Forlorn Vestige

Get right into roleplaying. Set a scene, or join one in progress.
Glyph Reader

Forlorn Vestige

Postby Glyph Reader » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:37 am

Great billowing winds tore at the earth, carving groves chaotically in it's wake. From the tall sand dune they stood upon, five figures could see the vestiges of a once fine castle. Of course, being fine did not except the castle from corruption.

Sixty years previously, a humble king lived in this castle. King Jerlouis the envied, as he was called, ruled with a caring hand, protecting his small village from the harms of the surrounding desert monsters. He would use all funds not for his rooms and such, but rather for the benefit of his people. People who visited were almost jealous of the king's subject's adoration for him. However, one terrible day occurred. A massive sandstorm filled with the hatred of the starved monsters amassed and began attacking the castle, acting and moving like a sentient being. Its sheer presence created arid winds which sweep the land to this day. Once the castle fell, the sandstorm seemingly vanished for unknown reasons. Only those that were on the nearby hill farming were spared from the vicious onslaught. With nowhere to go, the farmers fled the area, reaching a small village 20 miles from the hilltop, telling the people (and by proxy, the world) of their terrible misfortune.

The years have passed, and a group of archaeologists and adventurers have teamed up to figure out what caused such a calamity.

Of the five figures, three of them could be seen practically bouncing with excitement, almost giddy with wonder. The first was an old earth-bound pony stallion with light blue fur and sporadically styled long white mane and tail, wearing the classic jacket and fedora combination. The saddlebags on his back carried nothing, for they would need some place to put artifacts. His green eyes could be seen sparkling in the sunlight, exuberantly calculating where they should go first. The mark of destiny on his flank was a compass over an abacus.

The second was a pegasus mare with medium grey fur and short, braided black mane and tail, all the while wearing glasses over her almond eyes. Most of her body was cloaked in a white lab coat, and her back was seated with saddlebags filled with scientific equipment and healing aids. What stuck out the most, however, was an iron Aescalpapius staff, shining in the desert sun. Her gaze, while exited, was much more controlled then the stallion beside her. On her flank was a mark of destiny; a pink potion and a Aesculapius staff crossing each other.

Lastly, a dark pink unicorn stallion with straight, brown medium length mane and tail stood with anxiety lacing his excitement. On the lapel of his grey vest was a tag that read, "Aragan: Apprentice of Archaeologist Stallford and Medical Practitioner Mabel. If found, please contact the University for Ambitious Impracticalities." His blue eyes shifted left and right, clearly nervous about the task ahead of him. On his back was a small set of unassuming saddlebags and a shovel. The mark of destiny on his flank was a shovel and alchemist's fire next to a hole.

The silence was deafening; even the arid wind ahead of them would not be as bad as this. Who would break the silence?

// Welcome! If you have any questions, please ask!

P.S. The number is not limited. The 'five figures' line is a placeholder.

P.P.S Since there are 3 characters currently 'signed up,' so to speak, I am starting up now. Waiting for you, Iyroku! :P

Current # of positions filled: 2 (3 when Iyroku posts)
//
Last edited by Glyph Reader on Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:41 am, edited 6 times in total.
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige
Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

I have an art request thread here:
Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

Glyph Reader

Re: Forlorn Vestige

Postby Glyph Reader » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:27 pm

// Hmm... is anyone interested? If you do find this interesting, just say so, please. That way I don't hover constantly... //
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige

Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

Solitary Performance

Postby Solitary Performance » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:49 pm

// I'm interested, I've just got the end of term looming over my head for this and next week, or else I'd've put my dopple ninja in already. //

IryokuHikari

Postby IryokuHikari » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:55 pm

((Its the same for me, really, but I can jump in and get things rolling, if you want.))

Glyph Reader

Postby Glyph Reader » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:10 pm

IryokuHikari wrote:((Its the same for me, really, but I can jump in and get things rolling, if you want.))

//
Hmm... if you think it will not cause issues with your end of term, then go ahead! Of course, I will wait until school goes out for most of us before I start the main story. When do you think it would be most convinient? My school's schedule has a history of being rather wacky, so it would be useful to have a definitive day. My finals are not until after winter/christmas break, so anytime would be good. :)

Can't wait!
Glyph Reader

//
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige

Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

IryokuHikari

Postby IryokuHikari » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:42 pm

Glyph Reader wrote:
IryokuHikari wrote:((Its the same for me, really, but I can jump in and get things rolling, if you want.))

//
Hmm... if you think it will not cause issues with your end of term, then go ahead! Of course, I will wait until school goes out for most of us before I start the main story. When do you think it would be most convinient? My school's schedule has a history of being rather wacky, so it would be useful to have a definitive day. My finals are not until after winter/christmas break, so anytime would be good. :)

Can't wait!
Glyph Reader

//

((AFTER Break? You poor, poor soul. I feel ever so badly for you. :cry: :fbad: :sleepy: :sorrow: I'll be probably the same in and out (well, in more frequently) as I have been. The wonder of play by post is that you can do it whenever. I can start now, and do whatever whenever. I'm flexible :P )

Glyph Reader

Postby Glyph Reader » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:35 pm

IryokuHikari wrote:((AFTER Break? You poor, poor soul. I feel ever so badly for you. :cry: :fbad: :sleepy: :sorrow: I'll be probably the same in and out (well, in more frequently) as I have been. The wonder of play by post is that you can do it whenever. I can start now, and do whatever whenever. I'm flexible :P )

// Aww, don't worry! I have never had problems with tests. I can understand why others would have issues...

Also, when does winter/christmas break start for you? This will help me gauge when to start leading. //
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige

Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

IryokuHikari

Postby IryokuHikari » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:37 pm

Glyph Reader wrote:
IryokuHikari wrote:((AFTER Break? You poor, poor soul. I feel ever so badly for you. :cry: :fbad: :sleepy: :sorrow: I'll be probably the same in and out (well, in more frequently) as I have been. The wonder of play by post is that you can do it whenever. I can start now, and do whatever whenever. I'm flexible :P )

// Aww, don't worry! I have never had problems with tests. I can understand why others would have issues...

Also, when does winter/christmas break start for you? This will help me gauge when to start leading. //

((Yarr, I be in the teeth o' me exams right now! In fact, I be procrastinating studying in order to be postin' this here missive! I regret NOTHIN' ! (I really don't study very much at all lol, so Im not missing anything)))

Solitary Performance

Postby Solitary Performance » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:51 am

// In my case, next week is finals week, so around late the 11th, or morning of the 12th, I'll g into being not-school for a few weeks. //

IryokuHikari

Postby IryokuHikari » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:23 pm

((I'm done, whenever you are ready.))

Return to “Tavern”