Forlorn Vestige

Get right into roleplaying. Set a scene, or join one in progress.
User avatar
Glyph Reader
Posts: 575
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:28 pm
Location: The U.S. of A.

Re: Forlorn Vestige

Postby Glyph Reader » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:33 pm

// Okay everyone. I took a moment to think, and I decided on the following:

1.) At the beginning of every combat encounter, I will roll a d20 for all players and characters, and, depending on the circumstances, with a few bonuses. This will determine the inititives for each player and enemy. The higher the roll, the better.

2.) I will provide a map of the area with the locations of each character and creature. For every action, the map will be updated. This will hopefully assist in ideas and such.

3.) Before you make an action in battle, you will roll two 1d20. The first number will show how successful the action was, and the second number will show the effectiveness of the action. If it is a 20, it is a critical success. If you get a 20, then roll a 1d20+5 for the effectiveness roll plus other bonuses. If it is 10 or above, it suceedes. If it is below 9, it fails. If it is 1, it is a critical failure. The results of a critical failure are... suboptimal affects, often damaging to the party. The outcome of all effectiveness rolls are determined by me, the GM.

For example:
The boar charges.
[dice]0[/dice]
The boar misses the oposition.
Hero swipes with his sword.
[dice]2[/dice]
Hero effectiveness roll.
[dice]3[/dice]
The strike colides with the boar's pelt, slicing a gash into its stomach.
etc.

This is my first draft of my rules for combat. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to ask in the thread or via PM.

Note 1: With using the dice feature on the forums, there is a post by David about how it works.
Note 2: If you are having difficuly with the forum dice roller, then you are welcome to use something that works better for you. Please stay honest!

RULES V.1.1

-Glyph Reader //
[dice]1[/dice]

// This dice roller is annoying... :P //
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige
Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

I have an art request thread here:
Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

User avatar
Glyph Reader
Posts: 575
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:28 pm
Location: The U.S. of A.

Re: Forlorn Vestige

Postby Glyph Reader » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:52 am

Solitary Performance wrote:The sound of blade clearing sheath is heard clearly from the unicorn in robe and cloak. A short katana, or more accurately, a wakazashi, appears out from within the robes, held in the pale green glow of the unicorn's telekinetic grip. Her voice, soft but carrying, like a good stage whisper, comes forth like the wind. "How about their innards, are they as toxic as the bite?" The unicorn then shakes her hood down, a well trimmed, green mane visible as well as the dark pelt caught only in glances. The ninja's blade is brought to bare, ready to cut down the lizards if they get close, the unicorn mare nimble on her hooves as she watches and adjusts position for making sure lizards get cut should they try to make it past her to the team, or her cannonier comrade.


Zyonic wrote:"Well, there's a bright side to this. At least now they won't be able to ambush us." The wolf began aiming his cannon at the Madfallien who stuck its tongue out. "So aside from being bitten by these flattened geckos, is there anything else they have that could pose a threat? Wait there were three of us? Either our third ally overslept or is scouting way up ahead. Nevertheless, more fun for us!"



// as for you rhymes maybe you are part zebra :laugh: //


Initiative Rolls:

Madfallien Gwen 1: [dice]0[/dice]

Madfallien Gwen 2: [dice]1[/dice]

Madfallien Gwen 3: [dice]2[/dice]

Madfallien Gwen 4: [dice]3[/dice]

Madfallien Gwen 5: [dice]4[/dice]

Unicorn Ninja (Solitary Performance): [dice]5[/dice]

Phoenix Wolf (Zyonic): [dice]6[/dice]

Aragan: [dice]7[/dice]

Mabel: [dice]8[/dice]

Stallford: [dice]9[/dice]

TURN ORDER:

Unicorn Ninja: 20
Madfallien Gwen 1: 15
Phoenix Wolf: 14
Stallford: 14
Madfallien Gwen 3: 7
Madfallien Gwen 4: 6
Mabel: 3
Madfallien Gwen 2: 3
Aragan: 1
Madfallien Gwen 5:1

Image
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige
Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

I have an art request thread here:
Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

User avatar
Glyph Reader
Posts: 575
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:28 pm
Location: The U.S. of A.

Re: Forlorn Vestige

Postby Glyph Reader » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:56 pm

//

Solitary, you may take your turn!

-Glyph Reader

//
Last edited by Glyph Reader on Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige
Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

I have an art request thread here:
Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

Solitary Performance
Posts: 147
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:44 am
Location: Blevik
Contact:

Re: Forlorn Vestige

Postby Solitary Performance » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:35 pm

{{ Gah, why'd you have to roll the ninja to be fast? XD }}
The unicorn takes a step back towards the blue shirts... er, archaeologists, so she can better intercept either of the two lizards closest to her should they go for the 'eggheads'. In her loud stage whisper voice, "Cluster up; make sure you don't make it easy for a lizard to get to someone else without you being there to lend a hoof. Better we suck down anti-toxins than let them maim someone and rend this trip asunder."

