The End... or, The Beginning?

Get right into roleplaying. Set a scene, or join one in progress.
Canada714

Re: The End... or, The Beginning?

Postby Canada714 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:01 am

Glyph Reader wrote:
Canada714 wrote:Last but not least to come down the stairs was the zebra, Barasa. Cleaned up, packed up and carrying a smile that hid the drum beat in his head, he headed down the stairs for some much needed breakfast.
"Now Let me see.
Where would my companions be?
"

// ...drum beat.... Doctor Who reference, or unintentional? //

//I did think of that but I just meant to find a fancier way to say he has a hangover.//
...and I said "OATMEAL? ARE YOU CRAZY?!"...oh, sorry
"I also enjoy long walks on the beach beneath the pale blue light of elder gods." -Selerik

IryokuHikari

Postby IryokuHikari » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:47 pm

Canada714 wrote:
Glyph Reader wrote:
Canada714 wrote:Last but not least to come down the stairs was the zebra, Barasa. Cleaned up, packed up and carrying a smile that hid the drum beat in his head, he headed down the stairs for some much needed breakfast.
"Now Let me see.
Where would my companions be?
"

// ...drum beat.... Doctor Who reference, or unintentional? //

//I did think of that but I just meant to find a fancier way to say he has a hangover.//

You see the stallion who treated you to a drink sitting with the stallion you spoke to as you drank the drink, talking to a mare that even among the most beautiful mares you can imagine would stand head and shoulders above the rest. Her eyes caught yours, and a voice more lovely than the sound of life-giving rain permeated your thoughts:

"Child of savannah, hear my call,
for last are you among these all.

Need you I, for mission great.
Thus, I call you to your fate.
"

Canada714

Postby Canada714 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:32 pm

IryokuHikari wrote:You see the stallion who treated you to a drink sitting with the stallion you spoke to as you drank the drink, talking to a mare that even among the most beautiful mares you can imagine would stand head and shoulders above the rest. Her eyes caught yours, and a voice more lovely than the sound of life-giving rain permeated your thoughts:

"Child of savannah, hear my call,
for last are you among these all.

Need you I, for mission great.
Thus, I call you to your fate.
"

"Not now mysterious voice, there is a mysterious woman I must talk to!" With a hop, skip, and jump, Barasa bound down the stairs in an impressive acrobatics display that seemed as much dumb lucky as it did skill. He lands at the seat and calls out to the waitress. "Excuse me, Daisy, if you could you get me a shot glass of what last ailed me last night for a "Hair of the Dog" cure and get me a more bigger glass cause I just found me a tall drink of water." He says the last part looking straight at the lovely mare.

//for those cringing due to grammar, I know, but it was a choice. Sorry to hurt any readers haha//
"I also enjoy long walks on the beach beneath the pale blue light of elder gods." -Selerik

Canada714

Postby Canada714 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:51 pm

"Ahem, I said, I just found a tall. drink. of. WATER." he stares at the mare and wiggles him eyebrows

Glyph Reader

Postby Glyph Reader » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:15 am

IryokuHikari wrote:You notice a pony who looks vaguely familiar. Perhaps you met him before, perhaps you simply saw him out of the corner of your eye, but you recognize him. The mare he's sitting with, however, looks incredibly familiar, but you can't place her. No place that you've ever been could have ever had the honor of being graced by the presence of a mare such as this. Her light blue robes flow over her, shimmering in the light of the inn. She catches your gaze and immediately you are lost in a sea of blue, as her eyes draw you deeper and deeper, until you're almost drowning in them. Then, she blinks, and the spell is broken, and you just know that you should go introduce yourself. Mares can't resist your raw charisma, you know.

Ten whole seconds pass, the great Glyph Reader somehow stunned by the hypnotic eyes of that mare. Those stunningly familiarly blue eyes, just like his. Glyph begins to step forward to introduce himself like a gentlecolt when a familiar soothing voice begins talking.

'I don't know Glyph,' Soft speaks warningly, 'I am not sure if you should talk to someone that can do that to yo-'

'Go to her Glyphie m'boy!' Gruff loudly shouts. 'I'm sure that she will turn out to be some long lost love from an alternate universe, or your equally lost sister or something; she even has the beauty to match your handsomeness!'

Hesitation ran through his thoughts for a momment, pondering the unusual fasination with the mare. Shaking his head, Glyph bears a winning grin and walks up to the blue-eyed mare.

"Hello there miss. May I implore what your name is?"

