The Greatest Adventure is What Lies Ahead...

Get right into roleplaying. Set a scene, or join one in progress.
Dragonflame

The Greatest Adventure is What Lies Ahead...

Postby Dragonflame » Mon May 12, 2014 4:19 pm

//Just thought I'd go ahead and get this scene out. Feel free to post when you guys are ready. :) p.s. I'm trying a new (for me) style of posting (2nd person view). Please let me know what you think!//

Twilight descends over the land of Everglow as the Sun Queen takes her rest, while the Moon Princess raises her great pearl to silver the land with its gentle glow. In the fading light, your band of adventurers travel the road through grassland wilderness, and soon a mountain range reveals itself ahead. A small towns sits at the base of the nearest peak. Weary from the long day's journey, you have a choice to make: do you venture into town? Or make camp outside of it?

Dragonflame

Re: The Greatest Adventure is What Lies Ahead...

Postby Dragonflame » Thu May 15, 2014 6:08 am

You've all heard that this town has a problem with missing children, but any details beyond that are sketchy thanks to rumors flying around. You don't really know what to expect when you arrive. So, do you enter now? Or do you wait until morning?

Glyph Reader

Postby Glyph Reader » Fri May 16, 2014 7:36 pm

Fluttering above the others, the Flutterpony hummed a few notes in thought. "Perhaps," she mumbled to herself, "we should wait?" She stretched her gossamer wings. "What do you all think?" she asks those below her.

//

It might just be me, but I am having difficulty getting started with the current prompt. I don't know exactly what is off about it, but it just might be a lack of a starting push/context to act in. *shrug* It just might be me being tired or not entirely sure of how my new character works just yet.

-Glyph Reader

//
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige
Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

I have an art request thread here:
Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

Dragonflame

Postby Dragonflame » Fri May 16, 2014 9:54 pm

//If it's any comfort, it's a little slow for me too... I just wasn't sure what else to do with it. Many this will help?//

As you decide amongst yourselves, you notice movement ahead in the town. The homes that had been dark before suddenly glow from lighted windows, and the four-legged townsfolk gather in in the street. Lanterns are seen being lit, as are several unicorn horns. Moments later, what appears to be a search party ventures out into the grasslands. They haven't spotted your group yet, but are clearly looking for something. Several calls ring out through the night with a name: "Snow Belle! Snow Belle! Where are you?!"

Zyonic

Postby Zyonic » Tue May 20, 2014 7:17 pm

"Well it would be wrong if we stayed hidden considering the fact we came to help find out why their little ones kept on going missing. You stay here and remain hidden okay Riptor. We don't want them assuming you ate them now would we?"

//The small Trex bowed its head and shook it before letting out a low growl.//

"I know what happened last time i helped some town you don't think i forgot did you? Besides this time I have some fellow adventurers back us up and if it gets any worse you could always jump out and let out a vicious roar to scare them and while they are in shock we flee. Not to mention with a kid just disappearing right now there might be a chance to find some clues as to who or what is making these kids vanish."

//Riptor nods and tries to stay as stealthy as any 8 ft tall 14 ft long dinosaur possibly can. The leather wing adjusts his cloak and hood making sure its covering his ears and wings. Then checks his smoked goggles to make sure his eyes are covered as well. Then ,shaking a little, slowly approaches the crowd.//

"Hello my name is Chupa Sangre. Me and my friends over there came here to lend assistance and to help you all find out who or what is making your children disappear. How may we be able to help?"
Come On Crack A Smile Friend.

Dragonflame

Postby Dragonflame » Wed May 21, 2014 12:14 pm

Zyonic wrote:"Hello my name is Chupa Sangre. Me and my friends over there came here to lend assistance and to help you all find out who or what is making your children disappear. How may we be able to help?"

The townsfolk instantly close ranks at the sound of his voice, eying him with sudden fear and suspicion. This quickly fades, however, as his words sink in and they spot the rest of your party behind him, and is instead replaced by looks of relief and gratitude. Luckily they don't notice the baby T-Rex, which is crouched nearby, the thick pony-high grass hiding it well from their light sources.

On closer inspection, you notice that group before you contains a mix of Earth-Bound ponies, Pegasi, and Unicorns. Cloven, Griffons, and even a Clockwork or two can also be made out in the crowd. One of the ponies, a distrait-looking Earth-Bound mare with a cream-colored coat, steps forward and says, "You've come to help us? Please! My filly! She- she went playing in the grass with the other children. We tell them not to stay out after dark! The others got back in time- but- but..." The mother breaks off, close to tears. A grey Pegasus stallion, most likely her husband, tries to comfort her, and finishes, "She's not hard to miss. A little blue-white Pegasus filly with a gold mane and tall. Her Brand is a snowflake. Have you seen her at all?"

Tamara Bloodhoof

Postby Tamara Bloodhoof » Thu May 22, 2014 1:58 pm

"Snowflake? Why would we see snowflakes?" asked a rough growl emanating from behind a food cart. Padding out from behind the cart, massive saddle bags slung over his back and an apple in his teeth, the Pheonix Wolf made himself known, his whole body shivering slightly with fatigue.

The Pheonix Wolf was rather large, nearly four feet tall in total and easily five hundred pounds. His coat, or what was visible beneath a thin layer of brown leather that covered his entire body, was bright red and yellow, each ripple turning it into a sea of flames. His eyes were pure orbs of yellow, and the packs on his bag were stuffed to the brim with equipment.

With a grunt he sat on his hind paws, a great yawn slowly rumbling from the depths of his throat as he grasped the apple with his small claws. "Snowflakes are for winter time, aren't they?" he asked, his head cocking to the side as he stared at the massive conglomeration of villagers. "Or is that Wendigos..."

[Not sure if I should put up his whole character sheet or not...]

Solitary Performance

Postby Solitary Performance » Thu May 22, 2014 2:08 pm

A curt comment comes from another member of the party, an armored unicorn who practically seemed to shine a soft orange color when the light hit her around the armor. "Not a snowflake, a pegasus filly with a snowflake brand." The armored unicorn had several weapons hanging from her armor, a sturdy shield of wood with a sun emblazoned on it on her back. She shakes her head a little, her red hair almost looking like a small mane of fire with the orange highlights along it, "I do not presume to speak for all of us, but I cannot see a reason to not seek out the special lost snowflake, and the other lost little ones."

Tamara Bloodhoof

Postby Tamara Bloodhoof » Thu May 22, 2014 2:12 pm

"Brand? What's that?" asked the wolf questioningly, taking a bite out of the apple and grinning widely, suddenly ignoring all of the villagers, to the point of practically pretending they didn't exist.

Dragonflame

Postby Dragonflame » Thu May 22, 2014 3:07 pm

The townspeople shrink back a little from the newly arrived Phoenix Wolf, not used to seeing their kind in these parts. One of them, however, a large green Earth-Bound stallion with a basket of fruit as his Brand, steps up to the wolf and says, "You gonna pay for that apple? Cart's closed for the day. I was headin' home with it when this search started."

Meanwhile, the missing filly's father turns to the unicorn and says, "Her name is Snow Belle. It looks like you all just arrived. Did you see her anywhere along the road through the grassland?" The filly's mother seems too upset to speak anymore, but simply looks at your group with pleading eyes.

Return to “Tavern”