{Action: Ninja steps one tile south and one west, and readies action to make stabbys at the lizards that might try to get past her (which would be 2 and 3, I guess.) }

User avatar
Glyph Reader
Posts: 575
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:28 pm
Location: The U.S. of A.

Re: Forlorn Vestige

Postby Glyph Reader » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:28 pm

Madfallien Gwen 1's turn:

Hissing in a strange, strangulated manner, the biggest Madfallien twirled toward the noisy, flaming wolf that dared disturb its rest. Tensing its muscles, the Madfallien launched toward the Phoenix Wolf's neck, teeth extended.

Success Roll: [dice]0[/dice]

The Madfallien, twirling its biplane-like back legs, managed to reach the imposing figure. An almost serpentine grin flashed across its face as it bit down into the ember-lined fur.

Effectiveness Roll: [dice]1[/dice]

As it bit down, the embers along the wolf's neck flair, singeing the insides of the Madfallien's mouth before it could sink its fangs in. Squealing in surprise, the lizard jumps off in pain, lying helpless at the Phoenix Wolf's paws. What were once pink lips are now blackened and charred, still bubbling from the heat. A pitiful mew escapes its maw, googly eyes spinning faster than before.

//
Poor Lizard creature!

Anyways, to make sure it is nice and simple to use this system, this is how a turn is structured:

1.) You first decide what you want to do.
2.) Then you roll your Success Roll (If you perform an action that is not regular movement like Solitary just demonstrated).
3.) After you do this, I will show what happens.
4.) I roll the Effectiveness Roll (if you succeed your Success roll).
5.) I describe what happens.
6.) End of your turn.
7.) Then I update the map and post it. The next person (or NPC) starts their turn!

As you can see, you only need to worry about what you need to do adn rolling the Success Roll! Hopefully this works well enough for us all. Now here is the updated map.

MAP:

Image

-Glyph Reader

P,S. Please, if you move your character, mention out of character (Using either brackets [ ... ] or forward slashes // ... // ) where you move on the map. Thank you!
//
Last edited by Glyph Reader on Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige
Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

I have an art request thread here:
Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

User avatar
Glyph Reader
Posts: 575
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:28 pm
Location: The U.S. of A.

Re: Forlorn Vestige

Postby Glyph Reader » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:07 am

//

Zyonic, you may take your turn now! You are welcome to send your post to me for grammar checking, but do not perform the roll until you post it directly in this thread.

-Glyph Reader

//
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige
Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

I have an art request thread here:
Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

User avatar
Zyonic
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:05 pm

Re: Forlorn Vestige

Postby Zyonic » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:55 pm

// ok lets see i take a step west //

"Haha! What's the matter? Never had lupine a la flambe? A doc what symptoms does the poison cause? Now lets see how you like being bitten!"

// Attempts to bite the large Madfallien//
Come On Crack A Smile Friend.

User avatar
Glyph Reader
Posts: 575
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:28 pm
Location: The U.S. of A.

Re: Forlorn Vestige

Postby Glyph Reader » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:12 pm

Zyonic's Turn:

Zyonic wrote:// ok lets see i take a step west //

"Haha! What's the matter? Never had lupine a la flambe? A doc what symptoms does the poison cause? Now lets see how you like being bitten!"

// Attempts to bite the large Madfallien//


Success Roll: [dice]0[/dice]

// I'm sorry Zyonic. So sorry... :despair: //

The young phoenix wolf strutted towards the burnt Madfallien, a humorous sneer spreading across his face. Carelessly stepping to his left, the wolf stumbles on a loose rock, falling head first into the Madfallien before him. Seeing an opportunity, the poor lizard opened its mouth, hoping for a miracle with what brains it had in its small skull.

Effectiveness Roll: [dice]1[/dice]

With a great crunch, the Madfallien's spine is crushed by the sheer weight of the wolf. However, the lizard's final wish is granted; sunken deep into the phoenix wolf's shoulder are the fangs of the Madfallien Gwen. His wolfish eyes dialate, the poison flowing through his blood, slowing his mind and bringing him to partial paralysis. If only he could get to Mabel in time...

Stallford's Turn:

The elder stallion, facing away from the events behind him, did not notice the phoenix wolf fall on the Madfallien in the most painful and dangerous of manners. Not at all; in fact, Stallford was completely focused on the Madfallien closest to him. With practiced finesse, the stallion lunged at the lizard with the bronze rapier, his white mane and tail billowing in the breeze as the air struggled to equalize behind him.

Success Roll: [dice]2[/dice]

Small amounts of sand and dirt were lifted from the sheer force of the movement. So much, in fact, that it went up the stallion's nose, causing the act of breathing to suddenly become a strenuous task. Acting as the body should, it promptly forced the irritant out in the only way it knew how; a sneeze. With an almost equal force to his lunge, a sneeze erupted from Stallford's mouth and nose, promptly returning him to his original spot, if a little more flustered and confused than before.