// Again, wow, it is has been awhile. //
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige
Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

I have an art request thread here:
Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

IryokuHikari

Postby IryokuHikari » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:25 pm

Canada714 wrote:"Ahem, I said, I just found a tall. drink. of. WATER." he stares at the mare and wiggles him eyebrows

(I was unsure quite how to reply to that one, then I realized your metapun, and I still don't know what to say, but here goes :P )
If the mysterious voice was put off at all by Barasa's dismissal, it did not voice it. The mare, however, was slightly stunned at his sudden (lucky) acrobatics, and was quite speechless at the sudden reversal from nearly killing himself in a display of dexterity to exercising his charisma on her. Slowly (as it took her a few turns to make her save vs stunned), a smile crept over her face. The mind voice, now in common (because I'm too lazy to rhyme properly right now :P ) returned, and Barasa (and everyone at the table) realizes that the mind voice was the mare. "That was incredible, Zebra-friend! I did not know that your kind was so adept at tumbling and flipping! Very nice! Although, I do not feel that it would be in your best interest to try to drink me... Though my medium is water, it would cause my channeling to be disrupted, and I would have to re-form, and that would be counter productive, because time is running short!"
Glyph Reader wrote:
Ten whole seconds pass, the great Glyph Reader somehow stunned by the hypnotic eyes of that mare. Those stunningly familiarly blue eyes, just like his. Glyph begins to step forward to introduce himself like a gentlecolt when a familiar soothing voice begins talking.

'I don't know Glyph,' Soft speaks warningly, 'I am not sure if you should talk to someone that can do that to yo-'

'Go to her Glyphie m'boy!' Gruff loudly shouts. 'I'm sure that she will turn out to be some long lost love from an alternate universe, or your equally lost sister or something; she even has the beauty to match your handsomeness!'

Hesitation ran through his thoughts for a momment, pondering the unusual fasination with the mare. Shaking his head, Glyph bears a winning grin and walks up to the blue-eyed mare.

"Hello there miss. May I implore what your name is?"

// Again, wow, it is has been awhile. //

"My name? Uh... Well... I guess... you can call me... Noa! That'll work. At least... I think that's a name they still use... Anyways, I am thankful for your coming here, everyone. Now that you have all seen the disaster that is coming, I hope that you will be willing to help me prevent it. Much darkness will come upon my shrine and the land itself if we do not act quickly!"

Canada714

Postby Canada714 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:49 pm

IryokuHikari wrote:(I was unsure quite how to reply to that one, then I realized your metapun, and I still don't know what to say, but here goes :P )
If the mysterious voice was put off at all by Barasa's dismissal, it did not voice it. The mare, however, was slightly stunned at his sudden (lucky) acrobatics, and was quite speechless at the sudden reversal from nearly killing himself in a display of dexterity to exercising his charisma on her. Slowly (as it took her a few turns to make her save vs stunned), a smile crept over her face. The mind voice, now in common (because I'm too lazy to rhyme properly right now :P ) returned, and Barasa (and everyone at the table) realizes that the mind voice was the mare. "That was incredible, Zebra-friend! I did not know that your kind was so adept at tumbling and flipping! Very nice! Although, I do not feel that it would be in your best interest to try to drink me... Though my medium is water, it would cause my channeling to be disrupted, and I would have to re-form, and that would be counter productive, because time is running short!"

"My name? Uh... Well... I guess... you can call me... Noa! That'll work. At least... I think that's a name they still use... Anyways, I am thankful for your coming here, everyone. Now that you have all seen the disaster that is coming, I hope that you will be willing to help me prevent it. Much darkness will come upon my shrine and the land itself if we do not act quickly!"

Barasa continues to stare (almost creepily) at this Noa with a big stupid grin across his face as she tells he story before finally saying without losing his smile, "I have no idea what you just said"

IryokuHikari

Postby IryokuHikari » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:48 pm

Canada714 wrote:
IryokuHikari wrote:(I was unsure quite how to reply to that one, then I realized your metapun, and I still don't know what to say, but here goes :P )

Barasa continues to stare (almost creepily) at this Noa with a big stupid grin across his face as she tells he story before finally saying without losing his smile, "I have no idea what you just said"

"Ah... well... What was the last thing you heard?" Noa asked, trying to help

Glyph Reader

Postby Glyph Reader » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:45 am

// Ok, just a bit confused here, so let me get things straight: is the mare that Barasa was talking to Noa, or did decide to leave his other conversation? Also, was Noa speaking to everyone; she had said 'everyone' mid sentence when it seemed that she was talking to me. //
Forum RPs:
Forlorn Vestige
Adventurers' Folly: Ascent Into Madness (AF: AIM)

I have an art request thread here:
Art Request Thread

Feel free to ask!

Canada714

Postby Canada714 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:31 am

IryokuHikari wrote: "Ah... well... What was the last thing you heard?" Noa asked, trying to help

//Don't worry, *I* got ya, Barasa is just so struck by her beauty (and hungover) that it's going right over his head/he's not listening. Meant to be funny, but I forgot there's no tone. oops//

Return to “Tavern”