A little village

Get right into roleplaying. Set a scene, or join one in progress.
grimAuxilliam

A little village

Postby grimAuxilliam » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:54 pm

I don't actually know what's going on in here, but nothings gonna happen without a setting. Maybe this can get something started.

A lone village stands in the middle of a massive field. Not many maps name this little town, but to the inhabitants, it is known as Windfall. You can see many ponies toiling in the fields, working hard to make this years harvest as bountiful as possible. There is a single dirt path leading travelers into the town from another near by village. In the distance, a forest casts a large shadow, holding many dangers and curiosities. The town consists of quite a few thatched houses and a towering windmill. As you enter, you see several shops lining the street, selling the best food the land can provide. You note that the community is comprised of mostly earth ponies, but a single unicorn catches your eye. Likely another wanderer like you, judging by her finely embroidered cloak. As you approach the center of the town, you find a single well, ringed by an inn, a tavern, a forge, and the windmill. The road continues past the well, but you decide that here would be the best place to gather information.

edit: I got not much in the way of rules for this thread. Feel free to enter a character or describe the settings or even change the course of the story. Whats in the mysterious forest? Why does the barkeeper know everything and gives quests to adventurers like candy? Why is this even a focal point for adventure despite, topologically, being a dead end town with one road in and out? I don't actually know. This is primarily to stretch your role playing muscles, whether you're a DM or a PC

edit again: btw, if you ever want to talk out of character, then just do something that will make it obvious, like parentheses or brackets or asterisks.
Last edited by grimAuxilliam on Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The only thing deadlier than a tarrasque is a natural 1.

Canada714

Re: A little village

Postby Canada714 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:39 pm

The cool evening breeze flows into the tavern through the door held open by an orange pegasus. Wearing simple leather barding she hovers over to the barkeep and asks, "Um excuse me, have you seen a midnight coated earth pony come through here?" Worry coating her every word.
Last edited by Canada714 on Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...and I said "OATMEAL? ARE YOU CRAZY?!"...oh, sorry
"I also enjoy long walks on the beach beneath the pale blue light of elder gods." -Selerik

grimAuxilliam

Postby grimAuxilliam » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:48 am

The barkeep looks up and asks, "Depends on who's askin? I hope you don't mean to stir up trouble in this here town." He continues to polish the counter top, chipped from many years of slamming the mug much too hard. The patrons of the tavern would occasionally glance at the pegasus, but then would resume their merriment without a care. But in one of the far corners, there sits two ponies, keeping a sharp watch on the new arrival.
Last edited by grimAuxilliam on Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Canada714

Postby Canada714 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:29 pm

"Wh-what? No no no no, you misunderstand sir! I wouldn't...I'm not..." She takes a deep breath. "He's my brother. He ran off a few days ago. He took enough food I know he won't starve, but I just want to bring him home..." She stares down at one of the dents in the counter from a mug slammed long ago. "But I...I don't know how to track him down. All I know is he was headed toward the nearest pegasus city..."
"I also enjoy long walks on the beach beneath the pale blue light of elder gods." -Selerik

Intendant S

Postby Intendant S » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:54 pm

Ooh, a freeform game. I'll join in. Here we go...

All of a sudden the door to the tavern swings open to reveal a strange sight. Standing in the entrance is a scruffy-looking goat with her flank covered with a duster and atop the head is a wide-brimmed fedora. Peeking out from underneath a cracked and chipped horn could be seen. Raising her head the goat looked around the room as if searching for someone. Finding a spot in a dark corner, she trotted on over and sat down...waiting.

((Yes, I'm playing a goat.))
"Too much spirit can be a dangerous thing. Tends to... infect others."

Canada714

Postby Canada714 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:56 pm

The orange pegasus flutters over to the goat, "Excuse me, I don't know if you live here or if you over heard what I was just saying a little while ago to the nice stallion behind the bar but I'm looking for my brother he's an earth pony with a black coat and he ran away from home and-" she throws her hooves over her mouth as her face turns as red as a red gala apple. "Oh, I'm so sorry. You probably wanted to be left alone. Sorry."

Intendant S

Postby Intendant S » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:15 pm

The goat raises the fedora with a hoof, revealing a nasty scar on the right cheek. Giving the orange pegasus a once-over, she stares at the pony hovering in front of her. "Unless your brother's got a bounty on his head or you're willing to pay for my tracking services I'm not interested in your familial predicament."

Canada714

Postby Canada714 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:06 pm

:oops: "Oh, sorry to bother you then sir- er, i mean, ma'am." She says as she flies in reverse back to the barkeep :fyouch:

Intendant S

Postby Intendant S » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:57 pm

Silent for a moment, the goat speaks up. "Hey, kid. What's your brother's name? Maybe I met him on my travels here. My services may be steep, but talk is cheap."

grimAuxilliam

Postby grimAuxilliam » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:43 am

A minor intermission of a local map. It's not to scale.
The focus is currently on Windfall, an agricultural town. It is fairly close to Windshorn, an as of yet undescribed town. To the east of Windfall is a large forest, with scary beasts inside of it. Or maybe a fairy that grants candy. To the north is a raider camp, probably. They are known to be nomadic and will occasionally attack travelers and caravans. To the far east is High H'romin, the closest pegasus city. It's unusual in that it is not built on clouds. Instead, the inhabitants live on the highest peak.
Last edited by grimAuxilliam on Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Tavern”