Forlorn Vestige

Get right into roleplaying. Set a scene, or join one in progress.
Glyph Reader

Re: Forlorn Vestige

Postby Glyph Reader » Tue May 13, 2014 9:54 pm

Zyonic wrote:"Alright, I'll make haste of my meal... or what's edible for me at least."

//Takes a few bites from the smoldering pile of lizards//

"By the way, how much further to our destination anyways? Oh, and before we take off again, do any of you know how to get sand out of the nose? As I'd rather continue on this trek being able to smell the air, even if it really is just smelling same old sand."

//Continues roasting and chomping on whatever bits get blackened//

"Not too far from here," Stallford grunted, steadily moving the table with Aragan. "According to my calculations-" he glanced upward, "-we should be there by nightfall if we get moving soon." Reaching the cart, Aragan and Stallford slid the folded table into the spot indicated by Mabel.

Hearing Ogon's question, Mabel walked over to him, a small metal box lying across her outstretched wings. "I did promise, didn't I?"

Giving the Phoenix Wolf a moment to finish up his meal, she slide the box to the ground, carefully pulling out a small piece of cotton, a thin-lipped vial of water with a strange bubble attached to it, and a small stack of thin square-shaped pieces of soft fabric.

//

I don't think you want me to detail the process to you (unless you want that... just PM me and I'll type it up for you :moustache: )

//

After several tense moments and an unfortunate scorch-mark on the metal box, Ogon could once again feel the arid wind glide up his cleansed nostrils.

Solitary Performance wrote:Backdrop hefts the black box out of the hole with the grip of her telekinesis, moving it into a bag that, at first glance, just seems to be more folds of her cloak cover. "There is no need for assistance, but I thank you for the offer. Am used to manhandling things, comes with parts of my job when I'm not out and about."

With everything packed, Mabel picked up the extra harness and attached it to the cart alongside the other. She turned towards towards the group. "Before we start moving, who's willing to pull the cart?"

//

I was hoping to get us moving towards the ruins this post, but the realization that the cart needs to be pulled made me add this tidbit in. Once that is decided, the group will begin the trek towards the ruins. When the traveling begins, I'll give you guys a few days from the post's posting to role-play (if you want) the events along the way. At some point during those days (I won't say when), I will roll for a random encounter. :laugh: I need to start drawing up the random encounter table for the upcoming areas.

I have something to say; thank you, all of you, for sticking here for so long. It has been fun so far, even with so much time spent in this small camp in the middle of the desert. I have learned quite a bit since I wrote the introduction back in December, so I have had a lot of time to think about the location. :adventure: All I can say is, "DO YOU LIKE ADVENTURE!?! Well, you got it." :)

-Glyph Reader

//
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige
Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

I have an art request thread here:
Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

Zyonic

Postby Zyonic » Thu May 15, 2014 4:05 pm

//Takes a deep breath through his nose and lets out a sigh.//

"Much better. Thanks Mabel! It's great to be able to smell again. I'd be more than willing to pull the cart; besides, it can't be that far from the ruins, can it? Wait a second will it even fit over my cannon?"
Come On Crack A Smile Friend.

TaliaKirana

Postby TaliaKirana » Fri May 16, 2014 2:50 pm

"If you can't pull it Ogon, I can pull it again," Amethyst says. "Just need to watch my step so I don't get stuck again!"

Glyph Reader

Postby Glyph Reader » Sat May 17, 2014 5:55 pm

With their decision made, the group began their journey into the great desert expanse. Occasionally, sand was lifted by the thieving winds, trying to obscure the path. But they traveled onwards.

The sun beat down on their heads, making all but the fiery Phoenix Wolf sweat profusely. Slowly, but surely, the sun fell from its throne in the sky; brilliant red and orange light emanating over the sand. Then, with serene grace, the moon took its place, toning the once vibrant desert to an indigo and bringing a sudden chill to the once warm air.

//

Note: I am about to roll a random encounter roll. The roll is a 1d10. If the die is 6 or lower, there is no encounter. If the die is 7 or higher, then there will be one. The higher the encounter roll, the harder the fight. Let me get this die rolling!

//

Random Encounter: [dice]0[/dice]

As Aragan walked alongside his two mentors, he felt a slight tremble in the ground deep below them. He stopped, anxiousness flooding his expression.

"Uh, Stallford?" Aragan sputtered, nervously rubbing his leg.

The ancient stallion paused his steady stride. "Ogon! Amythyst! Stop for a moment!" Stallford turned his head to Aragan. "Yes, Aragan?" A weariness was evident in his gaze.

Aragan balked a bit. "Err, well, you know how I can detect activity underground due to my special tal-"

"Yes yes. And?" His eyelids drooped slightly.

Aragan let out a shaky breath. "I-I detect a large movement coming directly towards us!"

Stallford's eyes widened. Mabel gasped. "There's only one thing that I know of that can do that!"

Stallford briefly rubs his temples, exchanging his weary gaze for a more frantic, yet resolute one. "Mabel! You and I will get the harnesses off Ogon and Amythyst respectively." Mabel nodded. Stallford walked up and looked Aragan straight in the eyes. "Aragan. I trust you know the danger. You will give constant updates of the beast's location as we get prepared."

Give no time to let Aragan respond, Stallford ran with Mabel (who was gliding) to the harnesses. Shakily nodding, Aragan's horn began to pulse a dark magenta as he focused on the task at hand. The moments flew by as Amythyst, Backdrop, Mabel, Ogon and Stallford prepared their weapons. As they moved to an area slightly away from the cart to keep it safe, they filled the adventurers in on the situation.

In the land that King Jerilous once reigned over, before the great sandstorm of malice ravaged the land, there were three monsters that were known for their great threat; the goofy, but deadly Madfallien Gwen; the fearsome Sand Stalker, known for their blood lust; and the stealthy Tywodden. The Tywodden is a large worm -- the diameter of about six Phoenix Wolves stacked on top of each other. Despite its size, it is rarely noticed before gobbling its prey in large pincers found on either end. Due to the relative seclusion of King Jerilous's realm, little else is known about them.

Just as Mabel and Stallford finished explaining, Aragan cried out, "We have about ten seconds! Prepare yourselves!"

In those ten seconds, everyone -- even Aragan -- takes a brave pose, ready to leap out of the way.

Ten... nine... eight... seven... six... five... four...

Three... two...

One...

With great speed, everyone jumped out of the way as a gray blur shoots through the ground. A brief half-second later, the worm thumped to the ground, the hole already filled up due to the loose sand. The Tywodden was a sight to behold in terror; green pincers encased in grime and sand; a gaping maw reminiscent of the gates of Tartarus; and a streamlined, sand-colored body that was almost indistinguishable from the desert it laid on. It screeched in anger -- its prey has escaped its grasp!

The adventurers and archaeologists prepared themselves.

//

Aaaand... cut! That was a great shot, team!

Descriptions are your friends, not just food! Initiative and the Map in the next post. Please wait for that post!! Hope your first combat is enjoyable, Talia!

-Glyph Reader

//
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige

Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

Glyph Reader

Postby Glyph Reader » Sat May 17, 2014 7:36 pm

Initiative Rolls:

Note: Due to the worm being suprised and the group preparing before the battle, everyone except the Tywodden gets a +2 to initiative.

Amethyst: [dice]0[/dice]
Aragan: [dice]1[/dice]
Backdrop: [dice]2[/dice]
Mabel: [dice]3[/dice]
Ogon: [dice]4[/dice]
Stallford: [dice]5[/dice]

Tywodden: [dice]6[/dice]

Map:

Round 1:

Turn Order:

Aragan
Amethyst
Backdrop
Ogon
Tywodden
Stallford
Mabel

//

So. That is something. Once I post Aragan's turn, you guys can post. Make sure you follow the turn order; Talia, Solitary, then Zyonic. I, of course, play everything else as intelligently as I can.

