Forlorn Vestige

Get right into roleplaying. Set a scene, or join one in progress.
Glyph Reader

Re: Forlorn Vestige

Postby Glyph Reader » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:16 pm

Solitary Performance wrote:The unicorn gives a simple smile as she not only removes the eye of one of the lizards, but the head of another entirely, as they approached the group. Her attention was away from the fiery wolf, so she got to miss him falling on one, and it mostly still is away from it, as she still has the injured lizard to finish off. Which, she promptly goes to work on finishing.

//The swing says...
[dice]3225:0[/dice]
//

With great ease, the -- seemingly -- unicorn ninja readied her wakazashi, drawing it above her head.

Effectiveness Roll: [dice]0[/dice]

Without looking at the lizard, the ninja slices down, not expecting the lizard to have moved itself out of the way since its encounter with her blade. Instead of feeling the satisfying crunch of bones reverberate through the wakazashi, a soft (and infinitely more unsatisfying) thud was what she felt. Only then did she realize her error in judgement.

//

Solitary, when Madfallien Gwen 3's turn arrives, if it is not dead, it will get a guaranteed strike against you -- with its fangs! Speaking of turn order...

TURN ORDER [ROUND 2]:

Unicorn Ninja: 20
Phoenix Wolf: 14
Stallford: 14
Madfallien Gwen 3: 7
Mabel: 3
Aragan: 1
Madfallien Gwen 5: 1

-Glyph Reader

//
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige
Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

I have an art request thread here:
Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

Glyph Reader

Postby Glyph Reader » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:37 pm

//

Zyonic, it is your turn! Just so you know, your ability to do things is technically normal, so you may act like you are no longer poisoned -- which you are not!

-Glyph Reader

//
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige

Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

Glyph Reader

Postby Glyph Reader » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:59 pm

Zyonic's Turn:

Shakily standing up, the phoenix wolf's teeth curl in a pleased grin.

"Thanks, Aragan, buddy!" He leaps up and shakes his head vigorously. "Oh yeah! Got the first kill-" A strange odor wafts into the keen nostrils of the fiery wolf, drawing his gaze to the right, the ninja's plight quickly became evident. "Well then; time for some Madfallien thrashing!"

Kneeling into a predatory gait, the phoenix wolf lunges at the unaware Madfallien Gwen.

Success Roll(+5 for Madfallien being unaware): [dice]0[/dice] (actually a total of 10)

The phoenix wolf lunged, eyes shining. A shiver went down the lizard's spine. With trepid uncertainty, the Madfallien shrugged off the feeling of death being near.

Effectiveness Roll: [dice]1[/dice]

Instead of crushing it in his jaws like the phoenix wolf wanted, he merely batted it away with his large paws. It was not with out effect, though! Giant yellow bruises had formed along the entire back of the Madfallien. Its googly eyes were crossed in what seemed to be great pain.

// Solitary, your character is now not in danger from the Madfalien Gwen 3. Your readied stance is gone, though. //

Stallford's Turn:

With some effort, Stallford managed to right himself on his four hooves. A sigh of relief escaped his mouth.

"Thanks Mabel"--he picked up his rapier--"I knew I could trust you to help me when I need it. Now, let me return the favor." With great agility for a stallion his age, Stallford rushed forward and swung the bronze blade at the discovered lizard.

Success Roll: [dice]2[/dice]

Scared out of its wits at the gleaming metal, the Madfallien Gwen stares forward with dilated pupils.

Effectiveness Roll: [dice]3[/dice]

Sadly, this was not the end for our fine spined friend. The glimmering bronze merely sliced off its tail, splattering blood over the now-multicolored sand. A grimace expressed itself on the Madfallien's maw, almost causing it to cringe, but not so.

Madfallien Gwen 3's Turn:

The lizard tumbled down the slightly slanted slope, legs waving about in panic. Deep within his flattened skull laid a brain, which at this moment was overclocked in an effort to find some genius action to perform.

Success Roll: [dice]4[/dice]

Slightly dusty synapses glowed with previously unused energy, pulsing throughout the rest of the brain. An idea popped up that just might work! If it could coordinate itself juuuust right...

Effectiveness Roll: [dice]5[/dice]

SUCCESS! Back legs spinning, the previously helpless reptile lifted from the ground, hovering approximately 10 feet from the ground.

Mabel's Turn:

The grey pegasus rolled her eyes at Stallford's statement.

"As thoughtful as your sentiment is, Stallford, I doubt I need much more help with this one." As if to prove her point, she lifts her staff and brings it down.

Success Roll: [dice]6[/dice]

And misses. The startlingly lucky Madfallien quivers at what could have been.

"BWAHAHAHA!" Stallford guffaws. "So much for that! Looks like I might need to strike again; take off its legs, perhaps?"

"Oh, hush you!"

Aragan's Turn:

Aragan glanced back and forth, unsure what to do. Unable to think, he fell back onto his university's effectiveness training.

"Well," he reasoned quietly to himself, "my instructors seem to be having difficulty... but that flying Madfallien looks troublesome." Aragan shifted his head back and forth, almost gritting his teeth. "The adventurers are professionals in their field, so I should help my instructors!"

This decisive conundrum conquered, Aragan nervously grasped the shovel handle in his mouth and rushed toward the Madfallien.

Success Roll: [dice]7[/dice]

Effectiveness Roll: [dice]8[/dice]

With a resounding crunch, the Madfallien falls, its luck finally ended. The spine slightly stuck out of its back, bent out of shape by the impact. Aragan blanched at the sight, unnerved by the outcome. The shovel falls from his grip, the back covered in blood.

Fainting Roll (Because why not?!): [dice]9[/dice]

Unable to cope with his actions, Aragan falls to the ground cold, eyes slightly rolled up.

END OF ROUND 2

Map:

TURN ORDER [ROUND 3]:

Unicorn Ninja: 20
Phoenix Wolf: 14
Stallford: 14
Madfallien Gwen 3: 7
Mabel: 3
Aragan: 1

//

I have just noticed how many times I mentioned 'eyes' or some variation of so far... huh. Sorry for taking so long.

-Glyph Reader

//
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige

Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

Glyph Reader

Postby Glyph Reader » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:14 pm

//

Solitary, you are up! I wonder if your mysterious ninja ways will get this pest to die! :P

-Glyph Reader

//
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige

Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

Solitary Performance

Postby Solitary Performance » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:37 am

// Well, if I ninja it dead, it is because it like, ran into my sword. Possibly several times. //

The unicorn ninja shakes herself some, before focusing on the... hovering lizard. She takes stock of what she's got, and carefully sticks her blade in the sand, before she hefts the remains of one of the lizards. A headless body, it seems, because she grabbed the nearest one with her telekinetic grip. She mentally winds up, before she pitches the dead body at the still living lizard, releasing grip on it so it flies easier with inertia, before picking up her blade again.
Is her aim true and adjusted right?
//
[dice]0[/dice]
//

Glyph Reader

Postby Glyph Reader » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:07 pm

Solitary's Turn:

Solitary Performance wrote:// Well, if I ninja it dead, it is because it like, ran into my sword. Possibly several times. //

The unicorn ninja shakes herself some, before focusing on the... hovering lizard. She takes stock of what she's got, and carefully sticks her blade in the sand, before she hefts the remains of one of the lizards. A headless body, it seems, because she grabbed the nearest one with her telekinetic grip. She mentally winds up, before she pitches the dead body at the still living lizard, releasing grip on it so it flies easier with inertia, before picking up her blade again.
Is her aim true and adjusted right?
//
[dice]3318:0[/dice]
//

The Madfallien corpse glided through the air, spiraling towards the Madfallien up high. While the flying lizard was not paying much attention to those on the ground below, it still managed to spot the corpse of its brethren coming towards it. Still used to this newfound ability, the Madfallien attempted to dodge.

Effectiveness Roll: [dice]0[/dice]

The flung corpse barely scraped against the Madfallien, causing its unsteady ascent to slightly decline, now hovering about 3 feet from the ground -- just enough for a good lunge!

(No map: positions stayed the same)

//

Decent throw, Solitary!

-Glyph Reader

//
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige

Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

Glyph Reader

Postby Glyph Reader » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:12 pm

//

Okay Zyonic! Your turn to crunch some lizards!

-Glyph Reader

//
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige

Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

Zyonic

Postby Zyonic » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:55 pm

"Great throw ninjacorn. Now its time to end this."

