May 30, 2014 4:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Solitary Performance
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:44 am
Location: Blevik
Contact:

Re: The Greatest Adventure is What Lies Ahead...

Postby Solitary Performance » Thu May 29, 2014 8:24 pm

The armored unicorn sees the scuffling going on, from the practically-flying wolf jumping at the flying figure, to the tangle on the ground. She advances to said tangle, pulling the light hammer from her armor into a ready position with her horn-magic grip, ready to bonk the strange pony-gryphon-like creature should it try to escape.

// Readied action, non-lethal melee strike with her hammer... will roll now if wanted, or later if needed. //

Tamara Bloodhoof
Posts: 155
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:19 am

Re: The Greatest Adventure is What Lies Ahead...

Postby Tamara Bloodhoof » Fri May 30, 2014 12:40 am

Tiern let's go of the griffon-pony's leg, anger still clouding his mind. The power, the strength, this was why he traveled so much. With a low growl, he surrendered himself to the bliss of pure rage, his paws growing sharp claws, curling into the ground, his teeth feeling painfully large in his mouth. With a cry, he started to batter the unfortunate being, all of his attacks meant to maim, yet enough of his mind was intact in order to stave off killing it.

Claw 1 (Non-lethal):
[dice]0[/dice]
[dice]1[/dice]

Backup for critical:
[dice]6[/dice]
[dice]7[/dice]

Claw 2 (Non-Lethal[If it isn't already unconcious]):
[dice]2[/dice]
[dice]3[/dice]

Bite (Non-lethal[If it isn't already unconcious)]:
[dice]4[/dice]
[dice]5[/dice]

User avatar
Dragonflame
Posts: 524
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:46 am
Location: U.S.A

Re: The Greatest Adventure is What Lies Ahead...

Postby Dragonflame » Fri May 30, 2014 9:05 am

Tamara Bloodhoof wrote:Tiern let's go of the griffon-pony's leg, anger still clouding his mind. The power, the strength, this was why he traveled so much. With a low growl, he surrendered himself to the bliss of pure rage, his paws growing sharp claws, curling into the ground, his teeth feeling painfully large in his mouth. With a cry, he started to batter the unfortunate being, all of his attacks meant to maim, yet enough of his mind was intact in order to stave off killing it.

Claw 1 (Non-lethal):
[dice]4268:0[/dice]
[dice]4268:1[/dice]

Backup for critical:
[dice]4268:6[/dice]
[dice]4268:7[/dice]


Confirm Critical:
Dragonflame rolled 1d20+6 and got a total of 20:
14

Critical Hit!

Creature's hp: 3/8 from fall + 15 nonlethal = 7 lethal damage = -4/8

Despite Tiern holding back, his strikes still prove too much for the poor beast. The fall from earlier hurt it badly, and this beating only adds to the damage. The wolf's first blow is more than enough to knock it unconscious, the second nearly ends its life. It goes limp, blood seeping from its open beak. The creature is dying.

User avatar
Glyph Reader
Posts: 575
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:28 pm
Location: The U.S. of A.

Re: The Greatest Adventure is What Lies Ahead...

Postby Glyph Reader » Fri May 30, 2014 9:37 pm

Realizing the groups intentions, Cressellia rushes to the beast's side and performs Cure Light Wounds.

Hit Points healed: [dice]0[/dice]
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige
Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

I have an art request thread here:
Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

User avatar
Dragonflame
Posts: 524
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:46 am
Location: U.S.A

Re: The Greatest Adventure is What Lies Ahead...

Postby Dragonflame » Sat May 31, 2014 11:25 am

Glyph Reader wrote:Realizing the groups intentions, Cressellia rushes to the beast's side and performs Cure Light Wounds.

Hit Points healed: [dice]4290:0[/dice]


creature's hp after healing: 0/8

The griffon/pony stabilizes, and her eyes slowly open as consciousness returns. Noticing your group all around her, she lifts her head and tenses, as if to move, but quickly seems to think better of it, and lies still again. Her head lowers to the ground, ears flat against her skull, as she eyes you all warily. She doesn't speak, but her actions are clear enough. She knows she's beaten, and too weak to escape, and seems resigned to whatever fate you have for her.

Meanwhile, seeing that the battle is over, the townsfolk are cautiously making their ways through the field towards your group. Unfortunately, some of their paths lead right into Riptor's hiding spot.

The creature surrenders. Combat has ended.

Riptor must make a stealth check to avoid being discovered.

User avatar
Zyonic
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:05 pm

Re: The Greatest Adventure is What Lies Ahead...

Postby Zyonic » Sat May 31, 2014 12:40 pm

[dice]0[/dice]
Come On Crack A Smile Friend.

User avatar
Dragonflame
Posts: 524
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:46 am
Location: U.S.A

Re: The Greatest Adventure is What Lies Ahead...

Postby Dragonflame » Sat May 31, 2014 1:26 pm

Zyonic wrote:[dice]4294:0[/dice]

// Like I said, lol, lucky dino! //
check succeeds

Luckily for Riptor, the townsfolk are too focused on the strange creature caught by the adventurers to notice him, and walk/fly right past his hiding spot. Gathering around your group, they stare in confusion, and in some cases, fear and/or disgust at the thing lying at your feet.

"So... What is it?" asks one.

It looks pretty freaky!" says another.

"Do you think this is what's been eating our foals?" asks a young mare, looking sick at the thought. That starts the people talking, and soon the gathering is full of shouting and yelling. Some of the townsfolk actually step towards the creature as if to grab it, but others in the group pull them back.

"This has to be it! What else could have done it?!"

"Just look at it! It's clearly a monster!"

"Kill it!"

"No! We might need it alive!"

"Let's drag it back to town!"

"Yeah! Let old Iron Hoof decide what to do with it!"

"Somepony get a rope!"

Some of the mob rush back to town for ropes, while others glare down at the creature, as if daring it to try anything. The creature just stares back, not speaking, only waiting.


Return to “Tavern”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests