A little village

Get right into roleplaying. Set a scene, or join one in progress.
grimAuxilliam

Re: A little village

Postby grimAuxilliam » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:57 am

The surrounding camping area is surrounded by the blood of the monster, which upon closer inspection appears to be drips of sap. CJ also looks after SeSe's remaining injuries, mostly cuts and bruises after having been healed by Delta. The campfire is rekindled and the next pony is on watch. The rest of the party takes their turn throughout the night, making sure that nothing else disturbs their sleep.

It is a long and chilly night, but soon enough, the sun begins to rise and the birds sing their morning melodies. All the ponies pack up their camping supplies, put out the fire, and continue on their way. As the sun gets high in the sky, the group enters a small clearing in the forest, where the sun can shine down on grass below. The edges of the enclosed field is ringed with white mushrooms with a sort of flat top. In the center is a tall grey mound, peppered with grooves and holes. Small glowing insects can be seen exiting the mound and flying to the fungi, collecting what appears to be spores.
The only thing deadlier than a tarrasque is a natural 1.

Canada714

Postby Canada714 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:33 am

grimAuxilliam wrote:It is a long and chilly night, but soon enough, the sun begins to rise and the birds sing their morning melodies. All the ponies pack up their camping supplies, put out the fire, and continue on their way. As the sun gets high in the sky, the group enters a small clearing in the forest, where the sun can shine down on grass below. The edges of the enclosed field is ringed with white mushrooms with a sort of flat top. In the center is a tall grey mound, peppered with grooves and holes. Small glowing insects can be seen exiting the mound and flying to the fungi, collecting what appears to be spores.

:huh: Harmony looks at the mount "What...what are those?"
...and I said "OATMEAL? ARE YOU CRAZY?!"...oh, sorry
"I also enjoy long walks on the beach beneath the pale blue light of elder gods." -Selerik

grimAuxilliam

Postby grimAuxilliam » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:33 pm

Upon closer inspection, it appears to be a sort of hive cluster for the insects, made up of mulched up wood processed by the insects. The entrances seems to be guarded by larger variants of the bugs, likely soldiers to protect the hive.

Platinius

Postby Platinius » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:01 am

"Don't approach them or agitate them!"

SeSe turns around slowly and gently walks away

"I suspect they are some type of bees, we'll walk back a least fifty meters and then circumvent the hive, bees are very aggressive when their hive is in danger. It's imperative that we don't block the view from their main entry at the base of the hive, no hasty movements and everything will be fine. Should push come to shove, gallop as fast as you can to the river and dive."
Life is an adventure, brave it with courage

Delta Requiem

Postby Delta Requiem » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:56 am

Delta gently hovers back, as per SeSe's instructions. She has no intent on becoming a pincushion for insects.
"My trade is rumor and gossip, my weapon the spoken word."
- Bardic Oath taken by the Court Bard

Canada714

Postby Canada714 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:19 am

Platinius wrote:"Don't approach them or agitate them!"

SeSe turns around slowly and gently walks away

"I suspect they are some type of bees, we'll walk back a least fifty meters and then circumvent the hive, bees are very aggressive when their hive is in danger. It's imperative that we don't block the view from their main entry at the base of the hive, no hasty movements and everything will be fine. Should push come to shove, gallop as fast as you can to the river and dive."

//I wish to make a perception check with Harmony about the insects// "I've never seen bees collecting spores or glow like that before though."
"I also enjoy long walks on the beach beneath the pale blue light of elder gods." -Selerik

grimAuxilliam

Postby grimAuxilliam » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:02 pm

You can see that the bees do in fact have stingers and likely contain nasty things inside. They seems to act like normal bees, which usually collect nectar from flowers, but in this case, it's spores from mushrooms. Simply put, it looks like a bee did it with a firefly. It is possible that the forest is causing accelerated mutations, from who knows what source.

Canada714

Postby Canada714 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:58 am

grimAuxilliam wrote:You can see that the bees do in fact have stingers and likely contain nasty things inside. They seems to act like normal bees, which usually collect nectar from flowers, but in this case, it's spores from mushrooms. Simply put, it looks like a bee did it with a firefly. It is possible that the forest is causing accelerated mutations, from who knows what source.

Upon noticing their nasty looking stingers Harmony crings, "On second thought, I guess I don't want to know TOO much about them either." :blush:

Platinius

Postby Platinius » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:24 am

"Pity, if I had I the time I would study them, I am after all an explorer first and foremost."

Having reached a safe distance, SeSe pulls out her file with her map and draws a little X on it

"I'll mark the hive as a point of interest, perhaps when we are back in town I can ask the locals about it if only to warn them about the potential danger."

The ranger mare packs the file away again

"I think we can now safely circumvent them, this way, should they turn against toward us, we won't have to run past the hive to reach the river."

SeSe continues her gentle walk again, slowly moving around the hive

"Remain calm like this, we have almost done it."

After a moment of silence, she speaks again

"You know, in my experience, the safest way to deal with wild animals, be them natural or magical, is to go out of their way. Typically, colourful talking ponies don't fall into their feeding habits and will only attack if desperate or have rabies of some sort."
Life is an adventure, brave it with courage

grimAuxilliam

Postby grimAuxilliam » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:11 pm

The group slowly inches around the hive, making sure not to startle the insects. Soon, they reach to the other side and continue alongside the slightly worn dirt path. You all notice that the grass seems to be creeping into the road more so than usual. The deep center of the forest sure has some crazy growth going on.

After a few minutes of travel, you hear a croaked voice from the bushes, "Hey, travelers, spare some water?"

Return to “Tavern”