//The phoenix wolf takes three steps east lining himself up with the madfalien.//

"First kill and last. The fortune must be smiling upon me."

//He charges the lizard at full speed and attempts to lunge at the hovering lizard.//

// [dice]0[/dice] //
Come On Crack A Smile Friend.

Glyph Reader

Postby Glyph Reader » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:02 pm

Zyonic's Turn:

Zyonic wrote:"Great throw ninjacorn. Now its time to end this."

//The phoenix wolf takes three steps east lining himself up with the madfalien.//

"First kill and last. The fortune must be smiling upon me."

//He charges the lizard at full speed and attempts to lunge at the hovering lizard.//

// [dice]3337:0[/dice] //

Excitement flowed through the phoenix wolf's body like blood, clouding his sight as he ran headlong toward the floating Madfallien. Legs tensed, he tried to leap, only to trip on one of the many small pits in the ground.

"Oh-" The wolf's maw was filled with sand, stretching his jaw wide.

Effectiveness Roll (You don't want a high number here...): [dice]0[/dice]

Like any sapient creature, the phoenix wolf attempted to cough only to find he could not breath. Both airways were blocked with the sinister silicone. With such force behind his gait and subsequent fall, it was not surprising to see these results. What would he do?

Stallford's Turn:

Droplets of blood were sprinkled on the ground from the shovel's impact, nearly splattering upon Stallford's hooves. Before a reaction could cross his face, he heard the painful smack of the phoenix wolf adventure as he hit the sand. Instinctively, the wizened stallion turned towards the scene. His training quickly came to mind.

"Mabel," he urged, "go and help that poor child! I will tend to Aragan here."

Stallford rushed over to Aragan's side and checked his status.

Success Roll: [dice]1[/dice]

"Hmm," he murmured. "He seems to have fainted due to heat exhaustion and stress. A good splash of water should do the trick." Stallford carefully took out Aragan's canteen and splashed a small amount on his face and tongue.

Effectiveness Roll: [dice]2[/dice]

For a brief moment, it seemed that Aragan would stir, but he remained prone on the ground.

Madfallien Gwen 3's Turn:

The Madfallien Gwen was having the time of his life; for the first time, it was flying! Of course, some silly mammals wanted to disrupt its joy. With that thought burned into its mind, the lizard attempted to fly at the troublesome ninja, fangs barred.

Success Roll: [dice]3[/dice]

The Madfallien's glee apparently transferred to skill, flying through the air in a beeline towards the unicorn.

Effectiveness Roll: [dice]4[/dice]

Unable to react, the unicorn ninja had to accept the fangs that pierced her right ear, poison pumping through. The once flat Madfallien became more plump from the sucked blood, fuchsia spines sticking out from his back.

// Solitary, you are now poisoned. It is extemely advisable that you get an antidote after the combat round ends. //

Mabel's Turn:

Hearing and understanding the tone of Stallford's command, Mabel dashes off to the chocking phoenix wolf, not noticing the poisoned unicorn in her haste. She keeled down next to the adventurer's muzzle, taking a very brief moment to observe the best way to restore breath to the wolf.

Success Roll: [dice]5[/dice]

After a brief (yet frantic) moment, Mabel hummed with an epiphany. She carefully rolled the phoenix wolf over and exerted thrust with her hooves on his rib cage.

Effectiveness Roll: [dice]6[/dice]

Even with her unsteady hooves, Mabel managed to completely dislodge the sand from his mouth, but not his nose.

// Zyonic, you can now breath, but you can not smell. At all. Well, at least until you can ask her to help you with that or something. //

Aragan's Turn:

~Is unconscious. Tries to wake up.~

Success Roll: [dice]7[/dice]

With a slight uneasiness, Aragan wakes up, unaware of the events around him.

END ROUND 3

Map:

[Sorry, I do not have time to make the map. Basically, the Madfallien is in the same space as Solitary, Mabel is next to Zyonic, and Stallford is next to Aragan.]

//

Okay everyone. Things are going... strange, to say the least. Good luck!

-Glyph Reader

//
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige

Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

Glyph Reader

Postby Glyph Reader » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:05 am

//

Okay Solitary, it is your turn now! :( Sorry for the poison bite. He got a 20 for success...)

-Glyph Reader

//
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige

Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

Return to “Tavern”