Forlorn Vestige

Get right into roleplaying. Set a scene, or join one in progress.
Solitary Performance

Re: Forlorn Vestige

Postby Solitary Performance » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:07 am

The unicorn takes one look at box and skull and turns to face camp. Her voice drifts back, a strange mix of the stage whisper and a yell, "I found something in one of the lizard holes, looks like what could be a box, and a pony skull."
The unicorn hovers, figuratively, where she turned, to give a response time before she considers recovery of things.

TaliaKirana

Postby TaliaKirana » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:09 am

"We should be careful in retrieving the box," Amethyst says. "Let's try not to disturb the remains of that poor pony anymore than we have to."

Glyph Reader

Postby Glyph Reader » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:52 am

//

I'll wait for Zyonic's post first before making my post

-Glyph Reader

//
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige
Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

I have an art request thread here:
Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

Zyonic

Postby Zyonic » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:31 pm

"So long as the box don't bring these carved bodies to life, I say take it and we'll check it out later."

//Takes deep breath before setting the lizard bodies ablaze.//

"Roasty toasty. Roasty toasty lizards. Burn 'em to crispy bits. Smolder 'em to ashy dust. Roasty toasty lizards."
Come On Crack A Smile Friend.

TaliaKirana

Postby TaliaKirana » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:52 pm

Amethyst blinks and takes a step back, while watching the strange behavior of the phoenix wolf.

Glyph Reader

Postby Glyph Reader » Sun May 04, 2014 9:38 pm

Solitary Performance wrote:The unicorn takes one look at box and skull and turns to face camp. Her voice drifts back, a strange mix of the stage whisper and a yell, "I found something in one of the lizard holes, looks like what could be a box, and a pony skull."
The unicorn hovers, figuratively, where she turned, to give a response time before she considers recovery of things.

TaliaKirana wrote:"We should be careful in retrieving the box," Amethyst says. "Let's try not to disturb the remains of that poor pony anymore than we have to."

Mabel hums to herself as she scans some lists in her large book. "Well, if you want to take that, its yours,"she absentmindedly calls out. "After all, we aren't at the dig-site yet. Our contracts rules about the treasure only apply for items found at the site itself."

Zyonic wrote:"So long as the box don't bring these carved bodies to life, I say take it and we'll check it out later."

//Takes deep breath before setting the lizard bodies ablaze.//

"Roasty toasty. Roasty toasty lizards. Burn 'em to crispy bits. Smolder 'em to ashy dust. Roasty toasty lizards."

TaliaKirana wrote:Amethyst blinks and takes a step back, while watching the strange behavior of the phoenix wolf.

Peering from his place in between the pages of his book, Aragan leans toward Amethyst. "If I remember, in one of my Biology classes, we learned that one of the most interesting traits of the Phoenix Wolf is their need for ash and other such byproducts of setting things aflame. I would've thought that you'd have read about that at some point, being a paladin for Princess Luminance and all. Then again, I guess you haven't got to those books yet or something."

Mabel let out a sigh as she set down the cumbersome book. "Okay everyone," she shouted over the wind, "we seem to have everything. Ogon; you may have to eat quickly or take those with you. Backdrop; if you want to take that thing you found, you will need to find some way of carrying it. There is not room on the cart, so you'll need to get creative. Stallford, Aragan; please get our eatery items put away before we loose them to the wind. Amethyst... hmm." Mabel paused. "you can help out whomever you want. I'll be double-checking our route to the dig-site."

With their prior argument seemingly forgotten, Stallford and Aragan began to fold the portable tables and chairs, Mabel going through a chart of the desert.

//

I'm going to try to get things moving so we don't stay here forever. :P

-Glyph Reader

//
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige

Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

TaliaKirana

Postby TaliaKirana » Thu May 08, 2014 10:26 pm

Glyph Reader wrote:Peering from his place in between the pages of his book, Aragan leans toward Amethyst. "If I remember, in one of my Biology classes, we learned that one of the most interesting traits of the Phoenix Wolf is their need for ash and other such byproducts of setting things aflame. I would've thought that you'd have read about that at some point, being a paladin for Princess Luminance and all. Then again, I guess you haven't got to those books yet or something."

Amethyst, grinning sheepishly, "Oh yeah, I remember that now. I'm afraid I tended to pay more attention to the books on magic than culture."

Glyph Reader wrote:Mabel let out a sigh as she set down the cumbersome book. "Okay everyone," she shouted over the wind, "we seem to have everything. Ogon; you may have to eat quickly or take those with you. Backdrop; if you want to take that thing you found, you will need to find some way of carrying it. There is not room on the cart, so you'll need to get creative. Stallford, Aragan; please get our eatery items put away before we loose them to the wind. Amethyst... hmm." Mabel paused. "you can help out whomever you want. I'll be double-checking our route to the dig-site."

With their prior argument seemingly forgotten, Stallford and Aragan began to fold the portable tables and chairs, Mabel going through a chart of the desert.

"Backdrop, could you use a hand retrieving that box?" Amethyst asks.

Glyph Reader

Postby Glyph Reader » Fri May 09, 2014 6:15 am

TaliaKirana wrote:
Glyph Reader wrote:Peering from his place in between the pages of his book, Aragan leans toward Amethyst. "If I remember, in one of my Biology classes, we learned that one of the most interesting traits of the Phoenix Wolf is their need for ash and other such byproducts of setting things aflame. I would've thought that you'd have read about that at some point, being a paladin for Princess Luminance and all. Then again, I guess you haven't got to those books yet or something."

Amethyst, grinning sheepishly, "Oh yeah, I remember that now. I'm afraid I tended to pay more attention to the books on magic than culture."

Aragan leans back again. "U-uh I probably should have realized tha-"

"Aragan!" Stallford called. "We need to get packed up!"

"Umm... sorry Amethyst; I need to help Stallford with packing." Aragan placed his book in his bags, then rushed to Stallford.

//

This is steadily moving to an exciting destination! What will you discover (hopefully) within the next two post of Forlorn Vestige! I'm awaiting those posts. :-)

-Glyph Reader

//
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige

Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

Solitary Performance

Postby Solitary Performance » Fri May 09, 2014 8:33 am

Backdrop hefts the black box out of the hole with the grip of her telekinesis, moving it into a bag that, at first glance, just seems to be more folds of her cloak cover. "There is no need for assistance, but I thank you for the offer. Am used to manhandling things, comes with parts of my job when I'm not out and about."

Zyonic

Postby Zyonic » Fri May 09, 2014 4:09 pm

"Alright, I'll make haste of my meal... or what's edible for me at least."

//Takes a few bites from the smoldering pile of lizards//

"By the way, how much further to our destination anyways? Oh, and before we take off again, do any of you know how to get sand out of the nose? As I'd rather continue on this trek being able to smell the air, even if it really is just smelling same old sand."

//Continues roasting and chomping on whatever bits get blackened//
Come On Crack A Smile Friend.

Return to “Tavern”