The Greatest Adventure is What Lies Ahead...

Get right into roleplaying. Set a scene, or join one in progress.
Solitary Performance

Re: The Greatest Adventure is What Lies Ahead...

Postby Solitary Performance » Sat May 31, 2014 3:58 pm

The armored unicorn steps between the mob and the injured creature. "And if the pony-like creature happens to be intelligent, and thus able to talk for themself, then answers can be had. Sun Queen as my witness, if any of you jump the figure before basic intelligence, speech ability, and enough physical stability to stand under their own power is confirm-able, you'll have to walk over me to do so. And should they not be responsible, then you'd all be guilty of killing someone innocent of the accusations presented," She focus her telekinetic grip to the handles of her weapons, making sure the crowd knows she's not just blowing hot air. "So, give us a few minutes, go get the elder, or mayor, or whomever, before you light torches and brandish pitchforks."

Dragonflame

Postby Dragonflame » Sat May 31, 2014 4:51 pm

Solitary Performance wrote:... She focus her telekinetic grip to the handles of her weapons, making sure the crowd knows she's not just blowing hot air. "So, give us a few minutes, go get the elder, or mayor, or whomever, before you light torches and brandish pitchforks."

The crowd backs away a little at this. Though the gem unicorn seems the youngest of your group, her armor and weapons intimidate the folk, and her words manage to cool some of their fire. One of them, a griffon male, steps forward and says, "Have it your way than, strangers. Old Iron Hoof will see to your catch soon enough." He looks down at the creature a last time, as if sizing it up, then heads back to town. Grumbling, the others turn as a herd and follow him.

As they leave, the griffon-pony's face takes on a look of confusion. Its head doesn't leave the ground, but turns on its neck in that strange way owls can to stare at each of you in turn. Its beak opens, but only a whisper of a croak comes out. One question seems clear to everyone however, now that you have the creature, what are you going to do with it?
Last edited by Dragonflame on Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tamara Bloodhoof

Postby Tamara Bloodhoof » Sat May 31, 2014 5:06 pm

"...you okay?" Tiern asks, his body feeling heavy after his sudden bout of adrenaline. The creature looked pitiful, and for more reasons than just the damage. To Tiern, it looked like little more than a whipped puppy, and it wasn't long before he cuddled up to the creature. "I'm sorry for hurting you." he mumbled.

Dragonflame

Postby Dragonflame » Sat May 31, 2014 5:50 pm

It flinches at first as he comes near, but relaxes a little as he settles beside it and apologizes. The heat from the Phoenix Wolf seems to ease its discomfort, and soon its eyes slip half shut. It seems to be falling asleep.

TaliaKirana

Postby TaliaKirana » Sat May 31, 2014 5:53 pm

Storm studies the strange creature. "We need to get it some treatment, so we can discover what its intentions are," she says calmly.

Glyph Reader

Postby Glyph Reader » Sat May 31, 2014 6:02 pm

TaliaKirana wrote:Storm studies the strange creature. "We need to get it some treatment, so we can discover what its intentions are," she says calmly.

"I think I can help a bit more." Cressellia prepares herself, then casts her last healing spell of the day.

Cure Light Wounds: [dice]0[/dice]

//

This would work, right? I did just use a healing spell, but I think this makes sense.

-Glyph Reader

//
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige
Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

I have an art request thread here:
Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

Dragonflame

Postby Dragonflame » Sat May 31, 2014 7:16 pm

Glyph Reader wrote:
TaliaKirana wrote:Storm studies the strange creature. "We need to get it some treatment, so we can discover what its intentions are," she says calmly.

"I think I can help a bit more." Cressellia prepares herself, then casts her last healing spell of the day.

Cure Light Wounds: [dice]4303:0[/dice]

Creature's hp after healing: 6/8

It starts in surprise as the spell takes effect, then slowly stands up, carefully stretching every muscle. As it slowly moves, more things about the creature become clear. It is indeed a female, and young as well. A dagger sheath is strapped to one foreleg, and a pair of soft leather bags cover her back feet. Her armor, or what's left of it, is little more than padded cloth, most likely somebody's old quilt by the looks of it.

She looks thin, not only in lean muscle, but as if she hasn't been eating well and could use a few good meals. Appearance wise, her barn owl half has a pink beak and coal black, but bright eyes, set in a white heart-shaped face ringed in light brown feathers and light brown ears like a griffon's. Her forelegs are covered in downy feathers ending in pink-scaled talons with black claws. The white feathers of her forelegs, chest, and underbelly and the varying light and dark brown feathers on her back darken gently into the midnight blue of her pony half. The bat-like part of her wings are midnight blue as well, though with slightly lighter blue webbing, and are covered over on both sides with the barred wing feathers of her owl half. Her pony tail is the same light blue as her wing webs. On a dark night she might easily be mistaken for a large owl, for her pony half would be all but invisible.

TaliaKirana

Postby TaliaKirana » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:40 am

"I'm sorry we got so rough. I only wanted to stop you so we could talk," Storm says gently, noticing the poor state the griffon?/pony? is in. "Does anybody have some spare food? She looks like she's about to pass out on us again."

Dragonflame

Postby Dragonflame » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:39 am

The creature perks up at the mention of food, her beak opening and closing rapidly and a surprised, yet grateful look on her face. But she quickly stops as that strange whispering croak is all that comes out. A talon goes to her throat, gently rubbing it as she sits down again, looking downcast.

Tamara Bloodhoof

Postby Tamara Bloodhoof » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:31 pm

Tier fishes in his pack and pulls out a small strip of meat. "This is all I have left." He mumbled, giving it to the griffony.

Return to “Tavern”