OOC: The Greatest Adventure is What Lies Ahead...

Get right into roleplaying. Set a scene, or join one in progress.
Dragonflame

OOC: The Greatest Adventure is What Lies Ahead...

Postby Dragonflame » Sun May 11, 2014 8:53 pm

Hi everypony! Anybody up for another adventure? I've been wanting to try out that "leather wing/griffon" hippogriff that David came up with (link), and I've always wanted to try my hand at GMing. So I figure, why not try both? Anyone want to join?

p.s. how many of you can guess the title reference? ;)

Glyph Reader

Re: OOC: The Greatest Adventure is What Lies Ahead...

Postby Glyph Reader » Sun May 11, 2014 10:20 pm

I would love to join! While GMing is fun, it would be nice to stretch my figurative player muscles again. My RP group has been in hiatus due to a seasonal transition. It has almost been a month and a half since the last RP session.

Anyways, how is this particular RP going to work? Do you have any plans? Is there any information you would like to have upfront before starting (eg. Character concept, maybe character sheet, etc.)? Either way, I'm excited.

-Glyph Reader
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige
Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

I have an art request thread here:
Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

Dragonflame

Postby Dragonflame » Sun May 11, 2014 10:28 pm

Welcome! Character sheets would be good. :) I'm still working on mine. As for a plan... honestly, I keep hearing that the best way to GM is to just wing it. So I might try that for this game. I'll start you guys off with a setting and we'll see how it goes from there.

Glyph Reader

Postby Glyph Reader » Sun May 11, 2014 10:47 pm

Dragonflame wrote:Welcome! Character sheets would be good. :) I'm still working on mine. As for a plan... honestly, I keep hearing that the best way to GM is to just wing it. So I might try that for this game. I'll start you guys off with a setting and we'll see how it goes from there.

Okay then. So, by character sheet, do you mean a list of details about the character (eg. Name, Age, Race, Background, etc.), or a full blown Pathfinder character sheet?

Regardless of character sheet, it would help to know when the story takes place so it is a tiny bit easier to integrate the characters into the world (unless you have a plan for that when you post the setting/introduction (a-la Forlorn Vestige)).

-Glyph Reader
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige

Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

Dragonflame

Postby Dragonflame » Mon May 12, 2014 4:19 am

It takes place during the Height of the Pony Empire. :) As for character sheets, let's go with a whole pathfinder sheet I think. Character details and dice stats would be good.

Glyph Reader

Postby Glyph Reader » Mon May 12, 2014 6:07 am

Hmm... so far, I have only done ponies. I may need to change that. ;)

Another thing; are we going to be using usual Forum RP rules, or are we basically playing Ponyfinder with text?

-Glyph Reader
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige

Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

TaliaKirana

Postby TaliaKirana » Mon May 12, 2014 7:03 am

I'd like to join as well... I'm highly tempted to go for a Purrsian. Not sure what class yet, though I have a vague idea of what she looks like. How many points for stats, and are we allowed traits?

Dragonflame

Postby Dragonflame » Mon May 12, 2014 11:29 am

Glyph Reader wrote:Another thing; are we going to be using usual Forum RP rules, or are we basically playing Ponyfinder with text?

-Glyph Reader

I'm not sure yet. Please remind me what the difference between those are again?

TaliaKirana wrote:I'd like to join as well... I'm highly tempted to go for a Purrsian. Not sure what class yet, though I have a vague idea of what she looks like. How many points for stats, and are we allowed traits?

I'm not sure what you mean by "how many points"... This is my first time GMing a game like this, so I might need a little help with the basics. :sheepish: I am reading through this site for the pathfinder rules though: link. If you mean for ability scores, I normally use dice rolls by rolling 4d6 and discarding the lowest number. But that might be just me. And yes, you are allowed traits. :)

Solitary Performance

Postby Solitary Performance » Mon May 12, 2014 11:38 am

Dragonflame wrote:
TaliaKirana wrote:I'd like to join as well... I'm highly tempted to go for a Purrsian. Not sure what class yet, though I have a vague idea of what she looks like. How many points for stats, and are we allowed traits?

I'm not sure what you mean by "how many points"... This is my first time GMing a game like this, so I might need a little help with the basics. :sheepish: I am reading through this site for the pathfinder rules though: link. If you mean for ability scores, I normally use dice rolls by rolling 4d6 and discarding the lowest number. But that might be just me.

The 'how many points' is a question based on point-buy systems, to provide a balanced playing field between players... after all, if you get lucky with your d6s, you can end up with several 18s and someone else without anything even 15+, while point buy lets everyone have the same baseline to work with.
Also, as an alternate, or an along-side, you can try The 'official' PRD with the link you gave.

Also, I'm gonna drop interest in possible joining in on this. Might pull a unicorn sorceress out, or my namesake (dopple pegasus bard), as Sol has no dictated time period, hehe.

Glyph Reader

Postby Glyph Reader » Mon May 12, 2014 11:44 am

Dragonflame wrote:
Glyph Reader wrote:Another thing; are we going to be using usual Forum RP rules, or are we basically playing Ponyfinder with text?

-Glyph Reader

I'm not sure yet. Please remind me what the difference between those are again?

With "usual Forum RP rules," I was referring to something with all character interaction and no dice rolls. Of course, there are no set rules with Forum RPs, really. That is just the 'purest' form I could think of.

With "Ponyfinder with text," that would be essentially playing Pathfinder with the Ponyfinder supplement in real life, except it is all communicated through text.

With Forlorn Vestige, I have a slightly different version of the base Forum RP rules. With non-combat situations, there is no dice rolling; only the player, the NPCs, and me, the GM. When it comes to combat, however, I use a combat system I designed myself. You can look at Forlorn Vestige to see my post on that, if you are interested in that system.

-Glyph Reader
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige

Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

Return to “Tavern”