A New Star Rises

Get right into roleplaying. Set a scene, or join one in progress.
David
Site Admin

A New Star Rises

Postby David » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:57 pm

The sun grows heavy, the Sun Queen drawing her majesty towards slumber, her duties complete for a day. Already the moon is high, pregnant with possibility and promising for a bright evening. The streets are filled with the soft sounds of dozens on dozens of hooves scuffling across the cobblestones of the busy Viljatown marketplace.

For most people, this was a fine day to drink, meet new and old friends, and be merry. For those with the right connections, this was the day one could buy the most rare of apples, that can grant flight to the flightless, for a time. The marketplace is lit up suddenly, fireworks cascading across the sky in a brilliant display as the sun yields for them, as if accepting the pony's work as a good night lullaby.

OOC Notes: What is this madness? David starting a thread in here? I thought we were safe from him in this one place! Nope, I'm getting in on the act. :moustache: Feel free to play any ponyfinder race(Which include the core pathfinder races) as this is a very metropolitan city(Viljatown). The time frame is during the height of the empire, though after the Queen has withdrawn from this city, once capital of the empire.

Most important rule, have fun! <3

Glyph Reader

Re: A New Star Rises

Postby Glyph Reader » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:16 pm

OOC: Before I start jumping up and down with excitement, how will the campaign be done? Will it be stat based (as in you need to make a character sheet), non stat based, a mix, other? Would one of us just start us off like in the others? Any other requirements?
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige
Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

I have an art request thread here:
Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:23 pm

OOC: Well, I set a scene, figured folks could pose in with whatever they're playing what why they may be enjoying the night festival. Plenty of reason for a lot of different sorts to be out and about, from innocent game playing and festivities to black market trading to get some of them apples. If you have a sheet, great! A lot easier to make a roll if it comes up. If not, eh, don't stress about it. It's about the story.

Glyph Reader

Postby Glyph Reader » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:22 pm

David wrote:OOC: Well, I set a scene, figured folks could pose in with whatever they're playing what why they may be enjoying the night festival. Plenty of reason for a lot of different sorts to be out and about, from innocent game playing and festivities to black market trading to get some of them apples. If you have a sheet, great! A lot easier to make a roll if it comes up. If not, eh, don't stress about it. It's about the story.

// Okay then! Lets begin, shall we? //

A swift, cheerful blur ran across the cobblestone streets as the fireworks went off, showering his young, orange coat with a spectrum of colors. Deep blue eyes stared up at the pretty display, wonder filling his excitement addled mind. Idly blowing the locks of dark gray hair that constantly fell out of place due to his horn out of his eyes, the colt stopped at what appeared to be an apple stand. With a grin that would win a gold medal, he walks up to the tall elf that is wearing an apron.

"Hello there Fenrold," he says, "how goes the business? I heard you were giving out... 'special' apples. Personally, I would think that since I am such a good good friend to you, that I would get at least one, hmm?"

// And here we go! If you can't tell, this is a childhood version of Glyph Reader. He is planned to be an archaeologist (he is currently blank, if that makes sense), so I will let you decide how to work with that :troll: //
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige

Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:28 pm

The elf gives a subtle glance as he produces a large, delicious, but mundane looking apple, "For you, I always have quality apples," he says with a smile, giving it a spin to balance on a finger, a trick done to impress the local non fingered crowd often enough to become a trademark of the trader. "They're all special, don't you know? But what brings a colt like yourself looking for unique apples on this warm summer evening?"

The elf's features dance as the fireworks above cast odd shadows across it and the almost concealed form of someone else behind him in the stall is visible for the briefest of moments before shrinking back into the darkness.

Glyph Reader

Postby Glyph Reader » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:32 pm

David wrote:The elf gives a subtle glance as he produces a large, delicious, but mundane looking apple, "For you, I always have quality apples," he says with a smile, giving it a spin to balance on a finger, a trick done to impress the local non fingered crowd often enough to become a trademark of the trader. "They're all special, don't you know? But what brings a colt like yourself looking for unique apples on this warm summer evening?"

The elf's features dance as the fireworks above cast odd shadows across it and the almost concealed form of someone else behind him in the stall is visible for the briefest of moments before shrinking back into the darkness.

The orange colt rolls his eyes. "Pfft, you should know of the mystical apples; you know, the ones said to let you fly! I even heard that they give us children our mark of destiny!" Indeed, on his flank, there was a noticeably blank spot where there should have been a mark of destiny. "You know better than anyone how much I have done to try and find my destiny! You remember the evocation incident, right? You know, the time I was trying to push things around... right next to your apple stand... I hope you are not still mad about that, are you?"
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige

Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:39 pm

Fenrold crosses his arms after setting the apple on his simple wooden plank of a counter. "I have a long memory, which means I didn't forget the week you spent working that off. You're a good kid, and that's why I wouldn't want to see you getting yourself hurt." He nudges the apple forward, "Why don't you have a nice, not dangerous, apple and enjoy the evening?"

Strangely, the apple seems to have changed. Where once laid a pure and scrumptious looking red apple, there is another, half green and half a deep purple. The elf does not seem to have noticed the difference, his eyes on the rambunctious youth when not glancing about for other trouble heading his way.

"Besides, aren't you ponies usually born with a mark? I don't mean to pry but I don't really know how all that works. Elves don't have tribal tattoos given by the gods themselves, for good or ill."

Glyph Reader

Postby Glyph Reader » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:15 pm

David wrote:Fenrold crosses his arms after setting the apple on his simple wooden plank of a counter. "I have a long memory, which means I didn't forget the week you spent working that off. You're a good kid, and that's why I wouldn't want to see you getting yourself hurt." He nudges the apple forward, "Why don't you have a nice, not dangerous, apple and enjoy the evening?"

Strangely, the apple seems to have changed. Where once laid a pure and scrumptious looking red apple, there is another, half green and half a deep purple. The elf does not seem to have noticed the difference, his eyes on the rambunctious youth when not glancing about for other trouble heading his way.

"Besides, aren't you ponies usually born with a mark? I don't mean to pry but I don't really know how all that works. Elves don't have tribal tattoos given by the gods themselves, for good or ill."

Glyph Reader's eyes open wide. "Uhhhh..." he hid his face, "My parents told me that I might have a birth defect -- what ever that is -- where my mark of destiny is supposed to be." Glyph tilted his head up. "But they also said that it could mean that I am something special! Some of the doctors said that was just that birth defect thingy, but the priests of the sun and the moon said that Lady Fate may have given me a gift; a gift of choice..." His eyes were sparkling. "I may not know what I want to be, but if I try everything I can, I will get it for sure."

Reaching out and grabbing the green and purple apple with his yellow tinged magic without looking, the colt takes a bite.

// ...why am I thinking that the apple is magic? Or poison? Nah; David would never do that, right? ...RIGHT?! :O

EDIT: Note to self: Read all PMs before creating an entry :P
//
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige

Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

David
Site Admin

Postby David » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:46 pm

Crunch! Mmm, tastes like mint infused apple, dancing across the tongue to tickle in the belly. Any attempted laugh gets caught in the throat, one after the other, a moment of panic perhaps, but then the pressure releases, a blissful breath as all that caught air seems to press upwards. The young pony's feet loose touch with the ground as the elf's eyes widen, spotting the curious coloring of the apple.

From within the stand, sudden rough barking, sounding more like some beast than a proper being's sound, all yips and guffaws. The elf turns to yell back into his stall, though this is likely the last thing on the colt's mind as the stall recedes beneath him, altitude gaining with a liberating rush of wind as he sees the tops of the roofs of so many buildings he never saw the top of before, illuminated by the dazzling bursts of colors from the fireworks above.

Glyph Reader

Postby Glyph Reader » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:37 pm

David wrote:Crunch! Mmm, tastes like mint infused apple, dancing across the tongue to tickle in the belly. Any attempted laugh gets caught in the throat, one after the other, a moment of panic perhaps, but then the pressure releases, a blissful breath as all that caught air seems to press upwards. The young pony's feet loose touch with the ground as the elf's eyes widen, spotting the curious coloring of the apple.

From within the stand, sudden rough barking, sounding more like some beast than a proper being's sound, all yips and guffaws. The elf turns to yell back into his stall, though this is likely the last thing on the colt's mind as the stall recedes beneath him, altitude gaining with a liberating rush of wind as he sees the tops of the roofs of so many buildings he never saw the top of before, illuminated by the dazzling bursts of colors from the fireworks above.

"Wow..." the colt murmured.

He was free. Finally free from the ground. All of these colors... they were so beautiful close up, and if that wasn't exciting enough, he was FLYING; something usually reserved for the Queen, the pegasi, and those that had access to airships. With a grin as large as the sky he was in, Glyph shouted out with glee inside.

"Wooohooooo!"

Doing the first thing he thought of, Glyph waved his front hooves around, seeing if he could control his flight. As he did so, he wondered; if the apple could make him fly, would it... give him his Brand of Fate like he had heard from the sun priests? With great anticipation, Glyph whipped his head around to see if his wish would come true.

// In case it was hard to follow, Glyph tries to actively control his flight, and as he does so, he checks to see if he got his rather late Brand of Fate (note that he will not :cry: ). Too bad that I have a plan for Glyphie here... //
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige

Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

Return to “Tavern”