The Greatest Adventure is What Lies Ahead...

Get right into roleplaying. Set a scene, or join one in progress.
User avatar
Dragonflame
Posts: 524
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:46 am
Location: U.S.A

Re: The Greatest Adventure is What Lies Ahead...

Postby Dragonflame » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:32 pm

She smiles at him, taking the meat. Instead of gulping it down though, which it seems to take all of her will power not to do, she takes time to tear the meat into the smallest pieces she can before swallowing it, and even then she seems to have trouble getting the food down her throat. Despite this, she seems thankful for the tidbit. Her stomach lets out a loud growl, and she looks away, embarrassed, but obviously still very hungry. And yet for some reason, she doesn't even seem to consider the pony-high grass all around them as food, even though she clearly seems to be part pony.

It's around this time that the townsfolk head back towards them, in what seems an even bigger crowd than before, and all of them carrying either a light of some kind, or some kind of rope or chain.

Riptor needs to make another stealth check to avoid them.

User avatar
Zyonic
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:05 pm

Re: The Greatest Adventure is What Lies Ahead...

Postby Zyonic » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:52 pm

[dice]0[/dice]
Come On Crack A Smile Friend.

User avatar
Dragonflame
Posts: 524
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:46 am
Location: U.S.A

Re: The Greatest Adventure is What Lies Ahead...

Postby Dragonflame » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:46 pm

Zyonic wrote:[dice]4330:0[/dice]


Stealth check failed.

As the townsfolk approach, a sudden shriek pierces the night. One of the mares had walked right into Riptor's patch of grass in the dark, her lantern lighting him up enough for the rest of the folk to see. The herd balks, ponies dancing nervously, ready to run, while others ready their chains and ropes for battle.

"Nopony run." commands a voice suddenly from the center of the group, "Hold. Hold and stand your ground." The crowd parts slowly to let the speaker through, and a massive pony of metal and wood steps forward. The mighty Steelheart calmly stares down the baby T-Rex, and waits to see what it intends.
Last edited by Dragonflame on Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Zyonic
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:05 pm

Re: The Greatest Adventure is What Lies Ahead...

Postby Zyonic » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:25 am

//Riptor freezes at first upon being discovered. After a few seconds it remembered Sangre ordered him to do. He rises up and tries to make himself as and fearsome as possible. Then let out a Roar as vicious as possible.//

[dice]0[/dice]
Come On Crack A Smile Friend.

User avatar
Dragonflame
Posts: 524
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:46 am
Location: U.S.A

Re: The Greatest Adventure is What Lies Ahead...

Postby Dragonflame » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:55 pm

Zyonic wrote://Riptor freezes at first upon being discovered. After a few seconds it remembered Sangre ordered him to do. He rises up and tries to make himself as and fearsome as possible. Then let out a Roar as vicious as possible.//

[dice]4334:0[/dice]


Intimidation check succeeds.

The townsfolk are clearly shaken by the roar. Even the Steelheart seems affected, but they hold their ground.

User avatar
Glyph Reader
Posts: 575
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:28 pm
Location: The U.S. of A.

Re: The Greatest Adventure is What Lies Ahead...

Postby Glyph Reader » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:09 pm

Realizing the misunderstanding, Cressellia leaps into the air in between Rex and the townsfolk, hovering in place.

"Now, just a second! This is Rex -- he is our friend. He means no harm!"

Diplomacy Roll: [dice]0[/dice]

//

Well then. Do any of you know the game Starbound? It turns out it can consume your life if you aren't careful. :blush:

-Glyph Reader

//
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige
Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

I have an art request thread here:
Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

User avatar
Dragonflame
Posts: 524
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:46 am
Location: U.S.A

Re: The Greatest Adventure is What Lies Ahead...

Postby Dragonflame » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:54 am

Glyph Reader wrote:Realizing the misunderstanding, Cressellia leaps into the air in between Rex and the townsfolk, hovering in place.

"Now, just a second! This is Rex -- he is our friend. He means no harm!"

Diplomacy Roll: [dice]4483:0[/dice]

//

Well then. Do any of you know the game Starbound? It turns out it can consume your life if you aren't careful. :blush:

-Glyph Reader

//


Diplomacy check succeeds

The townsfolk settle a little, though still cast nervous looks at Riptor. Moving forward to meet Cressellia, the steelheart addresses her. "You must be from the group of adventurers I've heard about. The townsfolk call me Iron Hoof, and I seem to have become their unofficial leader. Normally the mayor would handle these things, but she's been... unwell, since her child's disappearance several months ago. I'm an adventuring blacksmith, but have taken up shop here for a time." He stops and shakes his head, seeming to realize that he's beginning to ramble when they have more important things to see to. "But enough about that. If your dinosaur friend there is truly harmless, then please take him into town so he doesn't disturb the crime scene, and do keep him out of trouble, if you'd please. Now, I think you'd better show me this strange creature you found that has my town so upset."

//I've heard of it but never played it.//

User avatar
TaliaKirana
Posts: 263
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:28 pm

Re: The Greatest Adventure is What Lies Ahead...

Postby TaliaKirana » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:14 am

"Be gentle. I don't think she's been the one hurting your foals," Storm's ears lower as she continues, making her look sad. "Poor thing seems half-starved, and tried to run rather than fight us. She's still wounded from our attempts to subdue her."

User avatar
Dragonflame
Posts: 524
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:46 am
Location: U.S.A

Re: The Greatest Adventure is What Lies Ahead...

Postby Dragonflame » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:40 pm

TaliaKirana wrote:"Be gentle. I don't think she's been the one hurting your foals," Storm's ears lower as she continues, making her look sad. "Poor thing seems half-starved, and tried to run rather than fight us. She's still wounded from our attempts to subdue her."


The steelheart nods thoughtfully as he steps into your circle to examine the creature. The creature, for her part, freezes at the sight of him, her tail tucking between her legs and ears folding back. She lowers herself to the ground again, trying to be as small and non-threatening as possible. The steelheart slowly walks around the griffon/pony, looking her over carefully.

"You're right." he finally says, addressing your entire group as he continues to watch the creature, "She couldn't possibly be the one taking our foals, considering how starved she is. She seems intelligent at least. Smart enough not to eat the grass here in any case, and don't any of you eat it either. It's toxic. No, she's certainly no monster. A rogue, most likely, given the padding over her hooves and choice of dagger as a weapon. I happen to have made that one. It was stolen some time ago, along with that quilt she's using for armor." He turns back to look at you all, "Has she spoken yet? She may not be what we're looking for, but perhaps she saw something?"

//open invite for anybody to post//

User avatar
TaliaKirana
Posts: 263
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:28 pm

Re: The Greatest Adventure is What Lies Ahead...

Postby TaliaKirana » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:49 pm

"No, she's not spoken. I don't know if she simply doesn't know Common, or if she can't speak," Storm says. She turns to the griffon/pony, and says in Sylvan,"Are you okay?"


Return to “Tavern”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest