The End... or, The Beginning?

Get right into roleplaying. Set a scene, or join one in progress.
Canada714

Re: The End... or, The Beginning?

Postby Canada714 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:15 am

Glyph Reader wrote:'Hmm,' a soft, mysterious male voice said, 'this is quite the establishment these ponies have here, isn't it Glyph?'

Glyph merely shrugged. "True, but the ancient Steel Heart factory had much better decor, if I do say so myself."

'Well, I try to appreciate everything, no matter how small...' The voice seemingly trailed off.

'I can understand your appreciation darlin-' The second, much gruffer voice was quickly cut off by a rather loud, boisterous shout.

'PANCAKES,' the shout said. 'ALL THE PANCAKE BELONG TO ME!'

"Argh! Boisterous! Please stop the shoutin- oh, wait. I forgot. All you can do is shout things," Glyph murmured.

The soft voice spoke again. 'Gruff and I will calm him down for you Glyph. You go and sleep.'

'Eeyup! Ah just want the varmint to *hush puppies* up all ready,' Gruff replied, 'and I want you, Soft, to make the guy some pancakes; what ever those are...'

"Ok everyone," Glyph chirped, "I will do my usual room check, set up the 'Banish to the void' traps, then go to bed. Good luck with Boistrous!"

The orange stallion chuckled. "You will need it..."

// Ok, to explain... I will not, but I will tell our beloved GM via PM all about it. :P

Also, Glyph was joking about the 'Banish to the void' traps, but he is going to put down an 'alert' trap. Furthermore, I do want to check for traps; if you haven't guessed, Glyph may or may not be extremely paranoid by nature. :D //

///So...do we hear this somehow or something? Cause I'm sorry, but since we can't hear what's in your head this is a tad...comic-booky. And I'm getting the impression that somebody likes Deadpool here ;)//
...and I said "OATMEAL? ARE YOU CRAZY?!"...oh, sorry
"I also enjoy long walks on the beach beneath the pale blue light of elder gods." -Selerik

IryokuHikari

Postby IryokuHikari » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:22 am

//I'm taking care of this little sort of hook with him, so don't worry about it. Just continue your own roleplaying and we'll come back to this eventually. ;P//

Canada714

Postby Canada714 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:48 am

IryokuHikari wrote:At this revelation, a few wizard-looking types within earshot glance in Barasa's direction, but generally go back to whatever they were doing at the time. A serving mare brings the zebra his promised drink, along with Vermillion's order. "Now look, sir. This is the last one ah'm gonna get you, because the boss says that you're bein' cut off. That archeo-hoozimerwhatsit was kind enough to buy out an entire floor for some ambassador folks, and, seeing as ah've never seen ya'll around before, ah'd be guessing that's you." The mare was fairly attractive by both country-folk and city-folk standards, and the slight country accent certainly helped the charm. She raised her voice to the crowd in the common room "The bar's closing in 10 minutes! If ya'll don't have a room here, ah'd reckon you'd best be a gettin'!" A collective groan from the regulars rose up, followed by the sloshing back of the last bit of drinks and the sounds of chairs and mugs being moved to allow a stream of slightly to severely inebriated patrons to exit with the minimum amount of damage possible. "If ya'll be needing anything in the night, just flip the stone on the bedside table over to the green side, and ah'll be there quick as a whip! Mah name's Daisy, if ya'll need me! ;) " With that, she turned and trotted away, poking and prodding slow patrons either out the door or up the stairs to the rooms

Barasa gives a polite bow (or rather the best he can do) to Daisy as she walks away. Barasa looks up and watches as the crowd shuffles out. "Fine! Who needs ya? 10 minutes is more than enough time ta -hic- enjoy a proper brew." He sips from his cup. "Especially one with that extra flavor that comes from generosity." He looks about the all but deserted inn and smiles. "As well as the company of silence." He takes a deep drink, meditates on it, enjoying the flavors, then takes another. He will continue this until his drink is finished, but well enough before 10 minutes are up.
"I also enjoy long walks on the beach beneath the pale blue light of elder gods." -Selerik

IryokuHikari

Postby IryokuHikari » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:48 am

Glyph Reader wrote:'Hmm,' a soft, mysterious male voice said, 'this is quite the establishment these ponies have here, isn't it Glyph?'

Glyph merely shrugged. "True, but the ancient Steel Heart factory had much better decor, if I do say so myself."

'Well, I try to appreciate everything, no matter how small...' The voice seemingly trailed off.

'I can understand your appreciation darlin-' The second, much gruffer voice was quickly cut off by a rather loud, boisterous shout.

'PANCAKES,' the shout said. 'ALL THE PANCAKE BELONG TO ME!'

"Argh! Boisterous! Please stop the shoutin- oh, wait. I forgot. All you can do is shout things," Glyph murmured.

The soft voice spoke again. 'Gruff and I will calm him down for you Glyph. You go and sleep.'

'Eeyup! Ah just want the varmint to *hush puppies* up all ready,' Gruff replied, 'and I want you, Soft, to make the guy some pancakes; what ever those are...'

"Ok everyone," Glyph chirped, "I will do my usual room check, set up the 'Banish to the void' traps, then go to bed. Good luck with Boistrous!"

The orange stallion chuckled. "You will need it..."

// Ok, to explain... I will not, but I will tell our beloved GM via PM all about it. :P

Also, Glyph was joking about the 'Banish to the void' traps, but he is going to put down an 'alert' trap. Furthermore, I do want to check for traps; if you haven't guessed, Glyph may or may not be extremely paranoid by nature. :D //

Glyph carefully looks over the room, checking under the bed, in the closet, in the drawers, in the washbasin... His search yields nothing in the way of traps, and he's pretty thorough. The casual, almost flippant use of artifacts that would be very valuable and nigh-priceless in most other settlements intrigued him the most though. The ingenious use of temperature control cantrips on the stones by the washbasin to either heat or cool the water was very clever, and the runes on the pitcher appeared to function as an enchantment of Create Water. The stone to call the maid was also cleverly magicked, and the use of Light on the lamp to be dimmed and reactivated showed the sheer wealth of the city of Canolfan. Glyph paid quite a lot for the block of rooms, and every bit was worth it. As his eyes wandered around, the corner of his eye caught on some motion, and he whirled quickly to face...

himself in the mirror. As he looked at the mirror, he felt that something was off, but all his observation revealed was that the mirror was slightly bent (they had to save money somewhere, didn't they?) and thus gave an odd feeling of distortion that could cause the sensation of unnatural motion. Satisfied, Glyph felt comfortable going to bed.

Canada714 wrote:Barasa gives a polite bow (or rather the best he can do) to Daisy as she walks away. Barasa looks up and watches as the crowd shuffles out. "Fine! Who needs ya? 10 minutes is more than enough time ta -hic- enjoy a proper brew." He sips from his cup. "Especially one with that extra flavor that comes from generosity." He looks about the all but deserted inn and smiles. "As well as the company of silence." He takes a deep drink, meditates on it, enjoying the flavors, then takes another. He will continue this until his drink is finished, but well enough before 10 minutes are up.

The drink was sharp, but mellow, the quality befitting a gift from a generous pony. As he meditates on his brew, his gaze wanders around the establishment. The inn, while showing signs of wear and use, was remarkably well taken care of. The quality showed in the little places, such as the staining of the tables and the tiling on the floor. It was almost as if the building had been built to a higher quality, but had been "grunged up." Of course, it was a little difficult to look at things in detail with the room spinning as it was, so Barasa could not be 100% positive. Regardless, it was a nice place to have a drink.

Glyph Reader

Postby Glyph Reader » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:38 pm

IryokuHikari wrote:Glyph carefully looks over the room, checking under the bed, in the closet, in the drawers, in the washbasin... His search yields nothing in the way of traps, and he's pretty thorough. The casual, almost flippant use of artifacts that would be very valuable and nigh-priceless in most other settlements intrigued him the most though. The ingenious use of temperature control cantrips on the stones by the washbasin to either heat or cool the water was very clever, and the runes on the pitcher appeared to function as an enchantment of Create Water. The stone to call the maid was also cleverly magicked, and the use of Light on the lamp to be dimmed and reactivated showed the sheer wealth of the city of Canolfan. Glyph paid quite a lot for the block of rooms, and every bit was worth it. As his eyes wandered around, the corner of his eye caught on some motion, and he whirled quickly to face...

himself in the mirror. As he looked at the mirror, he felt that something was off, but all his observation revealed was that the mirror was slightly bent (they had to save money somewhere, didn't they?) and thus gave an odd feeling of distortion that could cause the sensation of unnatural motion. Satisfied, Glyph felt comfortable going to bed.

With great care, Glyph slid his body under the covers. A sigh of bliss escapes his lips. For a brief, wonderful, priceless moment, all was well in Glyph world.

Just one moment.

Moments after completely relaxing, the voices began to speak and whisper. Boisterous could be heard munching down on a stack of poorly made pancakes; Soft was softly murmuring about the horrors of said meal; and even Gruff was being soft hearted for once, comforting poor Soft as his gruff voice spoke of the wonders of new experiences. In the background, many other voices spoke out; some angry, some sad, some happy, some just plain bored. What all these voices had in common, however, was the sheer madness they brought forward as the sounds they made clashed together.

Glyph winced. This was his life. A gift; something unique, this could be considered.

'...Glyph? Will you be able to sleep tonight?' Soft's soothing voice came into focus among the clambering mess in the background.

"I will have to Soft... Tomorrow is a big day, and could spell out the balance of everything
to come. If we mess up-" Glyph was swiftly cut off by Gruff, who became focused as well.

'You need to use the rune to call one of the staff up here. Ask him or her to get the ginger ale you asked for earlier. You know how much that helps... keep us quiet.'

"Yes, I must get sleep tonight... Oh no," Glyph realized with alarm, "I forgot the alarm trap! Well, I will set that after I get the ginger ale... and the antidote as well, I guess."

With no time to spare, Glyph immediately activates the rune and waits for the staff pony to arrive.

// Poor Glyph; he needs ginger ale, stat! I will format the font color in a bit so that you can tell who is speaking (Formatted now). Also, things are becoming curiouser and curiouser... 8:) //
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige
Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

I have an art request thread here:
Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

IryokuHikari

Postby IryokuHikari » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:35 pm

Glyph Reader wrote:
With great care, Glyph slid his body under the covers. A sigh of bliss escapes his lips. For a brief, wonderful, priceless moment, all was well in Glyph world.

Just one moment.

Moments after completely relaxing, the voices began to speak and whisper. Boisterous could be heard munching down on a stack of poorly made pancakes; Soft was softly murmuring about the horrors of said meal; and even Gruff was being soft hearted for once, comforting poor Soft as his gruff voice spoke of the wonders of new experiences. In the background, many other voices spoke out; some angry, some sad, some happy, some just plain bored. What all these voices had in common, however, was the sheer madness they brought forward as the sounds they made clashed together.

Glyph winced. This was his life. A gift; something unique, this could be considered.

'...Glyph? Will you be able to sleep tonight?' Soft's soothing voice came into focus among the clambering mess in the background.

"I will have to Soft... Tomorrow is a big day, and could spell out the balance of everything
to come. If we mess up-" Glyph was swiftly cut off by Gruff, who became focused as well.

'You need to use the rune to call one of the staff up here. Ask him or her to get the ginger ale you asked for earlier. You know how much that helps... keep us quiet.'

"Yes, I must get sleep tonight... Oh no," Glyph realized with alarm, "I forgot the alarm trap! Well, I will set that after I get the ginger ale... and the antidote as well, I guess."

With no time to spare, Glyph immediately activates the rune and waits for the staff pony to arrive.

// Poor Glyph; he needs ginger ale, stat! I will format the font color in a bit so that you can tell who is speaking (Formatted now). Also, things are becoming curiouser and curiouser... 8:) //

A knock at the door came a short time later. The opening of the door produced the attentive form of Daisy. "Yes, sir? May Ah help you? Is there anything you need?"

Glyph Reader

Postby Glyph Reader » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:10 pm

IryokuHikari wrote:A knock at the door came a short time later. The opening of the door produced the attentive form of Daisy. "Yes, sir? May Ah help you? Is there anything you need?"

Sitting up from his formerly resting position, Glyph looks towards Daisy with gratitude in his eyes.

"Yes madam, I do indeed need something, that is, if you would be kind enough to retrieve it for me." Glyph gives a dazzling smile. "As you may know, a part of the deal I arranged with the barkeep was to receive a carrying flask of Ginger Ale, as well as a basic antidote..." Glyph trails off, a glazed look in his eyes.

'What do you need an antidote for Glyph,' Gruff exclaimed loudly, 'and a basic one at that! That is only good for food poisoning and noise induced headac...' he lowers his voice, 'Oh, that is why. Ignore me then... not like you can in your current state.'

Shaking his head, Glyph looks up and winks at Daisy, "Of course, as you have seen down at the bar, I give extremely generous tips, so you will be compensated for your time-" A sharp pain went through Glyph's head, most certainly due to the collection of voices chatting away above.

At said pain, Glyph hissed inwards and rubbed his forehead at the base of his horn, feeling the coarse dark gray hair under his hoof.

Eyes shut, he whispered, "Sooner than later would be lovely, though."

// :rderp: This seems like a problem for poor Glyph here... what is his plan for the antidote? Find out later, or reread the post above. :P And yes, I am giving Daisy a gold scarab; she is giving me a great service, after all! //
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige
Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

I have an art request thread here:
Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

Canada714

Postby Canada714 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:49 am

Barasa puts down his cup and lets out a satisfied "Ah!" Followed by the clack of his empty mug being placed on the table. He grabs his things and begins to head up the stairs. While ascending up the stairs he sees Daisy coming down them. He stops her and says, "Excuse me dear Daisy, but I fear I've been rude to you and your fellow employees of this fine establishment." While obviously still drunk, he stands with less sway and his tone holds with less slurs. "You have all been very kind to Barasa and my clan knows to be kind to those who offer the same." He hands her a small bag that jingles with a seal on the cord that ties it shut. "If ever you should need assistance, look for those who hold back the wizards." And with a drunken hiccup Barasa begins his ascent again, now humming a tune. "Good night sweet Daisy."

Delta Requiem

Postby Delta Requiem » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:20 pm

((Um... has this thread been abandoned?))
"My trade is rumor and gossip, my weapon the spoken word."
- Bardic Oath taken by the Court Bard

Canada714

Postby Canada714 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:38 pm

//Two days shouldn't mean abandoned. Why do you ask?//

Return to “Tavern”