Talia -- if you do not know how combat works with Forlorn Vestige, here is how it works:

1.) Say what your character does (eg. attacks monster, tries to fix broken leg, tries to run away, etc.)
    2.) You roll a d20, which you label as 'Success Roll'.
That is it. Once you do that, post and I'll respond to it. From there, I do my thing (eg. saying what happens, rolling effectiveness if necessary, saying what happens.) If you need anymore clarification, feel free to ask me anything you want!

-Glyph Reader

//
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige

Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

Glyph Reader

Postby Glyph Reader » Sat May 17, 2014 8:51 pm

Aragan's Turn:

Aragan was flooded with adrenalin. His leap from the Tywodden's earthen lunge brought him far away from the beast. He watched it flail in anger. Focusing his magic once more, Aragan brought out a spell rune. Filling it with a large dose of energy, he threw it towards the large Tywodden.

Success Roll: [dice]0[/dice]

As the rune flew through the air, the Tywodden was thrashing back and forth. In an unfortunate turn of events, the rune missed the beast as it moved from side to side. Mere seconds later, a bright flash silhouetted the beast, followed by a large shock-wave.

Effectiveness Roll: [dice]1[/dice]

The air compressed slightly, but little else happened. Aragan facehoofed, 'I rushed it! I should have put more power in it...'

//

Okay! Let the posts begin! Also, how does everyone like the new post? Say so in the post you make as a OOC remark.

-Glyph Reader

//
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige

Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

TaliaKirana

Postby TaliaKirana » Wed May 21, 2014 8:12 am

Amethyst draws her sword and charges the giant worm.

[dice]0[/dice]

Glyph Reader

Postby Glyph Reader » Wed May 21, 2014 12:04 pm

TaliaKirana wrote:Amethyst draws her sword and charges the giant worm.

[dice]4030:0[/dice]

// Since this is your first combat action in the campaign, I'll roll you a mercy roll //

Mercy Roll: [dice]0[/dice]

// Well, so much for mercy... Funnily enough, it is the same mercy roll I made for Zyonic way back in the first combat encounter... //

When the Tywodden launched itself from the ground, it brought with it various stones and debris that tends to sink under the sea of sand as time passes. Unfortunately, Amethyst charged directly into the largest (and pointest) rock in the entire area.

Effectiveness Roll: [dice]1[/dice]

Not realizing her mistake in time, Amethyst makes contact with the rock, nearly knocking her senseless. The collision was so hard, it caused her weapon to fall from her grasp.

//

:sheepish: Better luck next turn, Talia. Solitary, you are up!

-Glyph Reader

//
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige

Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

Solitary Performance

Postby Solitary Performance » Wed May 21, 2014 7:58 pm

The stage ninja moves in to the worm. "First lizards, now sandworms. What's next, a friendly zombie thrall and their necromancer? A cache of spices that move as if they were a flow of water?"
Her familiar blade comes forth, and a smirk on her face, as a second, shorter-still, blade comes out of hiding, the ninja making a crossed slash at the side of the worm.

Success attempt: [dice]0[/dice]

Glyph Reader

Postby Glyph Reader » Thu May 22, 2014 5:17 pm

Solitary Performance wrote:The stage ninja moves in to the worm. "First lizards, now sandworms. What's next, a friendly zombie thrall and their necromancer? A cache of spices that move as if they were a flow of water?"
Her familiar blade comes forth, and a smirk on her face, as a second, shorter-still, blade comes out of hiding, the ninja making a crossed slash at the side of the worm.

Success attempt: [dice]4033:0[/dice]

Against all odds, the Tywodden, while flailing about, moved just enough to avoid getting its side slashed open.

//

Okay Zyonic! You can go now. :D

-Glyph Reader

//
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige

Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

Return to “Tavern”