A little village

Get right into roleplaying. Set a scene, or join one in progress.
grimAuxilliam

Re: A little village

Postby grimAuxilliam » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:08 pm

As the party exits the tavern, they draw the curious eyes of the townsfolk. It is rather uncommon for this little village to have so many travelers. The ponies seem to welcome your presence, yet keep some suspicion in reserve. As you make your way through the town, you spot a local market in a courtyard to the side of the road. As you wander through the marketplace, some stands on the side are selling helpful wares to the locals. If you wish, you may purchase a few items, such as the local food, potions, and other odds and end. Feel free to populate this marketplace with what you like. Just don't go around buying arcane artifacts of the elder gods.
The only thing deadlier than a tarrasque is a natural 1.

Delta Requiem

Postby Delta Requiem » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:41 pm

Delta glanced around the market, then took to looking into her saddlebags. "Hm... I believe I have all of the essentials. What about the rest of you?"

((OOC: More stuff about Delta!
Class: Thundercaller (Bard Archetype)
Level: 1
Deity: Does not actively worship any
Mane/tail: Grey with crimson stripes
Coat: Dark amaranth
Cutie Mark: Eighth note inscribed in triangle; both red.

Gear:
Leather Armor
Lute
Saddlebags
Trail Rations x10
Hooded Lantern
Pint of Oil x5
Small Tent
Bedroll
Blanket

Gold: 67
Silver: 9
))
Last edited by Delta Requiem on Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"My trade is rumor and gossip, my weapon the spoken word."
- Bardic Oath taken by the Court Bard

Intendant S

Postby Intendant S » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:50 pm

Checking her gear, CJ looked up. "I'm a bit short on ammo. Forgot to stock up after that last bounty." Looking around, she spots what appears to be an alchemist's stand. "You don't happen to have any cartridges for a Remington-model rifle, do ya?"
"Too much spirit can be a dangerous thing. Tends to... infect others."

grimAuxilliam

Postby grimAuxilliam » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:03 pm

The dark blue earth pony looks back at CJ and replies, "I think I have a few dozen shots laying around. Want normal cartridges or something with a bit of flair to it? I think the last trader gave me a few dragon's breath shots. I'll make it cheap on you. Half price, only 25 gold a piece. Not bad for a gun that spits fire."

//Delta Requiem. You could also pack some rope. Rope is good. Saved my life once.

Delta Requiem

Postby Delta Requiem » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:16 pm

grimAuxilliam wrote://Delta Requiem. You could also pack some rope. Rope is good. Saved my life once.

((OOC: Considering Delta can fly, rope isn't as big a deal. But your point is taken.))

Delta glanced at the goat purchasing ammo, then looked around. Her eyes landed on a stall that sold various sundries. "Perhaps there are one or two things I could use..." She approached the stall. "Excuse me! Might I ask the price of 50 feet of hempen rope? And a grappling hook?"
"My trade is rumor and gossip, my weapon the spoken word."
- Bardic Oath taken by the Court Bard

Intendant S

Postby Intendant S » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:31 pm

CJ checks her purse, nods, and looks back to the shopkeeper. "I'll take the Dragon's Breath ammo and...a couple dozen of the normal rounds." Tossing the gold on the counter, she promptly takes the ammo and puts it away for future use.
"Too much spirit can be a dangerous thing. Tends to... infect others."

IryokuHikari

Postby IryokuHikari » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:44 pm

Weary Hooves walks over to the small temple courtyard adjacent to the market, and kneels before the alter of his goddess, praying for both the power to heal those who need it, and the strength to overcome those who would want to overcome him and his companions. "... And help the goat to be a little less blood thirsty. Allow us to find the brother safe and sound, and if not, allow us to avenge him and help him to rest in peace." Prayer done, Weary begins visiting the mundane market stalls and getting items for the journey.
Last edited by IryokuHikari on Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

grimAuxilliam

Postby grimAuxilliam » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:54 pm

Delta Requiem wrote:((OOC: Considering Delta can fly, rope isn't as big a deal. But your point is taken.))

//Ah yes, I keep forgetting about intrinsic flying. I've only played one character with temporary flight. Rope has other uses if you're creative enough.//

The moss colored pony replies, "Ah yes of course. It will just be a gold for the two. Are you going to explore one of the mountain's caves? Most of the surface gems have been picked, so that leaves only the dangerous ones left deep underground. The tunnels are notorious for having pitfalls. I presume you have earth pony friends whom you'll be aiding."

Canada714

Postby Canada714 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:11 am

"Oh! Are you a cleric Weary? That's so wonderful :halo: um...is it alright if I can pray with you next time? I know the Goddesses of the Light and Dark don't really see eye to eye and all but the Goddess of the Sun's many sisters watch over the night so it can't hurt right?"

-Whatever the answer she trots off to the market-

She walks over next to CJ at the alchemist stand. "Hello. Um...I was wondering if you had any alchemical crossbow bolts by chance? Also, I'm looking for any magical items you or any nearby shops might have and I'm also curious if you might happen to have a church or an altar to the Sun Goddess :troll: -deep inhale- so that way I can pray to her before we go on our journey so she can watch over me, Delta, Weary, CJ, (Tamara if she's still playing), and my brother and keep us all safe and I guess I should probably pray for your town too cause you've all been so nice to us." :-D :squee:
...and I said "OATMEAL? ARE YOU CRAZY?!"...oh, sorry
"I also enjoy long walks on the beach beneath the pale blue light of elder gods." -Selerik

grimAuxilliam

Postby grimAuxilliam » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:03 am

In return to Harmony's request, the alchemist gleefully states, "Oh well, have I just the thing for you. I got the usual fire and acid, at 40 gold a shot. But I've been working on a new kind of shot. More nonlethal I suppose, if you are into that. At the tip, instead of a point is a glass vial filled with a noxious gas. On impact, the glass shatters and spreads the cloud everywhere. Breathing the stuff in ain't good for you. Not that it's lethal or anything. It's just very nauseating. Hurts your head so much that all you can think of is getting out of there immediately. Tried it on myself so I know it works. Started plans for them bolts after those dreaded wolves kept leaving the forest to hunt our chickens. Knocks them out cold on account of their keen sense of smell. I've only prototyped a few of them so I only have three for sale. They'll go for about 100 gold. Seems fair for what it does."

He continues, "Well, I think Selena around the corner has a few scrolls and some magical trinkets for sale. Can't miss her stand. Has bright baubles all over the thing. Feels crass, but well, it seems to be attracting the customers. As for your other question, the Sun Goddess' altar is cross the town, other side of the town hall. The second and third tallest buildings in this fair village. Just follow the spire."

Return to “Tavern”