A little village

Get right into roleplaying. Set a scene, or join one in progress.
Tamara Bloodhoof

Re: A little village

Postby Tamara Bloodhoof » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:14 am

Tamara gazed at the sprawling mess of shops before her, each trader trying to get the most attention, whether by shouting, cheering, or simply showing off the grade of their wares to all that could see, and the sheer mass of chaos seemed to engulf the entire market. With a quick gaze at her hips to verify she still had her bag, she merely grinned and walked forward, her coat shimmering into nonexistence as she trotted her way through the crowd, ducking and weaving around everyone, her whole body now invisible to the naked eye. After she had made it through the market she turned around and started watching everyone as they bought their parcels from various shopkeepers.

"Invisibility, what would I do without you?" she whispered, reaching into her pouch and pulling out a small, hard cake, nibbling it quietly as she kept watch over the party.

[Sorry, last few days have been really busy, and being in a completely different timezone really doesn't help much either, but now it's character time.]

Tamara
Pegasus
Lv 4 Sorcerer, Unity bloodline
STR: 10
DEX: 18
CON: 12
INT: 12
WIS: 14
CHA: 16

(I used the 25 point build, and have already included my level point [to my dexterity] and the racial modifiers to my stats.)

Feats: Spell focus (Necromancy), Varisian tattoos (Necromancy), Dashing Flier

Intendant S

Postby Intendant S » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:14 am

Hearing about the knock-out rounds, CJ's ears perk up. "Say, you don't happen to have any plans on making that stuff in bullet-form, do you? A knock-out drug like that would be perfect in my line of work. They're usually worth more alive than dead."
"Too much spirit can be a dangerous thing. Tends to... infect others."

grimAuxilliam

Postby grimAuxilliam » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:08 am

The pony ponders, "I know what you're thinking and no it doesn't knock ponies out unless they have a superior sense of smell. I guess you could use it like a close range spray of gas. I doubt I can get it to fire further than ten feet. It might help with subduing people. You still want a few shots?"
The only thing deadlier than a tarrasque is a natural 1.

Canada714

Postby Canada714 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:11 am

grimAuxilliam wrote:The alchemist gleefully states, "Oh well, have I just the thing for you...I've been working on a new kind of shot. More nonlethal I suppose, if you are into that. At the tip, instead of a point is a glass vial filled with a noxious gas. On impact, the glass shatters and spreads the cloud everywhere. Breathing the stuff in ain't good for you. Not that it's lethal or anything. It's just very nauseating. Hurts your head so much that all you can think of is getting out of there immediately. Tried it on myself so I know it works. Started plans for them bolts after those dreaded wolves kept leaving the forest to hunt our chickens. Knocks them out cold on account of their keen sense of smell. I've only prototyped a few of them so I only have three for sale. They'll go for about 100 gold. Seems fair for what it does."

"Oh. Those DO sound nice," she says to the alchemist with a sweet smile, "but I'm going by your word that these will work on those nasty bandits that are so close to your town. Could we purchase them at 75 bits?" ;) (diplomacy check?)

-After the outcome of the alchemist stand Harmony heads over to Selena's brightly lit magic shop to see her wears (just so you can be ready lol)-
Last edited by Canada714 on Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...and I said "OATMEAL? ARE YOU CRAZY?!"...oh, sorry
"I also enjoy long walks on the beach beneath the pale blue light of elder gods." -Selerik

Intendant S

Postby Intendant S » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:12 am

CJ scratches her head under the fedora for a moment, thinking. "You know, I'm willing to give 'em a shot, heheh." :laugh: "I'll take a couple to test out."

Delta Requiem

Postby Delta Requiem » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:45 pm

grimAuxilliam wrote:The moss colored pony replies, "Ah yes of course. It will just be a gold for the two. Are you going to explore one of the mountain's caves? Most of the surface gems have been picked, so that leaves only the dangerous ones left deep underground. The tunnels are notorious for having pitfalls. I presume you have earth pony friends whom you'll be aiding."

"Yes, indeed." Delta tosses a gold to the stall owner, and tucks the rope and hook into her bags. She then slips him an extra gold. "By the by, might you know of any rumors regarding bandits on the roads?"

((OOC: To limit confusion, it might be best to quote the post that you are directly responding to. Just a little RP tool here on the forums, so we don't get incredibly snarled.))
"My trade is rumor and gossip, my weapon the spoken word."
- Bardic Oath taken by the Court Bard

grimAuxilliam

Postby grimAuxilliam » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:33 pm

"Oh. Those DO sound nice," she says to the alchemist with a sweet smile, "but I'm going by your word that these will work on those nasty bandits that are so close to your town. Could we purchase them at 75 bits?"

The alchemist thinks for a just a second and retorts, "This isn't some cheap gas I got out of my *buy some apples*. I'll need at least 80 gold to cover materials." It doesn't look like he's willing to drop the price any further, so after a quick exchange of gold, Harmony finds herself with three noxious bolts.

"You know, I'm willing to give 'em a shot, heheh."

He then returns his attention to CJ, handing over some alchemical cartridges, "So, you hurting on money too? I guess times are hard on ponies these days, what with all those bandit attacks. I guess if you're after them too then I'll give them to you for 50 a piece. I can't hold you by your word, but putting a dent in those bandits would mean alot to us traders."

Harmony turns the corner and easily spots Serena's stand. This stall goes over the top with ornaments. A large sign high above the table while dark blue velvet curtains borders the sides. The sign proclaims "Selena Soulshine's Thaumaturgic Antiquities" in big glowing words. On top the the table is an array of rings, scrolls, circlets, necklances, and in the middle of this well-arranged set is a crystal ball set atop an intricate silver dragon. The beige colored unicorn sits in the center of the stand, simply waiting for next customer, with a look that assumes that one will come. And one always comes.

As Harmony approaches the brightly lit booth, Serena looks with a smirk, "What do you wish for young one? Is it safety or strength? I can provide both, for a price."

"Yes, indeed." Delta tosses a gold to the stall owner, and tucks the rope and hook into her bags. She then slips him an extra gold. "By the by, might you know of any rumors regarding bandits on the roads?"

The shopkeeper replies, "Well what is there to tell about a bunch of thieving scumbags? They usually hit up the caravans that follows the road to the east. They're too scared to take on this town so they hit us where we're weak. Their leader is called Iron Hoof. Don't think its his real name, but then again, it's all he goes by. The bandits are just a bunch of earth ponies willing to steal from the less fortunate. I guess the only thing that might interest you is that there was this pony who talked about taking on the bandits on his own. He tried to get a few ponies to join him, but in the end, nobody else was dumb enough to fight against the bandits on their home turf. Haven't seen him for a while, so I think he's headed out for good. Pray that he is safe, he seems like a nice guy, just a bit brash though."

//Thanks for the advice Delta, makes everything quite a bit clearer. //
The only thing deadlier than a tarrasque is a natural 1.

Canada714

Postby Canada714 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:08 pm

(OOC: Agreed, thanks Delta)
grimAuxilliam wrote: The alchemist thinks for a just a second and retorts, "This isn't some cheap gas I got out of my *buy some apples*. I'll need at least 80 gold to cover materials." It doesn't look like he's willing to drop the price any further, so after a quick exchange of gold, Harmony finds herself with three noxious bolts.

:) "Thank you very much. I promise we'll try our hardest and these will be a big help." :halo:
grimAuxilliam wrote: Harmony turns the corner and easily spots..."Selena Soulshine's Thaumaturgic Antiquities"...On top the the table is an array of rings, scrolls, circlets, necklaces...As Harmony approaches the brightly lit booth, Serena looks with a smirk, "What do you wish for young one? Is it safety or strength? I can provide both, for a price."

"Wow, what a beautiful shop you have here. :starry: I'm trying to save my brother but to do that I need to defend my friends. What do you have for safety- no, strength- no no, safety- no I... :blush: I'll take a look at both please."
...and I said "OATMEAL? ARE YOU CRAZY?!"...oh, sorry
"I also enjoy long walks on the beach beneath the pale blue light of elder gods." -Selerik

Delta Requiem

Postby Delta Requiem » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:35 pm

grimAuxilliam wrote:The shopkeeper replies, "Well what is there to tell about a bunch of thieving scumbags? They usually hit up the caravans that follows the road to the east. They're too scared to take on this town so they hit us where we're weak. Their leader is called Iron Hoof. Don't think its his real name, but then again, it's all he goes by. The bandits are just a bunch of earth ponies willing to steal from the less fortunate. I guess the only thing that might interest you is that there was this pony who talked about taking on the bandits on his own. He tried to get a few ponies to join him, but in the end, nobody else was dumb enough to fight against the bandits on their home turf. Haven't seen him for a while, so I think he's headed out for good. Pray that he is safe, he seems like a nice guy, just a bit brash though."

Delta nodded in thanks to the shopkeeper, and flew over to Harmony. "I asked one of the shopkeepers about the bandits. He told me that there was a pony in town some time ago who wanted to take the bandits on, and tried to get a group together to do so. Sound like your brother?"
"My trade is rumor and gossip, my weapon the spoken word."
- Bardic Oath taken by the Court Bard

Intendant S

Postby Intendant S » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:55 pm

grimAuxilliam wrote:He then returns his attention to CJ, handing over some alchemical cartridges, "So, you hurting on money too? I guess times are hard on ponies these days, what with all those bandit attacks. I guess if you're after them too then I'll give them to you for 50 a piece. I can't hold you by your word, but putting a dent in those bandits would mean alot to us traders."

"Thank ye, kindly." CJ drops down the gold, picks up the cartridges, and gives the shopkeeper a sly wink. ;)

Leaving the marketplace, the goat briefly returns to the tavern and approaches a dog faithfully waiting for its master. Searching in the coat's pockets, she produces a treat and tosses it at the dog. "Bill! C'mon, boy. We're gonna be leavin' soon."

Return to “Tavern”