Madfallien Gwen 3's Turn:

Chuckling in the strange way lizards do, the Madfallien closest to the strange cloaked pony darted forth, attempting to bite the appealing green appendages that were lightly placed upon the ground.

Success Roll (The -5 is for the readiness shown in the last turn): [dice]3[/dice]

Barreling forth with abandon, the lizard attempts to latch on to her legs. Its googly eyes are shining with hunger, ready to eat its first prey in so many moo-

~SLICE~

One of the googly eyes went spiraling through the air, landing on a far away sand drift. A scream of pure agony escaped the poor Madfalien's maw, twitching to and fro on the sandy ground below. The offending blade returned to its ready position, eager to strike again.

Madfallien Gwen 4's Turn:

Seeing the stallion lay on the ground so bewildered, the Madfallien saw an opportunity. The lizard leaped towards the dazed stallion, fangs gleaming in the harsh desert sun.

Success Roll: [dice]4[/dice]

With legs twirling, the Madfallien landed on the stallion's stomach, ready to feast.

Effectiveness Roll: [dice]5[/dice]

Great winds began to billow, causing the Madfallien to fall off of Stallford's stomach, merely grazing his stomach with the fuchsia spines that line the backs of all Madfalliens. Stallford shuddered at the tingling feeling.

Mabel's Turn:

//... This takes so long :P //

Mabel's stance almost faltered as she noticed the state of her colleague. With speed rivaling most pegasi, the gray pegasus flew towards the shivering form of Stallford and the offending Madfallien. Her almond eyes briefly stared at the Madfallien, shimmering with fiery anger that such a creature would dare to hurt one of her long time friends. The Aescalpapius staff was raised...

Success Roll: [dice]6[/dice]

Effectiveness Roll: [dice]7[/dice]

-AND SMACK!!!! The Madfallien was even flatter now, its googly eyes now withered and its propeller-like back legs snapped in eleventy-one-thousand pieces. These remains began to disintegrate into small seeds, sinking into the voluminous dune.

Madfallien Gwen 2's Turn:

The scream of the other Madfallien was still ringing in its ears. Despite witnessing the painful severing of his fourth-aunt-twice-removed's eye, the second in command of the Madfallien Gwens roared with that hoarse and squeeky voice, and charged, almost in a blind rage (if not an adorable one) toward the ninja.

Success Roll: [dice]8[/dice]

Despite the lizard's blue scales shining bright due to the sun above, the little blip that moved on the ground was pathetically easy to locate among the other glittering objects in the sand. This would be no problem for the ninja. She aimed her strike...

Effectiveness Roll (+10 for that terrible success roll): [dice]9[/dice]

The wind once again picked up, swirling with the cursed sands. It went to and fro, almost distracting the ninja.

~SLICE~

Almost being the key word. Once again, a severed limb flew through the air; a head, googly eyes shocked to see its end so fast in battle.

Aragan's Turn:

Aragan slightly heaved at the sight of the ninja slicing the two lizards. To spare himself, he looked in the other direction and noticed the phoenix wolf and his somewhat dire situation. He rushed over muttering panicked phrases under his breath, pulling out one of the antidotes his overseer gave him. A grunt escaped his lips as he attempted to lift the wolf from the Madfallien's poisonous fangs.

Success Roll: [dice]10[/dice]

Just barely being able to lift the poisoned wolf, Aragan set him as gently on the ground as he could with his uneasy hooves. Lifting the antidote, he poured it onto the wound.

Effectiveness Roll: [dice]11[/dice]

The phoenix wolf's expression relaxed, no longer under the danger of cardiac arrest. In fact, he should wake up soon...

// Zyonic, when it is your turn, you will be able to move and do actions again. //

Madfallien Gwen 5's Turn:

The last unharmed Madfallien Gwen, the smallest of the bunch, tentatively slithered behind the terrifying pegasus...

Success Roll: [dice]12[/dice]

Mabel heard the trademark slithering sound and quickly turned around to defend herself against the lizard.

END OF ROUND 1

Map:

Image

// Let Round 2 begin!! //
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige
Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

I have an art request thread here:
Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

User avatar
Glyph Reader
Posts: 575
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:28 pm
Location: The U.S. of A.

Re: Forlorn Vestige

Postby Glyph Reader » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:22 pm

//

Solitary, you may take your turn now! :D You did a great job with that move there.

-Glyph Reader

//
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige
Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

I have an art request thread here:
Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

Solitary Performance
Posts: 147
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:44 am
Location: Blevik
Contact:

Re: Forlorn Vestige

Postby Solitary Performance » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:08 pm

The unicorn gives a simple smile as she not only removes the eye of one of the lizards, but the head of another entirely, as they approached the group. Her attention was away from the fiery wolf, so she got to miss him falling on one, and it mostly still is away from it, as she still has the injured lizard to finish off. Which, she promptly goes to work on finishing.

//The swing says...
[dice]0[/dice]
//


Return to “Tavern”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests