Forlorn Vestige

Get right into roleplaying. Set a scene, or join one in progress.
TaliaKirana

Re: Forlorn Vestige

Postby TaliaKirana » Tue May 27, 2014 11:07 am

Amethyst studies the corpse. "I am glad everyone seems to be alright. I don't know why we were having such trouble hitting the Tywodden at first."

Zyonic

Postby Zyonic » Tue May 27, 2014 5:08 pm

//Looks at the recently deceased tywodden then his fellow adventurers. Begins reloading his cannon//

"Well that was fun even if we had a hell of a time trying to attack that over grown worm. But i have a quick question. Well actually a few of them. One, this place Isn't cursed now is it? Not that I'm scared of curses or anything but i'd rather not spend a long dancing with an enemy just constantly getting bad luck til of one of us gets a lucky break and deals a killing blow. Two,how in the world did Aragan know it was coming? Can he see the future or something? Third, are you gonna collect samples of the tywodden Mabel and is it edible? Oh and please tell me we aren't gonna make camp here as i'm quite certain that the remains of giant dead animal would more than likely draw other creatures attention."
Come On Crack A Smile Friend.

Solitary Performance

Postby Solitary Performance » Wed May 28, 2014 7:24 am

The ninja sheaths her weapons. "Whatever the worm broke on its last lunge, was all we needed to harm it. I do hope we run to better luck with the rest of this, lest we end up with a fond remembrance of the lizards we fought first, and wistfully yearn for more happenings like them."

Glyph Reader

Postby Glyph Reader » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:15 am

TaliaKirana wrote:Amethyst studies the corpse. "I am glad everyone seems to be alright. I don't know why we were having such trouble hitting the Tywodden at first."

From the air above, Mabel landed next to Amethyst, exhaustion breaking her usually calm demeanor. "This may sound selfish, but I'm glad that I could fly out of reach." A shudder went through her. "We need to get going as soon as we can, or we are going to freeze."

Zyonic wrote://Looks at the recently deceased tywodden then his fellow adventurers. Begins reloading his cannon//

"Well that was fun even if we had a hell of a time trying to attack that over grown worm. But i have a quick question. Well actually a few of them. One, this place Isn't cursed now is it? Not that I'm scared of curses or anything but i'd rather not spend a long dancing with an enemy just constantly getting bad luck til of one of us gets a lucky break and deals a killing blow. Two,how in the world did Aragan know it was coming? Can he see the future or something? Third, are you gonna collect samples of the tywodden Mabel and is it edible? Oh and please tell me we aren't gonna make camp here as i'm quite certain that the remains of giant dead animal would more than likely draw other creatures attention."

Stallford blinked. "Well, we don't know much about this desert, really -- just about the most prominent monsters. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a curse, but I doubt it." He frowned for a brief moment. "As for Aragan... Hey, Aragan," he called, "come over here for a second!"

Aragan trotted right over. "Yes, Stallford?"

"Tell this fine adventurer how you knew the Tywodden was coming."

Shifting his hooves slightly, Aragan began to explain. "Well, as you can probably tell, I am a unicorn. I have a talent for digging and using explosives of all kinds. With my magic, I can sense movements in the ground -- very useful when on an archaeological dig. It was rather lucky that I scanned at the right time.

"Well, there you go," Stallford said simply. "We should get moving soon."

Solitary Performance wrote:The ninja sheaths her weapons. "Whatever the worm broke on its last lunge, was all we needed to harm it. I do hope we run to better luck with the rest of this, lest we end up with a fond remembrance of the lizards we fought first, and wistfully yearn for more happenings like them."

While Aragan was explaining to Ogon, Mabel was examining the head of the monstrous worm. "To answer your wondering, it seems that it broke some vertebra when it bashed it's head into the ground the second time."

Stallford walked into the middle of the group. "Adventurers! If there is something you want to do before we move with all haste to the base, do it now! Mabel, Aragan! We need to do a quick check of the cart to make sure nothing got lost."

//

If there is something you want to check or examine or search or whatever you want to do before we leave, I'd advise doing it now.

It has been a while since I posted, hasn't it. Sorry for taking so long. Sooooo... :sheepish: How are things? Things have cooled off in the Tavern recently. Anything in particular happen? Regardless, have a great day.

-Glyph Reader

//
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige
Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

I have an art request thread here:
Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

TaliaKirana

Postby TaliaKirana » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:51 am

"I suggest we keep moving. I don't want to be near this thing any longer than we have to," Amethyst states.

Zyonic

Postby Zyonic » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:27 am

//Pokes the tywooden corpse with paw//

"Well my cannon is loaded and I'm all set to go. Wait a minuet we fought those poisonous lizards Madfallien gwen. Then a tywooden. All we need now is a Sand Stalker and we'll have slayed a whole set."
Come On Crack A Smile Friend.

Glyph Reader

Postby Glyph Reader » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:53 am

TaliaKirana wrote:"I suggest we keep moving. I don't want to be near this thing any longer than we have to," Amethyst states.

Zyonic wrote://Pokes the tywooden corpse with paw//

"Well my cannon is loaded and I'm all set to go. Wait a minuet we fought those poisonous lizards Madfallien gwen. Then a tywooden. All we need now is a Sand Stalker and we'll have slayed a whole set."

After briefly chuckling at Ogon's joke, Stallford trotted to the cart where Mabel was, the lines on his face creasing as he frowned. "Mabel, is everything in order? Nothing was lost?"

Mabel looked up from her list. "Yes, thankfully," she said. "Everything has been accounted for."

"Good." Stallford breathed a sigh of relief. "Let us get to the ruins before we freeze."

And so, the adventurers and archaeologists continued onwards to the vestiges of Castle Jerlouis. The sun had retired for the day, and the moon loomed proudly over the land below, bathing it in soft blue light. A breeze flowed across the wind swept sands, creating small dust devils that spun with a strange beauty.

After two hours of sand, walking, and sand, the castle was a mere hundred feet away.

Well, if you could even call it a castle any more.

Large, grey and brown slabs of stone littered the ground around the tumbled and crumbled walls. Various broken down huts and houses surrounded the large building of stone in the center. On this stone building, a solid metal door stood firm.

"Huh. I wonder why so much is still intact after so much time in the desert?" Aragan pondered.

"Well, we will be finding out, now won't we?" Stallford replied. "Now, we need to get set up quickly before it really gets cold."

After a short time, the tents and equipment was properly unloaded and set up, and the party retired for the night.

In the morning, Stallford gathered everyone for a brief meeting.

"Okay, everyone!" Stallford roared joyously, "It is time to get this party started. Now, Mabel, Aragan and I will be planning our approach to getting in the building. Meanwhile, we need the castle itself scouted out for monsters and other traps. I trust that you can do that well enough?"

//

Well, I had some difficulty with this one. :sheepish:

It turns out that thinking of a campaign and not fully cementing the area makes it a chore to properly describe. I hope the description is okay for now.

Oh, and no one will notice that I changed the castle's destruction from six years ago to sixty years ago to make it more nonsensical for a group of archaeologists to be going through it. :crazy:

-Glyph Reader

//
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige
Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

I have an art request thread here:
Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

TaliaKirana

Postby TaliaKirana » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:27 pm

"Well, we should be careful. Either the parts that survived have strong defensive magic, or this place isn't as abandoned as we thought," Amethyst says, as she unhooks herself from the cart. She checks to make sure her sword is in reach, her saddle-bags secure, and her armor fits properly.

(She may be quirky, but stupid she isn't.)

Return to “Tavern”